Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BarnsleyFan

Jeffrey Schlupp, Leicester City u21's

Went to watch u21's at Oakwell training complex on Monday. From a Barnsley point of view it was just like every game they've played this season. Go in front play really good football but not defend well.

On Leicester it thought you played ok but played to win rather than develop. For your older players that would have been good but the younger ones not so. you were a little rough and a little direct at times.

Jeffrey Schlupp, he looked very good. Not sure if he scored but he looked sharp and very quick. got in behind the defence a lot and brought a couple of good saves from Luke Steele and maybe put it past him.

Also Waghorn, looked sharp and scored 3 good goals including a decent freekick. Not sure why he can'[t get in to your squad or even team.

Of course but i thought Leicester would have been looking to pass the ball around. People keep saying about English players not been able to pass the ball to each other and you can see why that is at development level. So many clubs don't and just play lump it balls and 10 boys behind the ball when defending. Middlesbrough and Sheffield Wednesday are horrible for it.

At Barnsley the club get the ballers to learn about passing the ball and technique from the u9's right through to u21 and to first team which you might have seen on Saturday night.

we do normally the academy is very good at it, but it IS a competition at the end of the day and we set out to win the game, especially with players like Schlupp and Waghorn needing to impress the manager for 1st team chances

so a barnsley fan watches one of our away games and knows exactly all about our u21's tactics and style of play and players ability ? you wont be at the kp saturday 2pm then for your next taste of our "lump" play ? no !! ? don't judge us on one game you've seen ,it just shows your lack of football knowledge ! our understudies can play the game , do your homework or dont bother commenting . i'm basically saying "stop talking shit" !

Went to watch u21's at Oakwell training complex on Monday. From a Barnsley point of view it was just like every game they've played this season. Go in front play really good football but not defend well.

On Leicester it thought you played ok but played to win rather than develop. For your older players that would have been good but the younger ones not so. you were a little rough and a little direct at times.

Jeffrey Schlupp, he looked very good. Not sure if he scored but he looked sharp and very quick. got in behind the defence a lot and brought a couple of good saves from Luke Steele and maybe put it past him.

Also Waghorn, looked sharp and scored 3 good goals including a decent freekick. Not sure why he can'[t get in to your squad or even team.

Waghorn is in the squad.

Of course but i thought Leicester would have been looking to pass the ball around. People keep saying about English players not been able to pass the ball to each other and you can see why that is at development level. So many clubs don't and just play lump it balls and 10 boys behind the ball when defending. Middlesbrough and Sheffield Wednesday are horrible for it.

At Barnsley the club get the ballers to learn about passing the ball and technique from the u9's right through to u21 and to first team which you might have seen on Saturday night.

Seems to have worked very well for you, what a great club you are, an inspiration and idle for other clubs around, lets follow this great example and all be more like barnsley

Not sure why this guy is getting a slagging. Our academy side have often played rough, physical and long ball stuff over the past few years and it wouldn't surprise me if the under 21 side did it too.

The academy have been successful at that level playing that way but we haven't seen huge numbers of players coming through into the first team. Seems like a valid point to me.

Not sure why this guy is getting a slagging. Our academy side have often played rough, physical and long ball stuff over the past few years and it wouldn't surprise me if the under 21 side did it too.

The academy have been successful at that level playing that way but we haven't seen huge numbers of players coming through into the first team. Seems like a valid point to me.

Agreed. People on this forum are idiots nowadays

Absolutely. Great post.

Barnselona's academy is world-famous to be fair.

Not sure why i'm getting criticised though to be honest. I've praised a couple of your players. I've praised someone who seemed very good to me.

If you want to start slagging me off thats fine.

I'm not saying all you play, i'm saying in one game you did play.

I'm of the opinion that young players should be told to play football. If you watch Barnsley play at that level you will see that they play passing football.

tbf you've a cracking player in Jeff Schlupp.

Not sure why i'm getting criticised though to be honest. I've praised a couple of your players. I've praised someone who seemed very good to me.

I'm of the opinion that young players should be told to play football. If you watch Barnsley play at that level you will see that they play passing football.

Passing football looks good but doesn't always win you games ie this result. Thanks for the input tho and good win for you guys against b'ham

Sorry about the morons. Most opposing fans that post anything that isn't "Leicester is the best team ever, and you'll get promoted this season blah blah" get hounded out.

Cheers for the update anyway, suprised to hear Waghorn scored a free-kick.

Agreed.

It's ok Charl91.

IF you do play that 4231/433 get that Schlupp on wing and he'll rip teams apart.

He's looked a good prospect up front for the last couple of years but we seem to be trying to turn him into a left back, where he's shown some promise.

I do agree he'll make a good winger as long as he's played on the left.

that in youth games?

Barnsley managers doing it with RNL and he says its to learn him about defending and working with the team.....

Friendlies mainly, and he came off the bench against Blackpool and played there. He did play up front against Burton but he's played a significant amount at left back. His chances up front have been limited.

This 100%.

Youngsters are coached so wrong in this country it's absolutely laughable and no wonder England are falling behind countries like even Russia & Croatia (which would've been laughed off 10/15 years back).

It is a competition but why do we take it at all seriously results wise? It's about as un-competitive as something that's apparently competitive can be and I think in the long term we'd have been better off for it.

I think people in this country have got to wake up. It's actually quite shocking how far behind the rest of Europe we are in terms of technique and style of football, we've got to start learning from these countries rather than saying "oh well it's the Germans, fvck them" and "can't be doing with tippy tappy bollocks".

It's a shame really because I think the passion/interest for football in England is as big as anywhere in the world and we have severe potential, we just don't come at all close to meeting it.

Archived