Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ACF

Player Ratings- Wolves (a)

(Trying to stay positive)

Pick the players who enhanced their reputation and claim for a regular place today, since most of the threads seem to be about slagging individuals off.

I will start....

Kasper - solid as usual. Good in the air and good at reaction saves. Really underrated my many LCFC fans in my opinion

Morgan - great positioning and tackling today in a poorly protected defence. Also calm under pressure and good distribution

De Laet - controversial, but I like his energy and is a good tackler 1 on 1, will get better with regular starting place

Knockaert - just a class above anyone on the pitch, Nasri-esque

Marshall - has now strung together a series of good performances and always makes things happen. People need to accept creative players can't win every game, same will apply to Knocky, but he is doing everything right

Schmeichel - 7. Couple of decent saves, no blame for either of the goals.

De Laet - 5. Eager to attack, put in some decent crosses, but defensively as bad as Peltier.

Moore - 5. Should never have started, at least not at centre-back. No need to use him as a stop-gap now SSL is fit.

Morgan - 7. Another solid performance by the skipper, sadly let down by the bombscares around him.

Konchesky - 6. Redeemed a disappointing defensive display with a wonderstrike that gave us some hope of rescuing a point.

Marshall - 5. Looked OK in 1st half and tested Ikeme a couple of times - faded badly later on though and a rash challenge nearly gave away penalty.

Drinkwater - 6. Not as awful as many on here suggest. Stood up better against physical opponents than Wellens would have done.

King - 6. Showed some decent touches before his first-half injury.

Dyer - 4. Total liability - disappeared after crunching early challenge by Doumbia. Maybe we should have loaned him to the blades?

Nugent - 4. As bad as I've ever seen him in a City shirt. Missed two absolute sitters and visibly lost heart in closing stages. Also capped his afternoon with a stupid booking for dissent. If that had been Beckford, the burning torches and nooses would be out by now.

Vardy - 5. Struggled against experienced home defenders - still very much a work in progress.

James - 6. A competitive but unspectacular performance in midfield. Like Drinkwater, would benefit with older head alongside him (unless it's Wellens)

Knockaert - 8*. Showed drive, energy and passion, though rarely an end product. Possibly the one outfield City player who showed top-flight potential.

Waghorn - 6. Blew his one clear-cut chance by placing power above accuracy. May need loan spell elsewhere to boost match fitness.

Schmeichel - 7 Couple of decent saves

De Laet - 5.5

Moore - 5.5 Needs resting or moved to right back, looked very uncomfortable most of the first half but did come back better in the second to be fair

Morgan - 7 Pretty solid most of the time

Konchesky - 6.5 Added .5 because of the goal, gives the ball away far too often for my liking but in the second half he was a lot better.

Marshall - 5 Offered very little today bar the good attempt on goal in the first half

Drinkwater - 5.5 Below par for most of the game

King - 6 Looked one of the most positive players for us before he went off

Dyer - 4 pfff

Nugent - 4.5 Got into some decent positions but his decision making was poor

Vardy - 5 Can't knock his effort, not really given decent service but also did very little with what he got

James - 6 I thought he looked pretty tidy and passed the ball well, although I can't remember him offering a great deal going forward

Knockaert - 7.5 Very bright, good direct running and penetrative balls. Needs to start NP.

Waghorn - 6 Looked better than Nugent and wouldn't begrudge Pearson starting him as he offers a great deal power and pace

I think perhaps for away games that we play a 4-4-1-1 with knocky behind the striker and supporting whoever it may be as i think the lad is wasted on the wing with his vision and skill.

KASPER - Not much to do apart from stand there and weep at the shower of shite in front of him 7

RDL - Stop giving away free tickets to games on twitter and spitter because you will be needing them soon lad if you put shifts in like that. He literally couldn't be bothered to defend at times and attacking wise he put in 2 good crosses but it doesn't stop me giving him a 3.5

KONCH - a screamer but that was it. trouble is NP has no decent back up to challenge him so he won't care, he could of got sent off as well 4

LIAM - he couldn't even get the pre match handshake nailed so it was a no go from the off. Switched off for the first goal. Maybe the fame has got to his head 2

WES - Beast 7.5

DYER - Useless piece of crap, not worth the hotel price they paid to accommodate him last night in the team hotel.

