Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
paulsherwood1

Richard keys - talksport

Again, I don't care. The bloke is bent as a nine bob note and if he takes charge that will be the last straw for me. I'm sick of the owners chopping and changing every five minutes, I'm sick of the mercenaries playing for this club throwing hissy fits every other match and I'm sick of the ****ing 'fans' who support this club baying for blood every single time we lose a match.

I go to see Leicester play to see Leicester play, period. Promotion isn't the be-all-and-end-all to me, of course I like to see us do well, but I'm absolutely sick to death of coming on here after a match and seeing people spewing bile over the fact that we've lost a match 2-1 - and that's while we're playing good football! God knows what the place would be like if we lost 5 or 6 nil and played shit.

I used to enjoy going to see the club play, especially in League One and our first season back in the Championship because I felt like we had a club worth being proud of and a manager that was taking us in the right direction. Pearson should have been retained when the Thais came in but they tried two 'high profile' managers who failed completely, before going back to Pearson.

I thought they'd learned their lesson, but if they ditch him and bring in that ****ing crook, Redknapp, I will not support this club until both board and manager are gone.

Even if he takes us up then keeps us there?

Again, I don't care. The bloke is bent as a nine bob note and if he takes charge that will be the last straw for me. I'm sick of the owners chopping and changing every five minutes, I'm sick of the mercenaries playing for this club throwing hissy fits every other match and I'm sick of the ****ing 'fans' who support this club baying for blood every single time we lose a match.

I go to see Leicester play to see Leicester play, period. Promotion isn't the be-all-and-end-all to me, of course I like to see us do well, but I'm absolutely sick to death of coming on here after a match and seeing people spewing bile over the fact that we've lost a match 2-1 - and that's while we're playing good football! God knows what the place would be like if we lost 5 or 6 nil and played shit.

I used to enjoy going to see the club play, especially in League One and our first season back in the Championship because I felt like we had a club worth being proud of and a manager that was taking us in the right direction. Pearson should have been retained when the Thais came in but they tried two 'high profile' managers who failed completely, before going back to Pearson.

I thought they'd learned their lesson, but if they ditch him and bring in that ****ing crook, Redknapp, I will not support this club until both board and manager are gone.

I SO agree with all you are saying. No other comment needed.

Have to agree with the majority of that, I do wonder why I bother with this message board sometimes, but then I remember I am bored at work.

Only that Redknapp has achieved promotion from the championship ( Pearson hasnt ), Redknapp has managed in the premiership ( Pearson hasn't ), Redknapp has won the FA cup ( Pearson hasn't ) and Redknapp has manage a team into the top 4 of the premiership ( Pearson hasnt ).

Apart from that, your right! What proof?

But that isn't necessarily going to happen is it? His track record is decent, but he's had longer in the managerial game than Pearson, who obviously still has things to learn. I honestly can't believe how many of you have been sucked into the hire and fire culture that surrounds football. What even will HR do if he comes here?! He hasn't got a transfer window until January, and would have the same players to work with - who are being accused of being disorganised...a new manager will cause more disruption.

I can't believe people can't see this.

Even if he takes us up then keeps us there?

Principles are more important than football for some people, the bloke is a crook and his actions at Portsmouth, along with the owners, have ruined a once great club. Morally, I will not support the club if he takes over and I will not support the owners if they think appointing him is right for our football club.

Sounds like half of you would have Ian Huntley in charge if we were promised a Champions League trophy.

Only that Redknapp has achieved promotion from the championship ( Pearson hasnt ), Redknapp has managed in the premiership ( Pearson hasn't ), Redknapp has won the FA cup ( Pearson hasn't ) and Redknapp has manage a team into the top 4 of the premiership ( Pearson hasnt ).

Apart from that, your right! What proof?

So how do managers get experience, and gain promotion if clubs only appoint tried and tested people? Pretty sure McDermott, Rodgers, Lambert and Adkins to name a few, in recent years have all gained promotion to the Prem for their first time.

