Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Kenwyne Jones the man to score the Goals?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/stoke-transfer-news-kenwyne-jones-1328674?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Kenwyne Jones is wanted by ­Championship rivals Leeds and Leicester.

Stoke boss Tony Pulis is ready to let the Trinidad & Tobago international go out on loanfollowing the capture of Michael Owen.

Leeds boss Neil Warnock wants Jones to replace Ross McCormack, who is facing at least a month on the sidelines with an ankle injury.

Scotland international McCormack is undergoing scans to determine whether he has suffered a break or ligament damage.

Warnock said: “We are looking for someone who can improve the squad, and we would love to get a striker in before playing Nottingham Forest on Saturday.

“Most of the better players have already gone out on loan and, as it is, we can’t really replace Ross because we’re a bit thin on the ground.â€

Leicester chief Nigel Pearson has also targeted Jones, 27, to boost an attack that is finding goals hard to come by this term.

Kenwyne Jones is more of a target man, he is a target man come goalscorer, he can do both things very well.

I like Jones and he could be a very useful player for us, and I would take him hands down.

We need to bolster this squad, because we don't have enough players, we have only 22 players on our books and that isn't good enough, Pearson said he wants to work with 24-25.

Jones' goal scoring record is surprisingly poor, when he is on form he is an absolute nightmare for defenders, but the fact that he is deemed surplus to requirements by stoke, who play to his strengths, because they have signed a shell of a former superstar, makes me think they don't rate him that highly.

Anyway, I would be happy to see him in the royal blue, but not if we become a crappy hoof ball team.

He was always a mediocre premier league player to me that could hold his own but didn't stand out. In the Championship, I could see him being a HUGE asset to anyone and I would love to see him sign for us!

Fairly sure the same was said about Becks.

Archived