Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NewquayFox

Danns to Leeds.....

Like you, I have always been a big supporter of King, the first time I saw Danns really play was forest away last season, and in the first half, when we dominated, I thought he looked like a great signing, powerful, strong, running at the opposition with the ball, getting in the box, creating chances.

I thought we had got a real gem, but his performances dropped off, understandably with the upheaval that was to follow. Even when he regained his form though his passing was still atrocious at times, like Beckford, I don't understand how professional footballers can't perform the basics, such as passing and controlling the ball, his positional sense wasn't the best either, but his energy and speed would normally make up for that.

Ultimately though for Danns, it was his recklessness and 2 red cards that really cost him last season and this season, he has been poor when he has played, if he can get some form back, and challenge for a place great, if not, then I won't miss him, nice guy, clearly got a personality and some good "bantoh", but really he is a poor man's Robbie Savage and we don't play in the right formation to accomodate such a sloppy passer in the middle.

Agreed, if we're really going for this fast moving, quick passing game, then he's just not going to fit in any more because he simply can't keep or pass the ball, and that's it. Wellens is slow, but at least he's got the footballing brain to be able to pick out the pass or retain the ball, which is why he might still have a role to play for us. But as for Danns, I think he's decent to have as a squad member, but if he wants first team football, I doubt he's going to get it here.

This is a reference to the fact that the communication with players is abysmal.

Definitely. And NP's post match interview the other week contained a secret message ordering me to murder prostitutes. This guy gets it!

I find it odd that people are slating Pearson when he himself managed to get the best we've seen from Danns.

Sven didn't use him well at all.

Beggars belief doesn't it?

Has everyone who's slating Dannsy forgotten Chelsea away last year???

The guy was immense and I even had my mates, who support premiership clubs and have kind of lost track on Leicester players in the past few years, came up to me and said "You lot done well today, that guy with dreadlocks looks a great player"

I'm telling you this guy, in my eyes, is atleast a squad player. I think there will be times this season where we got rolled over in midfield, because i believe, although he's started the season well, that Andy King can go missing and sometimes looks too lightweight. In these situation, Danns would be the perfect substitute.

Id keep him here, seems like he gets on well with all the lads in dressing room and one of the characters in the team

Well said, totally agree.

People need a new scapegoat without Wellens playing and with Gallagher gone. One poor game and Danns is the man.

People need a new scapegoat without Wellens playing and with Gallagher gone. One poor game and Danns is the man.

One game?

Danns has basically been very average since signing. He had that one good run in the side. Other than that I've found him very disappointing and was expecting to see better.

Will he improve to become a key member of the team? At 29, I don't think so, he's hardly going to develop further. And he seems to be down the order?

Of all Svens signings Danns was actually one of the ones that excited me most and, other than glimpses of quality, he's generally failed to deliver.

He had a good partnership with Drinkwater in the center and they complimented each other well, when Danns is on his A game he is very good, but sadly him and Wellens don't do enough and that is why they are deemed back ups, King and Drinkwater are there to stay in that central midfield and I cannot see anyone dislodging them at this moment in time.

Danns is a good player to have in our squad like someone else mentioned above when he was played in his actual postion last year he played very good until the red card, we missed him dearly at the end of last season for those 4 games and it could have seen us reach the play offs if he had avoided the red.

Kingy and Drinkwater have been good but they won't last all season they are bound to pick an injury up or tire at somepoint, and James hasn't proved anything, I'm sure we will see Wellens play apart also as he isn't THAT bad but I'd rather have Danns in there, he was a solid player at Palace aswell, some people are clueless though.

Danns is a good player to have in our squad like someone else mentioned above when he was played in his actual postion last year he played very good until the red card, we missed him dearly at the end of last season for those 4 games and it could have seen us reach the play offs if he had avoided the red.

Kingy and Drinkwater have been good but they won't last all season they are bound to pick an injury up or tire at somepoint, and James hasn't proved anything, I'm sure we will see Wellens play apart also as he isn't THAT bad but I'd rather have Danns in there, he was a solid player at Palace aswell, some people are clueless though.

Amen

He's hardly a scapegoat. Almost no one has called him shit, most have simply said he's average and wouldn't be a huge loss.

Nobody is scapegoating anyone, most people can see the benefits of him going on loan, and wouldn't be that fussed if he left.

