Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chili_con_carne

Beckford - will he go or will he stay?

JB still lives in Manchester, travels to Leicester for training every day.

He will take a wage cut to go to a new team and is ideally looking at a club closer to home.

He won't take a £15,000 a week paycut though. We'll still have to pay him off.

Absolutely no player is bigger than any club, will I miss Beckford? Probably but can we get a replacement to compete against Beckfords stats.. Definitely.

Don't be too concerned with outward bound players, Nigel knows the transfer market well and very rarely buys bad!

Lets be completely honest though, if he does go and we have to get in a replacement Pearson will not sign any of the players we want at Leicester as he isn't that type of manager....

What does that mean?

Lets be completely honest though, if he does go and we have to get in a replacement Pearson will not sign any of the players we want at Leicester as he isn't that type of manager....

Fryatt would not suprise me at all, hopefully he pulls something out the bag but getting rid of Beckford without a replacement as good if not better to a rival is a bad move for us!

Damn that Pearson signing players they have actually scouted instead of the awesome ones we suggest based on football manager......

Our fans our great, most of you rate Waghorn more than Beckford lol If any of you had a half decent footballing brain you would realise Jermaine Beckford is a very intelligent player and is a natural finisher. If he does go I hope he proves all you doubters wrong and the thread will come 'why did we let Beckford go'.

Our fans our great, most of you rate Waghorn more than Beckford

First off that's nonsense. But, Waghorn has actually scored more goals in this league than Beckford ever has in one season.

Jermaine Beckford is a very intelligent player and is a natural finisher.

I just wish he would actually show it then. He's a one game in 10 player.

If we can make a million or two I'll be chuffed, it simply hasn't worked here and I don't fancy running the risk of changing our entire system to suit him when he could quite easily do nothing like last year.

I'll personally be glad to see the back of him, this early cameo this season has given all the signs that absolutely nothing has changed with him and we'd be in for another season of utter mediocrity from a forward we pay wages to get the absolute best in this league from.

Best of luck but it really hasn't worked for him here and I hope the move happens.

First off that's nonsense. But, Waghorn has actually scored more goals in this league than Beckford ever has in one season.

Yes, but take out Waghorn's penalties (as we like to do with Gallagher) and give Beckford another goal they would be level.

If he does leave I'd be amazed if he was replaced. We'll still have 5 first team strikers (of varying levels of quality!) which is more than enough to fill the two forward positions.

^^ THIS^^

Yes, but take out Waghorn's penalties (as we like to do with Gallagher) and give Beckford another goal they would be level.

All conjecture. It's a very minimal difference whichever way you look at it and Waghorn's loan season would've cost us an absolute fraction of what Beckford has.

In classic Leicester style he's turned to shit once we've thrown money at him.

I honestly think Vardy will do better for us than Beckford did, based on early signs this season he will be an impressive player for us.

You're right Waghorn has scored more in one season 12 in 43 league appearances against Beckford's 9 in 39. If you look at total goals then Waghorn has scored a whopping 17 in 77 appearances, 1 every 4.5 games, against Beckford's 15 in 44, 1 every 2.9 games. I think the maths speaks for itself as to who is the better goalscorer added to which Beckford scored 8 in the Premiership of 32 appearances.

Unfortunately the argument is academic because Waghorn is Pearson's pet and he doesn't like Beckford because he has attitude and he was a Sven buy.

All conjecture. It's a very minimal difference whichever way you look at it and Waghorn's loan season would've cost us an absolute fraction of what Beckford has.

I honestly think Vardy will do better for us than Beckford did, based on early signs this season he will be an impressive player for us.

I know.

Waghorn did really well for us but has struggled since he joined the club permanently, for a number of reasons.

Looking at it this way, who would you expect, out of the two, to improve on their previous best season with us?

Our fans our great, most of you rate Waghorn more than Beckford lol If any of you had a half decent footballing brain you would realise Jermaine Beckford is a very intelligent player and is a natural finisher. If he does go I hope he proves all you doubters wrong and the thread will come 'why did we let Beckford go'.

Bit early to be hitting the drink, isn't it?