KING - More of a queen today, stop getting injured 3

DD - We played in blue today mate so any danger of finding a blue shirt would be nice. Why does he keep shooting as well, my pet cat could do a better job 3.25

MARSHALL - Went for too many worldies but probably our best outlet.

VARDY - Complete horse muck. He has the touch of a rapist and followed the wolves defence around, almost as though he didn't want the ball. It's ok though as he runs around a lot of and shows passion which means I shall give him a 10

NUGENT - Looked grumpy and still runs like a chicken. seemed to fade as well in the latter stages due to tiredness, to be fair he bird is a solid 9/10 so I can't blame him for shagging away all week. a 9 for his mrs but a 3 for his performance.

WAGHORN - Worlds fail me, his little spag miskick when he came on set the tone for his eventual performance. He spooned a 1 on 1 as well. Also not sure if he realises he is a footballer and not a weightlifter. Someone needs to tell him. I'd swap him for a Curly Wurly at the minute 0.5

JAMES - he looks at least a stone overweight. Does he have the same fitness coach as Michael Johnson. 4

Schmeichel 7 - Did well in front of Daddy's eyes. Could he have done more to prevent Stearman's effort going in? Either way, fantastic finger tip save to deny Doyle after that horror mistake by Moore. Saved Moore's skin again (or was it an intentional back pass... ?) second half. Well-positioned for Sako's and Doyle's second half efforts. Poor save from Doyle (again) first half that allowed him another bite at the cherry. Thankfully Morgan was there with a superb tackle.

RDL 5.5 - Him and Konch were our major defensive weaknesses first half. Got done by Sako time and again. Was much better second half and provided the ammunition together with Knockaert. As we've established, some poor crosses but some superb ones as well. Defensively suspect throughout though.

Morgan 7 - I guess 'solid' is what you say on here. Has to take some blame for the defensive lapses first half. He tends to give the ball away too, but more often than not he recovers possession. I like that he was in the opposition box on two or three occasions from open play too, unfortunately the crosses didn't come to him. He's indispensable!

Moore 5 - Was shaky and never got to grips with SEB or Doyle. Distribution was atrocious, and his unbelievable pass to Doyle is unforgivable. Schmeichel saved it, but they scored from the eventual corner. Learn from this and never do it again, Liam!!

Konch 5.5 - Guilty for the first goal, very poor first half. Different man after the break. Amazing goal, but also kept Peczko in his pocket all second half and moved the ball forward well. Very odd game for him.

Marshall 5.5 - Looked decent first half, good shots and good runs. Was invisible second half. Poor crosses throughout even if he had plenty of opportunities. Almost scored with a fluke one. Spurned a great opening after a delicious pass by Knockaert.

King 6 - He looked up for it and had a decent chance that he orchestrated and finished himself. Sad to see him getting subbed, hope his injury isn't too bad. We need him!

DD 5.5 - Terrible first half. Guilty of squandering possession on umpteen occasions. Improved no end second half. Was an effective link between our defenders. made far more good passes than poor ones second half. Poor finishing though...*sigh*

Dyer 5 - Ineffective. Got no service first half and was going way deep to help give an option to the defense who'd consistently give it away. Never got to use his strengths though and was subsequently anonymous. Can't argue against the half-time substitution.

Vardy 5 - Huffed and puffed, but got little service. The one half chance he got, he spurned with a horrid first touch. Still, he was of more use than his strike partner.

Nugent 4 - Very poor. Spurned so many opportunities that I won't bother going through them. Bad attitude throughout and should look at a spell on the bench. His inept cross towards Vardy first half was just as unforgivable as Moore's gift to Doyle at the other end. He had so much time and space to pick out Vardy... That set the tone for his performance tonight.

Subs:

James 6 - Still needs to settle in. He wasn't greatly involved, but offered a passing option and together with DD helped keep the pressure up on Wolves midfield. Didn't make any glaring mistakes though, but I'd much rather have had King in there for obvious reasons.

Knockaert 7.5 - Superb performance. He looked dangerous every single time he got the ball and played smartly. If the management told him to play in the middle, it was a great move by them. Plenty of excellent runs, forward passes and high work rate. If I have a complaint, it's that he tried too hard sometimes. Managed to run himself in the ground in only 45 minutes. If he is to start, he has to prove that he's able to manage his energy spending over 90 minutes, because he won't last a whole game playing like he did today.

