Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NewquayFox

Danns to Leeds.....

For all Danns' hustle and bustle he really doesn't bring a lot else. He does get around the pitch a lot but can not really pass too good, I just think we'll fair better with James. He did decent today.

I would prefer us to have it James & Drinkwater.

Danns is hustle & bustle, has its uses from time to time, he tries his best but loses possession more often than not which invites yet more opposition attacks.

James for me.

Danns will be announced as Leeds loanee soon,which is probably why he wasn't in squad today as our presumably forced clearout from the failed gamble continues.

Danns would be a good option play on weds if he was match fit, or even close to it, being selected to start once this season he is going to be nowhere near.

The best thing to do with Danns atm is farm him out on loan for a month where he is guarnteed games, then he will get match fit, come back and piss all over James and king and start playing with Drinkwater in the middle of midfield.

Danns isn't going to get a look in untill he goes to another club, plays out his skin then comes back, and probably still then he won't get a look in.

DD played badly today by the standards he's set himself here, in so much as he gave the ball away too often and shot from distance when he may have had other/better options. So what? The lad never stops running, never stops trying to do the right thing and has IMO been very effective thus far. Hes young and will learn, why can't people support him, and hopefully him to develop into the player he could be given the time and opportunity. Some people in here are far to quick to judge, and too blinkered to see what might be.

Bumming him??? I'd have his babies as well if he played better than Danny Drinkwater today (not difficult)

He wasn't at his best but I fail to see how Danns would have had any more impact than James or DD? Runs about a lot but is there any cutting edge? No. And that (for me) isn't down to any of the midfielders today quite frankly

DD played badly today by the standards he's set himself here, in so much as he gave the ball away too often and shot from distance when he may have had other/better options. So what? The lad never stops running, never stops trying to do the right thing and has IMO been very effective thus far. Hes young and will learn, why can't people support him, and hopefully him to develop into the player he could be given the time and opportunity. Some people in here are far to quick to judge, and too blinkered to see what might be.

you have quite literally got to be joking, hes been terrible, never liked him, hes just a backwards passer and about 70% of his passes dont reach their destinations.

Danns is hustle & bustle, has its uses from time to time, he tries his best but loses possession more often than not which invites yet more opposition attacks.

James for me.

Danns will be announced as Leeds loanee soon,which is probably why he wasn't in squad today as our presumably forced clearout from the failed gamble continues.

Not according to the manager's interview this afternoon. He said Danns was still part of the City squad.

Can't see him going anywhere soon, especially now King is injured.

I disagree - especially towards the end of last season, he was good at driving foward with the ball, and getting into dangerous positions or having a crack at goal. With King out, I think we should starts Danns. After all - our strikers aren't going to score, and we have to get goals from somewhere.

I understand that point, maybe we could benefit from his work rate, and never give up attitude. And yes he was one of our better players towards the end of last season, he doesn't strike me as the sort of player who will be able to keep his foot on the ball when we're under pressure. His ball retention is quite poor along with his passing, but as we all know he can pop up and score a few goals. I feel that James is that player who can keep calm and try to retain possession.

I like Danns' for his work and team ethic, but I can't see him featuring much. I could be wrong and if he does play, I hope he gives it his all and proves me wrong.

Needs to start tonight for me.

Get back on track and put all this other bollocks to bed.

Why? So he can run around like a headless chicken? Once again - He can't pass, he can't tackle and gives away stupid free kicks, he can't keep posession of the ball, he can't read the game. All he does is run around chasing the ball. Absolutely useless.

He was one of the main culprits for our poor performance against Burton and the only other contribution he's made is coming on against Blackburn to gift them the posession for their second goal. Brilliant, give him a starting spot.

I will be absolutely astounded if we don't start with Drinkwater and James tonight.

Archived