Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BstarFox

Confident

I really am confident we will go up this season, i feel we have everything in a sqaud that gets promoted year after year.

Strikers who are BOTH scoring goals in Nugent and Vardy

An excellent playmaker in are own Knockaert can provide killer passes and crosses he must have about 6 assists or more.

a midfielder who can keep possesion and play the ball around with drinkwater, also a goalscoring midfielder in king.

2 solid fall backs who are solid in defense and very supportive in the attack

One of the best keepers in this league if not the best

2 cbs in Ledger and Morgan who are forming a good performance and a leader in morgan

and above all we have such good depth in the squad and a very good bench with players like whitbread, James/King, Waghorn, Dyer and futacs

These are many reasons that i feel we could achieve auto's!

Bring on the hudders

COYB

I really am confident we will go up this season, i feel we have everything in a sqaud that gets promoted year after year.

Strikers who are BOTH scoring goals in Nugent and Vardy

An excellent playmaker in are own Knockaert can provide killer passes and crosses he must have about 6 assists or more.

a midfielder who can keep possesion and play the ball around with drinkwater, also a goalscoring midfielder in king.

2 solid fall backs who are solid in defense and very supportive in the attack

One of the best keepers in this league if not the best

2 cbs in Ledger and Morgan who are forming a good performance and a leader in morgan

and above all we have such good depth in the squad and a very good bench with players like whitbread, James/King, Waghorn, Dyer and futacs

These are many reasons that i feel we could achieve auto's!

Bring on the hudders

COYB

I agree we have a decent starting 11 but you are assuming we are gonna go through the season with no injuries to our defence or forwards. Or that none of them are gonna lose form. Granted we have Waghorn and Futacs as back up for the forwards but how many goals do they have in them?

What really concerns me is the lack of cover in defence. That's why I'm not entirely convinced NP is the man for the job tactically, I think he may have made a big error in not having enough defensive cover and letting Beckford go to a team that may become a rival for one of the top 6 spots

Can I just say to people in general... calm down.

Everything said in the OP (with possibly a little more moderation) was true and becoming evident a few games back. We were playing well but losing and now it's coming together. But we will lose games again, maybe even two or three in a row and people will say how crap everyone is.

I agree we have a decent starting 11 but you are assuming we are gonna go through the season with no injuries to our defence or forwards. Or that none of them are gonna lose form. Granted we have Waghorn and Futacs as back up for the forwards but how many goals do they have in them?

What really concerns me is the lack of cover in defence. That's why I'm not entirely convinced NP is the man for the job tactically, I think he may have made a big error in not having enough defensive cover and letting Beckford go to a team that may become a rival for one of the top 6 spots

I worry what would happen if and when Knockaert gets injured. At the moment he's the difference and were he to get injured I'm not sure we have anyone who can perform such a role.

I have remained confident since NP has started his clearout and rebuild job, however i agree totally with Trav that we have to temper the joy of improved performances and 3 straight wins with the reality there will be blips. When they occur that is the time to get behind the boys even more than just when we're winning :chant:

Woah it's just three wins, things are positive now but things can change so quickly. When we played Smackpool their fans I spoke to were convinced they were Brazil and would win the league. So were the Hull fans when they rocked up.

At this stage a couple of wins or losses can shoot you up or down the table. If we're still one point off top after 20 games I might start to get a bit more excited over our long term. At the moment I'm just enjoying the short term turn around.

Woah it's just three wins, things are positive now but things can change so quickly. When we played Smackpool their fans I spoke to were convinced they were Brazil and would win the league. So were the Hull fans when they rocked up.

At this stage a couple of wins or losses can shoot you up or down the table. If we're still one point off top after 20 games I might start to get a bit more excited over our long term. At the moment I'm just enjoying the short term turn around.

Exactly, shows how good we are. We've ruined them both! ;):ph34r:

I predicted 7th pre season and will stick with that.

I'm fully behind Pearson and believe he is doing good things at City.

But I fear we don't have enough quality in depth and I wouldn't be surprised if the young uns don't have a dip in form. At this age they usually do (eg. Marshall, James, Knocky).

I still maintain its crucial to keep Pearson because I think we'll be a really good side next season if we do. The young lads would be a year older, stronger and have more experience of lots of first team football.

Given the mess Sven left us in, promotion this campaign would be nothing short of a bloody marvel.

Id love to be proven wrong, I often am wrong, but I think this year we will fall just slightly short.

I still maintain that if we had gone out and signed just a couple of really good, proven players at this level, we may have had a really good shout this season. But we'll see I guess.

I predicted 7th pre season and will stick with that.

I'm fully behind Pearson and believe he is doing good things at City.

But I fear we don't have enough quality in depth and I wouldn't be surprised if the young uns don't have a dip in form. At this age they usually do (eg. Marshall, James, Knocky).

I still maintain its crucial to keep Pearson because I think we'll be a really good side next season if we do. The young lads would be a year older, stronger and have more experience of lots of first team football.

Given the mess Sven left us in, promotion this campaign would be nothing short of a bloody marvel.

Id love to be proven wrong, I often am wrong, but I think this year we will fall just slightly short.

I still maintain that if we had gone out and signed just a couple of really good, proven players at this level, we may have had a really good shout this season. But we'll see I guess.

This. But I still think we have a great chance to do something this season, never mind next. I think we will make the play offs, and then who knows what can happen.

I don't think we'll hold on to Knocky in January.

well if we dont we will be getting a handsome fee so its a win, win situation i dont want to be too over optomistic about the lad but he really dos remind me of Ronaldo when he was at porto, i know we are leicester city but this lad will be playing for man city in two-three seasons time, i think he could be that good but if he leaves we want 10 million with sell on clause

I am confident, as I have been since seeing us play at Charlton, that this is the most exciting team I have seen in the royal blue for a decade.

Will we get promoted this season? God only knows, but in every league game so far we have fought to the death in every game winning losing or drawing, we have not rolled over and let anyone dictate the game nor given up in the face of adversity. That is all that matters to me that, win lose or draw, this team make me proud to be a Leicester fan.

Last time he was here, Nigel built us a good team (sadly got taken apart), but it was a team that was consistent and hardworking throughout two seasons. I believe he is creating this again; we have a decent team now full of young, hardworking players that seem like they want to achieve. Pearson has got rid of the poorer players; the likes of Mills, Bamba, Gallagher (etc) and I am quietly/slowly confident again. Our home form is excellent like before, we just need to improve away from home, but if we can win at the Riverside Stadium then we can win at every ground in the League.

It's a long season and we have no strength in any depth when the injuries come.

We may well be there or there abouts - team spirit and a winning mentality will be key and we are definitely starting to see a turn.

It's one of those Leagues where you blink and we'll be 14th but win a few on the bounce and top two is a real possibility.

So we'll see.

I've tried to write the above so ambiguously Col City could have written it. Whatever happens they'll be an 'I told you so' in there....... :ph34r:

It's a long season and we have no strength in any depth when the injuries come.

We may well be there or there abouts - team spirit and a winning mentality will be key and we are definitely starting to see a turn.

It's one of those Leagues where you blink and we'll be 14th but win a few on the bounce and top two is a real possibility.

So we'll see.

I've tried to write the above so ambiguously Col City could have written it. Whatever happens they'll be an 'I told you so' in there....... :ph34r:

Is 7th ambiguous?

Read the thread through and don't waste the forum's time with your petty vendetta.

:thumbup:

Archived