Mourinho hadnt managed in the Prem before going to Chelsea, look how he did. Same can be said for numerous other managers going straight into the top league.

You're probably one of the people who loved Sven but he hadnt gained promotion before. I'd take NP's knowledge of the league over his every time. Just like Sven, going over a managers previous glory days are pointless in the fact its all meaningless, otherwise we'd just have to appoint these sort of managers rather than up and coming ones all the time.

Principles are more important than football for some people, the bloke is a crook and his actions at Portsmouth, along with the owners, have ruined a once great club. Morally, I will not support the club if he takes over and I will not support the owners if they think appointing him is right for our football club.

Sounds like half of you would have Ian Huntley in charge if we were promised a Champions League trophy.

What a strange thing to say.

No, they're all saying let's get Redknapp in. Or do you think NP and HK are going to form some kind of managerial dream team?

Again no one has said that. People have written that he would not be waiting for a club like us to come knocking and it is probably bullshit anyway but Redknapp is a quality manager.

So how do managers get experience, and gain promotion if clubs only appoint tried and tested people? Pretty sure McDermott, Rodgers, Lambert and Adkins to name a few, in recent years have all gained promotion to the Prem for their first time.

Mourinho hadnt managed in the Prem before going to Chelsea, look how he did. Same can be said for numerous other managers going straight into the top league.

You're probably one of the people who loved Sven but he hadnt gained promotion before. I'd take NP's knowledge of the league over his every time. Just like Sven, going over a managers previous glory days are pointless in the fact its all meaningless, otherwise we'd just have to appoint these sort of managers rather than up and coming ones all the time.

I already posted in another thread (I can't remember which) a comprehensive list of managers who got teams promoted in the last 5 years - out of 15, about three of them had PL experience - Allardyce, Warnock and McCarthy.

But try convincing people on here you don't need an experienced manager to achieve promotion from this league - you've got more chance of getting a blowjob from the pope.

It will never happen, but I'd be absolutely delighted if it did.

Although I couldn't believe we were being linked with Sven so fingers crossed!!!!!

Sorry NP, but you were never right for the return job in the first place and this has just been a waste of a year. You've shown vast improvements in media management and style of play and I'm slightly disappointed that you won't get a chance to complete that journey, but if you are sacked I'd be delighted with "Arry!!

the owners paid something like £1 million to get NP and his oppos in and it would cost a similar amount to get rid which would be insane . I doubt if NP would have left a safe job at Dull without proper guarantees-

I would be amazed if this happened but these sort of rumours often appear baseless and ridiculous and before you know where you are old Bagpuss is sitting behind the managers desk saying what a big job this is going to be how much he will need to spend and by the way did I give you the details of Rover's channel islands bank account .

the owners paid something like £1 million to get NP and his oppos in and it would cost a similar amount to get rid which would be insane . I doubt if NP would have left a safe job at Dull without proper guarantees-

I would be amazed if this happened but these sort of rumours often appear baseless and ridiculous and before you know where you are old Bagpuss is sitting behind the managers desk saying what a big job this is going to be how much he will need to spend and by the way did I give you the details of Rover's channel islands bank account .

The only proper guarantees that can ever be in place are the financial ones - it's cost us alot to get you in and it'll cost us alot to get you out - do you think we're going to do it on a whim??

That would be incredibly naive of NP if he thought like that he knew the risks and financial gains of coming here his target last season was to get us into the playoffs we failed in that respect.

That would be incredibly naive of NP if he thought like that he knew the risks and financial gains of coming here his target last season was to get us into the playoffs we failed in that respect.

He did make it very clear in his joining press conference that he was very aware of the expectations and pressure to achieve, and has done since too. Although the delusions of grandeur interview i think was him trying to pour a little water on those flaming expectations!

This, for me.

Take a bow son. My feelings exactly, the over-reaction on here must be viewed by somebody at the club. People need to learn we are Leicester City, not Manchester United. We cannot expect to roll teams over in this league.

Archived