It is not the same as booing and blaming him for shit that is not his fault.

One game?

Danns has basically been very average since signing. He had that one good run in the side. Other than that I've found him very disappointing and was expecting to see better.

Will he improve to become a key member of the team? At 29, I don't think so, he's hardly going to develop further. And he seems to be down the order?

Of all Svens signings Danns was actually one of the ones that excited me most and, other than glimpses of quality, he's generally failed to deliver.

No-one was slagging him last season. After Christmas, until he got sent off he was one of our best performers.

I do forget your opinion means everyone else's is wrong.

He had a good partnership with Drinkwater in the center and they complimented each other well, when Danns is on his A game he is very good, but sadly him and Wellens don't do enough and that is why they are deemed back ups, King and Drinkwater are there to stay in that central midfield and I cannot see anyone dislodging them at this moment in time.

A loss on sunday with Henry and Doumbia(?) dominating midfield and that could all change....... :whistle:

No-one was slagging him last season. After Christmas, until he got sent off he was one of our best performers.

I do forget your opinion means everyone else's is wrong.

There is no need for that Bert.

You gave your opinion, I gave mine. I didn't resort to any personal element. Some agree with you, some don't.

Your point ain't true anyway. Until around Christmas many were wondering why Sven had even signed him, he was that bad. So actually, many WERE slagging him off last season. Like Beckford, he only improved with the arrival of Pearson.

:thumbup:

I do understand what your saying, but i mean just check out Svens signings

Pantsil - Immediately requested a transfer when Sven went

Fernandez - Immediately requested a transfer when Sven went

Peltier - Got dropped, immediately wanted a move

Mills - Fell out with Pearson

Sol Bamba - Got dropped, immediately wanted a move

Nuge - Got dropped, started posting remarks on twitter

St Ledger - Got dropped, immediately requested a move

Danns - Gets dropped, immediately wants a move

What ever happened to fighting for your place in the squad

Completely agree. Bunch of millionaire egos is all we have (with the odd exception). No one willing to fight for their place. A few games out of the team and bang, they are off. No-one cares about the Leicester City shirt, that is clear.

We should have just got Warnock as manager. It would have been a hell of a lot cheaper than the bargain basement clear-out. He obviously rates the old squad, he's tried to sign most of them!

Mind you, I doubt Warnock will be able to control the Ego's. There all notorious to control. The LAPD would struggle to keep a hold of the gangsters we had last season. Warnock is not a brick wall like our Nigel. Without Big Nigel keeping them in line these players will be pissing about all over the place. I bet Leeds will get relegated at this rate. Uncontrollable bunch of renegades there signing.

I'm sure as soon as Warnock realises they have a mind of their own, and don't always agree with him, he'll try to intimidate them, freeze them out the squad, not communicate with them and then ship them out for a fraction of their value. That's what any manager with anything about him would do.

Bert on Twitter; "The majority of us want to see you starting"

Really??

Danns played well towards the end of last season, but, given that we appear to be placing more emphasis on quick, accurate ball movement this year, Danns' poor distribution is not going to cut it.

Bert on Twitter; "The majority of us want to see you starting"

Really??

Danns played well towards the end of last season, but, given that we appear to be placing more emphasis on quick, accurate ball movement this year, Danns' poor distribution is not going to cut it.

lol lol

That made me laugh, is that licking Danns arse, or is that licking Danns arse?

If Danns don't like it he can simply fook off, we don't need those big ego's in the club who moan because they got dropped, he got dropped for a reason, Nugent got dropped at the start of the season, and I didn't see him moaning at the start of the season.

Danns needs to shut up and his chance will come, or if Pearson don't rate him, he don't rate him that's his decision, Danns has loads of energy will close down all day long, but what else does he offer when he starts?

The amount of times he gives the ball away is ridiculous, he just runs around the midfield like a headless chicken half the time, making the odd quality link up and quality tackle, yes he improved towards the end of last season, but now he gets dropped and starts moaning on twitter and having arguments with people. That Leeds comment is just disgusting while he still plays for us, then he says he ain't done nothing wrong and he loves us, in my eyes that tweet was all kinds of wrong.

If he acts like this, he can simply fook off, we don't want him causing unrest in the club, when we have been doing pretty ok so far.

Archived