Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Kenwyne Jones the man to score the Goals?

Futacs is young. Maybe he is considered more one for the future then at out level at the moment. I'd send him on loan and get kenwe in

Totally agree. We are awash with strikers that aren't playing. Futacs desperately needs to be getting game time and he won't get match-fit sitting on our bench with Waggy, Becks and Schlupp. Something needs to move as we are 'constrikpated' at the moment !

Possibly he has realised how poor Futacs is and that he has dropped a bollock by wasting a wage on him.

Hang on a minute, how long have we seen Futacs play for this season? I've seen 15-20 minutes against Burton, where he took his goal really well. I saw him against Hinckley too, and he appeared to have a good positional sense, as well as being able to control the ball and hold it up. I'm still undecided, but i'm interested to know why you are so sure that he isn't going to be a useful player for us..

Hang on a minute, how long have we seen Futacs play for this season? I've seen 15-20 minutes against Burton, where he took his goal really well. I saw him against Hinckley too, and he appeared to have a good positional sense, as well as being able to control the ball and hold it up. I'm still undecided, but i'm interested to know why you are so sure that he isn't going to be a useful player for us..

From what I have seen from him last season and this he is not nor will ever be above league 1 or 2 level for me. He is slow, not very athletic and does not win enough quality headers. There was a reason that he could not command a regular place in a team that was relegated last season.

Jones ! Desperate times call for desperate measures, NP can't afford to lose the next two games and probably draws would not be enough. Perfect timing October is when it is all change and I don't think the owners will give two hoots to what anyone else thinks. Its a big business and success will only be acheived with promotion to the premier, nothing else is an option for the Thai's

Kenwyne Jones would be fantastic at this level. He is the sort of player who would probably bring the best out in Beckford too. If we can get him in it is a no brainer. Far, far better than anything we currently have.

He's good mate but not that good, he's hardly a guaranteed 20 a goal a season man.

Lets give Futacs a run first

Jones doesn't seem to be anything like the player he used to be but if we keep delivering the sort of inaccurately floated crosses that we're getting from the right, Jones won't do any better than anyone else.

Whether from set-plays or open play our crosses wouldn't trouble a statue. Only Dyer tries to hit the ball in hard and low on occasions and even the he gets blitzed for it.

Look back to Sheehan's crosses. They were delivered with pace and real swing and they created havoc. They gave defenders little time to react and were deadly accurate. Why we can't find someone to do that I don't know or get people attacking the near post so we can hit the ball in low or even along the ground I also don't know.

Sometimes i wonder if we do any really imaginative preparation or take the time to work through different ideas. When teams lose the players need the stimulus of specific ideas to help them believe they will be better players in a better prepared team the next week..

Relentless ruthlessness wins trophies and we don't have it because we don't ask enough of ourselves. We play some wonderful football then go all limp at the climax while, defensively, we're having half the work to do that used to be the case yet don't have the discipline to stay focused and alert.

We need to move a striker out before signing any more, for me at least. Maybe if JB goes out on loan but otherwise it doesn't make much sense to me. I have to say Jones isn't much more than a big lump though whenever I have seen him play. He is a big, strong handful but not a lot else and may create a few chances for others by getting the best of a centre half but is unlikely to score freely IMO.

Archived