Waghorn 5.5 - Proved just as wasteful as his fellow strike partners. Spurned the best chance of the game and didn't offer much else. Still, his attitude was a heck of a lot better than Nugent's! If Becks and Nuge don't pull themselves together, either he or Futacs should start ahead of them.

Kasper 8 - Best keeper in league wiv no doubt made good saves.

Konch 5 - cracking strike,shit defender need replacement

Wes 7 - Didnt do much wrong solid as ever

Moore 6 - Might be future player but not good enough in this league if we really want promotion

De Laet 7- shit marking not bad going forward

Dyer 4 - poor as usual,league 1 his level now! no point beating your man for pace if cant pass or shoot (fu**s me off fans chanting his name like his a legend whats he ever done?

Marshall 7 - Lively first half fizzled out bit in second half but decent like most weeks

Drinkwater 7- Average game seen alot of ball few missed place passes but not bad performance,just wastefull shots!

King N/a - looked good when played shame had go off

James 6 - Looks like good passer of ball and gets alot of the ball but deffo not starting eleven!

Knockaet 8 - Looks different class no wonder newcastle were looking at him,needs start ahead of Dyer bolical

Vardy 5 - Put effort in but struggled get in the game

Nugent 7 - Not sharp like last season but will come good

Waghorn 6 - yes should of scored but looked sharper and good going forward,everyone get off the young lads back think stuart pearce no more than all twats on here slating him thats why he got the call up! try get behind YOUR team!

Just a note on BECKFORD one of best strikers in the league sitting on the bench,pearson should move on whatever he got against him we want goals not a relationship between them,we paying a big wage for him and dont play him and sure we would of killed for him few years ago...if you look at him before and in games he aplauds most passes and high fiving everyone trying give them confidence so doesnt look like he got big ego like most say on here!

WE NEED MORE NOISE AT HOME GAMES BIT LIKE STOKE,TRY AND MAKE IT HARD FOR AWAY TEAMS AT OUR PLACE!

l!

Konchesky's best 90 minutes this season?? That leaves two options: 1) You had a solid smoke prior to the game or 2) he's been truly shite in all our other games so far, which I can't rule out, and scares me a bit. Also Waghorn made a substantial impact? Tactical master-stroke? :blink: Removing either Vardy or Nuge from the game was pretty obvious the way they were playing...

WAGHORN made an impact? A shit impact I presume you meant.

Did you not see the shot he managed to spoon onto the post, and 5 mins before that some ball control that would be out of place at a lower league Under 11 side.

He shouldn't even be in the squad. The only explanation is that Pearson has a crush on him

Dyer 4 - poor as usual,league 1 his level now! no point beating your man for pace if cant pass or shoot (fu**s me off fans chanting his name like his a legend whats he ever done?

Waghorn 6 - yes should of scored but looked sharper and good going forward,everyone get off the young lads back think stuart pearce no more than all twats on here slating him thats why he got the call up! try get behind YOUR team!

Just a note on BECKFORD one of best strikers in the league sitting on the bench,pearson should move on whatever he got against him we want goals not a relationship between them,we paying a big wage for him and dont play him and sure we would of killed for him few years ago...if you look at him before and in games he aplauds most passes and high fiving everyone trying give them confidence so doesnt look like he got big ego like most say on here!

You slag off people 'not supporting' Waggy and you slag off people 'supporting' Dyer. Make your mind up. Dyer has in no way warranted the scape-goating on here. Likewise, while I agree that Waggy should get support, he hasn't exactly shown anything near the level he did a couple of seasons ago.

And Beckford one of the best strikers? He might be one of the best paid strikers in this league, but he's not exactly lived up to his reputation or price tag has he?

Kasper 5 - Doesn't look like the Kasper of last season. Kicking erratic.

RDL 4 - Dreadful. Gets skinned too easily, shocking marking for their second.

Konch 5 - scored a screamer but was poor.

Morgan 7 - felt sorry for him. Defended well whilst filling in for others.

Moore 5 - poor by his own admission

Marshall 5 - Too greedy, wants to score a screamer all the time. Wasteful.

