Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
paulsherwood1

Richard keys - talksport

If this happens, that's me done with Leicester City. The club is becoming an absolute joke, undeserving of genuine support.

You do know he finished 4th in the Prem last season don't you? If Pearson goes and we get Redknapp as a replacement I would be more than happy. Will never happen though.

Ohhhhhhhh for ****s sake. This would/will ruin us if true.

Don't worry, it's almost certainly not true, here is why:

We don't do our business in the press.

Harry doesn't want to commute.

Harry wants a premiership job (he has said so)

We are not going to set up a deal with Harry Redknapp but keep him hanging around hoping results don't improve so we can bring him in.

If it was true NP would be gone already.

The press and media are full of speculation and bollocks, and talksport is one of the worst for it.

Do you remember the secrecy around NP's appointment and how nothing was leaked before Sven left? Or how we don't release idle speculation about transfer targets?

This lot don't conduct their business in the press, and are not going to risk a deal with someone by letting it slip, we have a tight ship at board level, maybe the defence could learn from them.

Perhaps but I would argue that Harry Redknapp is a tad more higher profile than NP so information may have been leaked through journos or contacts that know him, with NP he is relatively lower profile so perhaps info may not have been leaked that is just a thought?

Why?

Because the club is screaming for stability. We're a ****ing laughing stock with the whole sacking Pearson for Sousa, then sacking him for Sven, just to go back to Pearson! He should never have left in the first place. Harry likes to spend, with FFP coming in we'll be like a lead balloon hurtling towards financial obscurity. There is also no proof that Redknapp will do better than Pearson. The start of our season has NOT been as bad as some of the pessimistic sods on this forum have made out. For **** sake.

Guest BlueBrett
If this happens, that's me done with Leicester City. The club is becoming an absolute joke, undeserving of genuine support.

Bit strong?

I hope this is not true. We need stability.

I laughed when Forest fans seriously thought that Redknapp would consider going there. Why are we any different?

The answer is, outside of Leicester, we are not! Not to mention the fact he wont move house and it's too far for him to travel.

Never going to happen IMO, and don't want it to either.

Because the club is screaming for stability. We're a ****ing laughing stock with the whole sacking Pearson for Sousa, then sacking him for Sven, just to go back to Pearson! He should never have left in the first place. Harry likes to spend, with FFP coming in we'll be like a lead balloon hurtling towards financial obscurity. There is also no proof that Redknapp will do better than Pearson. The start of our season has NOT been as bad as some of the pessimistic sods on this forum have made out. For **** sake.

6 points from 15 is an incredibly poor start for a team that wants to be in or around Promotion spots. The results may not have reflected the performances but we are where we are.

You do know he finished 4th in the Prem last season don't you? If Pearson goes and we get Redknapp as a replacement I would be more than happy. Will never happen though.

I don't care, this isn't the club I started supporting. If we get rid of Pearson to bring in some old crook with a track record of financially endangering more or less every club he's managed, that's me done. I won't be going to or watching any games until the current board and the manager are gone. Chances are the damage will be well and truly done by then though.

I don't care, this isn't the club I started supporting. If we get rid of Pearson to bring in some old crook with a track record of financially endangering more or less every club he's managed, that's me done. I won't be going to or watching any games until the current board and the manager are gone. Chances are the damage will be well and truly done by then though.

More or less every club? He spent the money he was given at Portsmouth (not his fault but the owners) but every club? That is just plain daft.

Thought Keys said not a Prem club?

He did say it wasn't a premiership club.... Only other club I could think of was maybe Celtic.....Although the fact he likes his pad in millionaires row might put paid to that!!

The travel to Leicester would be easy by helicopter / plane. Probably easier than his travel to London!

Can't believe HR would come for a second, but there was one piece of NP's post-match interview that has troubled me all week. There was a piece where he said something about how, given time, and it would get fixed. Nothing dramatic, but it was the way he said it and his (miniscule) facial expresion change at the time that made me wonder if something had been said to him. 2 + 2 =5 very easily, but it just didn't look or sound quite right. Did anyone else pick that up ???

No proof that Redknapp will do better than Pearson?????

ffs

Only that Redknapp has achieved promotion from the championship ( Pearson hasnt ), Redknapp has managed in the premiership ( Pearson hasn't ), Redknapp has won the FA cup ( Pearson hasn't ) and Redknapp has manage a team into the top 4 of the premiership ( Pearson hasnt ).

Apart from that, your right! What proof?

Only that Redknapp has achieved promotion from the championship ( Pearson hasnt ), Redknapp has managed in the premiership ( Pearson hasn't ), Redknapp has won the FA cup ( Pearson hasn't ) and Redknapp has manage a team into the top 4 of the premiership ( Pearson hasnt ).

Apart from that, your right! What proof?

He was sarcastically repeating what some numpty had previously said, hence the ffs after.

If we do sack NP wouldn't it be better to appoint Mick McCarthy? he has a proven track record of promotion from this division though I guess his style of play might not suit the players.

Are you serious? This is what happens when students do drugs!!

1) A Prem club no doubt, Southampton are a sure thing, he won't want to work away from south coast or London. But I deffo heard S'ton mentioned last week!

2) Doubt our owners will go down the high-spending route again, if we're already about £60m in debt there's nothing for 'Arry here.

3) Over-rated clown, chequebook manager who will blow 10years worth of wages in one year and we've already been down that unsustainable path, hence us having to rebuild.

More or less every club? He spent the money he was given at Portsmouth (not his fault but the owners) but every club? That is just plain daft.

Again, I don't care. The bloke is bent as a nine bob note and if he takes charge that will be the last straw for me. I'm sick of the owners chopping and changing every five minutes, I'm sick of the mercenaries playing for this club throwing hissy fits every other match and I'm sick of the ****ing 'fans' who support this club baying for blood every single time we lose a match.

I go to see Leicester play to see Leicester play, period. Promotion isn't the be-all-and-end-all to me, of course I like to see us do well, but I'm absolutely sick to death of coming on here after a match and seeing people spewing bile over the fact that we've lost a match 2-1 - and that's while we're playing good football! God knows what the place would be like if we lost 5 or 6 nil and played shit.

I used to enjoy going to see the club play, especially in League One and our first season back in the Championship because I felt like we had a club worth being proud of and a manager that was taking us in the right direction. Pearson should have been retained when the Thais came in but they tried two 'high profile' managers who failed completely, before going back to Pearson.

I thought they'd learned their lesson, but if they ditch him and bring in that ****ing crook, Redknapp, I will not support this club until both board and manager are gone.

He was sarcastically repeating what some numpty had previously said, hence the ffs after.

Are you serious? This is what happens when students do drugs!!

As a second option should we not get Redknapp he is a better manager than NP imo, his track record of promotion from this division is very good when we make the prem we can then think about changing course to consolidate our position their, but in the short term Mick McCarthy wouldn't be bad as some are making out.

Archived