Beckford is an enigma and I wouldn't describe him as natural finisher - I've lost count of the times he's rushed and snatched at shots.

That's all very well but who do we bring on as sub? Nugent and Vardy will be likely to be injured/suspended/out of form at some point, what do we do then?

Unfortunately the argument is academic because Waghorn is Pearson's pet and he doesn't like Beckford because he has attitude and he was a Sven buy.

Let me get this straight, Waghorn is Pearson's pet and he doesn't like JB, yet JB has started 2 games and come on as a sub in the other and Waghorn has yet to make a league appearance!

You might want to rethink your argument.

If he does leave I'd be amazed if he was replaced. We'll still have 5 first team strikers (of varying levels of quality!) which is more than enough to fill the two forward positions.

We could have 25 forwards at the club but if none of them can hit a cows arse with a banjo then we need someone in who can. With a good finisher we could and probably would be sitting on 9 pts and everybody raving how great we look rather than the doom and gloom at the moment.

Nugent - Has barely looked interested so far this season and a few stupid tweets leave wondering whether he is still that interested in playing for Leicester.

Vardy - Who knows what he can do but hss missed a few sitters already.

Futacs - Has looked as shite as I thought he would fo so far.

Schlupp - Sooner rather than later he will need to start fulfilling his perceived potential. Has not looked like he has moved forward any further in his game than 15 months ago.

Waghorn - Needs to leave for his own sake as well as ours. Has been so bad since we bought him he will have to go down as one of the worst buys for the club ever.

We have one or two young forwards scoring a lot of goals in the u18's and u21's but they are no where near ready for a first team slot.

The conclusion for me is thst we need a replacement asap if he goes. One that can stick the ball in on a regular basis.

He won't get a replacement in as we have a lot of attacking options. However if he does go, Vardy and Nugent, fair enough but if someone gets injured banned or loses form I can't see waggy or futacs doing a job! Schlupp is young and has potential and pace but you can't just chuck him in to replace Nugent or Vardy.

Michael Owen would be the type of replacement I would go for provided his wages aint too high and don't say he is past it because if Kevin Phillips can score goals at this level at the age of 38 than Owen can, he hasn't got the pace he used to but is a striker than can score goals in the box and with the delivery we have from Marshall and Knockaert goals could be a plenty at this level imo.

You're right Waghorn has scored more in one season 12 in 43 league appearances against Beckford's 9 in 39. If you look at total goals then Waghorn has scored a whopping 17 in 77 appearances, 1 every 4.5 games, against Beckford's 15 in 44, 1 every 2.9 games. I think the maths speaks for itself as to who is the better goalscorer added to which Beckford scored 8 in the Premiership of 32 appearances.

And how many of Waghorns 77 appearances have been for 15 minutes or less? Or shoved onto the wing? A considerable number. I'm not saying Waghorn is great, he's been average for some time. And so has Beckford.

As for being a pet, that's nonsense.

Michael Owen would be the type of replacement I would go for provided his wages aint too high and don't say he is past it because if Kevin Phillips can score goals at this level at the age of 38 than Owen can, he hasn't got the pace he used to but is a striker than can score goals in the box and with the delivery we have from Marshall and Knockaert goals could be a plenty at this level imo.

Owen doesn't want to play in this league.

We've got 3 forwards at the minute that can just about hold their own in this division. Beckford, Nugent and (I think) Vardy.

Reducing that number to two, then relying on Waghorn or Schlupp when one gets injured (because thats a when, not an if) is suicidal.

I'll be pissed off if he goes, and even more pissed off if he goes and we don't replace him.

Edit: And how many times are people going to say he has an attitude?! Speak to anyone within the club and they'll tell you completely the opposite.

I know.

Waghorn did really well for us but has struggled since he joined the club permanently, for a number of reasons.

Looking at it this way, who would you expect, out of the two, to improve on their previous best season with us?

Neither. I honestly don't think either of them will offer any more this year than they have last year.

That's why we've brought in Vardy. He adds a new type of player to our attack and I'm confident he'll be better than them both. He'll lack quality at times but he'll never give up and he will net us a fair few.

Archived