Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NewquayFox

Danns to Leeds.....

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/story-16893210-detail/story.html?

Leeds United have expressed an interest in taking Leicester City midfielder Neil Danns on loan, the Mercury understands.

Leeds boss Neil Warnock is after a central midfield player and has targeted Danns, who has struggled to break into City's starting line-up this season.

Danns is believed to be their preferred target, although Stoke's Michael Tongue is also considered a possibility.

Warnock worked with Tongue during their time together at Sheffield United.

It is understood Leeds will try to sign one or the other, with Danns top of their priority list.

The 29-year-old has grown frustrated at his lack of opportunities this season under manager Nigel Pearson.

He has tweeted his exasperation, although has also stated that he does not want to leave City.

The midfielder has also denied rumours of a falling out with manager Nigel Pearson.

However, with Danny Drinkwater and Andy King currently occupying the central midfield berths, plus Matty James waiting in the wings and Richie Wellens returning from injury soon, Danns' opportunities may remain limited.

A short-term stint at Elland Road may present a good opportunity for him to get some first-team action.

Pelts has probably put a good word in for him, those two are thick as thieves.

This is probably a good move for him, he's not a particularly talented player - he's a hard worker, but he can't win, pass or keep the ball, which is no use for the style of football we're playing at the minute - and he's not really in form at the minute either. Would be good for him to go out and get regular game time so he's fully fit if we need to recall him for whatever reason. I can't say I'll be sad to see him go, hopefully Leeds will pay a big chunk of his wages too. Another one of Sven's flops...

This would be a good move for both parties.

Danns seems to have become one of Nige's fringe players and probably isn't happy with this.

We have James and Wellens as back up in the central mid position.

I'd let Danns go no worries to be honest. If he does go i guess it may well be a permanent move come January.

I said in the summer that I didn't think Danns was a Pearson type player and this seems to be the case. He's flattered to deceive at Leicester, his ball retention is a disgrace and I don't see a future for him here. He needs a midfield built around him with him being top boy and he's never had that here and never will. He's crap out wide, he's half decent in the middle but I think I even prefer Wellens than Danns. (can't believe i've just said that)

He does score a few though, but Kingy seems back to his best and i'd much rather he was given every opportunity.

Bye Neil, off you go with Pelts who was another two-bit player.

I said in the summer that I didn't think Danns was a Pearson type player and this seems to be the case. He's flattered to deceive at Leicester, his ball retention is a disgrace and I don't see a future for him here. He needs a midfield built around him with him being top boy and he's never had that here and never will. He's crap out wide, he's half decent in the middle but I think I even prefer Wellens than Danns. (can't believe i've just said that)

He does score a few though, but Kingy seems back to his best and i'd much rather he was given every opportunity.

Bye Neil, off you go with Pelts who was another two-bit player.

Complete myth. He is a 'Pearson player' but when you have the likes of Drinkwater, James and King it's pretty hard to force your way into the team. He's a Pearson player because he puts in a shift but unfortunately so far he hasn't got the form the others have shown. What a difference a few months make, at the end of the season people were saying he was our best player. He hasn't had much game time so far so give him a chance bloody hell!

Complete myth. He is a 'Pearson player' but when you have the likes of Drinkwater, James and King it's pretty hard to force your way into the team. He's a Pearson player because he puts in a shift but unfortunately so far he hasn't got the form the others have shown.

Is James that good?

I think it's very early to say that Danns couldn't push his way into the team over James?

I don't think he will, because Nige seems to prefer James. But I'm not sure he's particularly good yet?

For example, didn't James start in the Burton debacle? Whereas Danns was roundly slated for his performance, James wasn't mentioned much.

King and Drinky so far, yes... But the jury remains out on James, for me.

Is James that good?

I think it's very early to say that Danns couldn't push his way into the team over James?

I don't think he will, because Nige seems to prefer James. But I'm not sure he's particularly good yet?

For example, didn't James start in the Burton debacle? Whereas Danns was roundly slated for his performance, James wasn't mentioned much.

King and Drinky so far, yes... But the jury remains out on James, for me.

As does for me, but I still feel James is higher on the pecking order than Danns due to NP bringing him in this summer.

If this happens I will be very disappointed.

Another big Character within the squad on his way out for non footballing reasons I guess.

Danns was the spark in midfield last season, I am lost at the way he has been treated this season.

I think Danns should be number 3 on that list. Not been overly impressed with the little I've seen of James and Wellens should be sold to captain a league 1 side.

Guest BlueBrett

Surely Danns would be above Wellens in the pecking order? I'd be sad to see him go, especially to Leeds. I know he hasn't looked great when he's had his limited chances so far this season but at times last year he was just about our best player.

Not bothered to be fair. Had a decent spell when Pearson moved him into central midfield, but other than that he seems to give a lot of fouls away and looses the ball easily. I don't think 'he should be starting', I'm pleased with the progress of King and Drinkwater. The only thing Danns has on his side, which our other midfielders don't, is his injection of pace.

I don't want him to go. If he recaptures the form he showed at the end of last season (especially the Norwich and Chelsea games), then he'll be an important player to us.

The article does say that it's one or the other between Neil Danns and Tonge as to who Leeds get. Well..John Percy tweeted yesterday saying that Leeds were getting Tonge on loan sometime next week. Maybe they made an enquiry to us, but we knocked them back, and now they're going for Tonge instead? The mercury has probably only just picked up on the enquiry that was made?

I think it's a good idea I'm a big fan of Danns and him being on the bench is not doing him any favours let him have a couple of months at Leeds and I'm sure he will do well and if in January we are struggling in midfield we can have him back ready to go

He should be starting. There is no way Pearson could justify sending Danns out on loan, especially to a rival. I don't think this will happen though, the paper doesn't exactly seem sure of it.

Why? No doubt because he's a perceived bigger name.

Did you see Danns' performance against Burton? It was shocking! He wouldn't have found a blue shirt in the City Megastore that night!

Archived