Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tomhemz

where do players live?

This thread gives me chance to relive a fond boyhood memory.  In 1963 or 1964, I decided to look up addresses of City players in the local phone book (remember those?). Not too far from where I lived, was Jimmy Walsh and Frank McLintock (Wyngate Drive/Wescotes Drive area).  A friend and I went to Jimmy Walsh's newsagent shop, but he wasn't in the shop when we stopped by.  However, when we knocked on Frank McLintock's door, his wife answered and invited us in.  We chatted with Frank for a while, then he took us to his back lawn and we passed a football around for a while.  He juggled the ball for us, and showed us a couple of moves.  After a while his wife came out and complained that we were making a mess of the lawn (it was getting pretty muddy).  So that ended the games, but my friend and I were each given a glass of milk and sent on our way.  I think at that time, McLintock was a Scottish international; he moved to Arsenal in late in 1964, and eventually was made their captain.  Of course, he became manager of Leicester in 1977.

• 7 months later...

I heard, from someone in this forum, that Kante still lives in France.

Supposedly "he swims the channel and runs the rest of the way" to Leicester...every day!

that's how he's done his bloody hamstring then!

I think the manc boys are all in the local area now. Only kasper still drives down each day, judged on an interview from Claudio earlier this year.

• 3 months later...

Archived