Dyer 4 - pathetic.

Drinkwater 5 - tried to keep us going but was over-ran in the middle.

King 5 - Coukdve scored with his other real involvement.

Nugent 5 - badly lacking confidence. Needs a goal.

Vardy 4 - time for a rest.

James 5 - did very little.

Knockaert 6 - looked lively and gave us some hope.

Waggy 5 - should be scoring his chance.

The praise of De Laet is astonishing to me. I thought it was a truly woeful performance; constantly caught out of position, easily done by the winger, to blame for a goal. Looked like an amateur.

Moore might not have been great but he's a right back, let's see him play right back with Whitbread in the centre. The last four games De Laet has played we've conceded 2 to 4 goals and I'm beginning to believe it's not a coincidence.

De Laet put in a couple of crosses which were threatening and got forward well in the second half. First half he was poor I'll grant you.

And I only said "ok", which was slightly better than the rest bar Knockaert.

Kasper-8 Pulled off a couple of fantastic saves and had very little chance with both goals. Maybe needs to organise his defence better from set pieces but not his fault.

Moore-4 Not impressed with him yesterday. Gave the ball away in dangerous positions and nearly scored thwart would've been the worst own goal I've ever seen lol still learning but maybe not a starter for every game

Morgan-7 pretty solid l, gave the ball away a couple of times but did ok

De Laet-7 Left his man for their second goal but other than that he did alright. Git forward and supported really well. Put a couple of decent crosses in

Konchesky- 5 (10 for the goal) thought he had a shocker for about the first hour but then he scored a worldy and grew in confidence

Marshall- 7.5 Always involved in the play and unlucky not to score. Don't know what that free kick was all about though lol

King-6 Probably would've been an 8 if he carried on. Thought he looked really good on the ball and his passing was a delight at times. Shame he had to go off. Anyone know how long hes out for?

Drinkwater-7 he's a bit of a strange one, sometimes he looks a class above but then he'll give the ball away really cheaply. Should never be allowed to shoot again lol

Dyer- I honestly can't think what rating to give him? Not criticising him

Nugent-6 Not too impressed with him yesterday. Doesn't look as happy as he did last season imo. Poor decision making and gave away free kicks too much. Need him to get back in form

Vardy- 6.5 Went missing a bit but worked hard as ever. Really like him though

Knocky- 7.5 Game changed when he came on imo. Great trickery and passing and just looks so confident on the ball. Maybe got a bit greedy towards the end but he's got to start Wednesday.

Waggy-6 Got involved in the game and should/could have scored. Don't think he's got much of a future here tbh

James- cant really remember what he did. Again not criticising him

Ref- 6 Didn't make any major errors he was just blowing up too much for very little

Wolves- 4 Not saying it because I'm bitter but I thought they were really poor and needed us to give them goals rather than them building attacks. Good centre midfield partnership though

Wolves- 4 Not saying it because I'm bitter but I thought they were really poor and needed us to give them goals rather than them building attacks. Good centre midfield partnership though

9 shots on target to your 10.

15 off target to your 20.

You created probably two chances that you really should have scored from which were better than ours (Nugent first half just over bar, Waghorn second), but we also created plenty.

The majority of your extra shots off target was Drinkwater and James trying to shoot from 30 yards.

9 shots on target to your 10.

15 off target to your 20.

You created probably two chances that you really should have scored from which were better than ours (Nugent first half just over bar, Waghorn second), but we also created plenty.

The majority of your extra shots off target was Drinkwater and James trying to shoot from 30 yards.

Sorry mate but I just really wasn't impressed at all. You got the result though

Kasper 6 - Looks a bit iffy this season at time, could be an argument he should be collecting the first goal.

RDL 5 - Worst game I have seen him have for us yesterday

Konch 6 - Would be a 4 without the goal, marking horrific and directly cost us a goal.

Morgan 7 - Did fairly well.

Moore 5 - Dreadful, time for a rest, still cannot believe some people wouldnt take 5million for this guy if it was true.

Marshall 6 - Tried to make things happen but not a great end product.

Dyer 4 - How he is starting over Knockaert is absolutely scandalous

Drinkwater 5 - gave the ball away far to often for a central midfield player

King 5 - Lack of involvement as usual before he went off

Nugent 5 - doesn't looks a threat at all at the moment, with him upfront someone else is going to have to score a lot of goals.

Vardy 4 - Very poor, been genuinely impressed with him but yesterday looked every bit a non-league player out of his depth.

James 5 - hardly noticed him

Knockaert 7 - makes things happen every time he comes onto the price, lovely play for the Waghorn chance.

Waggy 5 - bad bad miss, not just for this game but he needs a massive confidence boost and the more chances he misses the worse he'll get.

Kasper 5 - Doesn't look like the Kasper of last season. Kicking erratic.

RDL 4 - Dreadful. Gets skinned too easily, shocking marking for their second.

Konch 5 - scored a screamer but was poor.

Morgan 7 - felt sorry for him. Defended well whilst filling in for others.

Moore 5 - poor by his own admission

Marshall 5 - Too greedy, wants to score a screamer all the time. Wasteful.

Dyer 4 - pathetic.

Drinkwater 5 - tried to keep us going but was over-ran in the middle.

King 5 - Coukdve scored with his other real involvement.

Nugent 5 - badly lacking confidence. Needs a goal.

Vardy 4 - time for a rest.

James 5 - did very little.

Knockaert 6 - looked lively and gave us some hope.

Waggy 5 - should be scoring his chance.

Up Knockaert to a 7 and I don't think there's anything wrong with these markings. I'm still frustrated at the simplistic nature of the defensive errors. De Laet is supposed to have been schooled at United and makes an error like that. Konchesky cancelled out his error with his strike, but it was so glaring and downright embarrassing not to pick up his man in the manner that he did for their first goal.

Schmeichel 6.5 (One excellent save to his right but not his dominant best).

De Laet .5.5 (Lost Stearman for the goal although quite why he was over there I don't know. Got into some good attacking positions but his final ball was too often floated in hope rather than punched in with venom and accuracy),

Morgan 6 (Broad and strong but he doesn't convince me, especially when he starts dribbling the ball out (yet again) and sometimes when he fails to organise. The flick-on for Stearman's goal came from his area of responsibility and surely it shoud have been him marking Ebanks-Blake at the far post not a couple of comparative lightweights).

Moore 6 (Did little that was obviously wrong but he and Konchesky failed to communcate for the EB goal and the youngster got a bit careless with his passing at times, almost gifting them an excellent position with one optimistic and misdirected ball).

Konchesky 6 (I'd have given him very little for his first half contribution but something like an 8 after the break. His thunderous goal will be among the best of the season and gave us a platform to try and recover the game and his general play was much better two as we searched for the equaliser)..

Marshall 6.5 (Drew one excellent save from their goalkeepr with a trademark scorcher but wasted other chances and was much less influential later on).

Drinkwater 5.5 (Disappointing. His passing was careless, his occasional shot pretty awful and, although busy, he just didn't seem to make much happen).

King 6 (Sad to see him injured. Seemed to be a threat and had a potentially good strike blocked from close range).

James 5.5 (Not impressive but I'll wait to see more before forming a firm opinion).

Dyer 6 (So nearly made a goal for Nugent with the best short through ball of the game but sadly, a relatively easy chance was wassted. Worked back defensively on occasions but was rarely played into the game nor left with the one-on-one situations against Stearman that I thought we'd try to effect).

Knockaert 6.5 (People have raved about him but while he huffed and puffed hard enough he looked a fussy player to me and a guy who failed to deliver his passes quickly enough. Yes, he's got good ball skills but he doesn't seem to have real potency and might have left us exposed by simply running into defenders with the ball on at least two occasions. Had better moments too but has a way to go before i'd describe him as threatening).

Nugent 6.5 (Got into some great positions but just failed to deliver the goals we so desperately needed and we need goals from strikers)..

Vardy 5.5 (Looked as if he were drawing breath after his introduction to Championship football. Just didn't seem to function with the same threat as usual nor did he have his usual fire and determination).

Waghorn 5 (Had the perfect chance to equalise and blew it by hitting the outside of the post. Should really have shot across the goal anyway but it was typical Waghorn really. One or two promising flourishes and then he loses his edge and drifts out of it. Plenty of heart but just not a naturally clinical striker from anything I've seen).

Archived