Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Vardy

Vardy's far more valuable teamwise than Matty Fryatt will ever be...and for a whole stack of reasons. Every striker misses "easy" chances. He's scoring some, making some and doing a whole lot of other work in a team that's doing us proud. Give the bloke some slack.

exactly!

Perfect replacement for the Beckford lovers then and half the price

lol

lets get the lazy beckford back , he was great last season ..............t***t

You're probably right

We're crying out for someone not to score in 80% of games they play in & not really help the team much either... that's exactly what we've been missing.

Hope we can recall him

not got a problem with the lad..

But when we are gunning for automatic spot, one of our main strikers used to play in conference last year.

He still isn't proven at this level. This season i would of liked to of got Waghorn of the books and used Vardy as a sub to get him used to the league.

WHo do we blame? Beckford....Pearson??

But when we are gunning for automatic spot, one of our main strikers used to play in conference last year.

He still isn't proven at this level. This season i would of liked to of got Waghorn of the books and used Vardy as a sub to get him used to the league.

WHo do we blame? Beckford....Pearson??

Drop Vardy, recall and play Beckford..yeah?

But when we are gunning for automatic spot, one of our main strikers won the conference last year, in a team of conference players and stood out markably.

He started pretty well. This season I would of liked to of got a striker or two of the books and played Vardy to get him used to the league.

Why are we blaming anyone?

Fixed :thumbup:

:P

Not launching a crusade, just having my opinion.

What does Vardy offer to the team? I cannot for the life of me see it.

His positioning is pretty poor, he is too close to Nugent 90% of the time, leaving the midfield and flankers with little options.

I know we're creating bags of chances but we could probably make more if he was clever in his positioning and definetly more clinical in front of goal.

The amount of chances he misses is incredible.

When he should shoot he passes.

We played better when he went off on Saturday.

Be interesting to see who agrees with me?

His positioning is pretty poor, he is too close to Nugent 90% of the time, leaving the midfield and flankers with little options.

I know we're creating bags of chances but we could probably make more if he was clever in his positioning and definetly more clinical in front of goal.

He's scored 4 and provided the assist for Nugent's goal on Saturday.

His movement off the ball is very good from what I've seen and is playing a part in good team performances.

Shut up and save your whinging for when we're having a mare.

pretty much disagree. surely you want your strikers near each other working as a partnership. think his positioning and movement is pretty good to be honest. Seems to make good runs off the ball. The only part i agree with you is his finishing, but at least he is getting there to miss the chances.

What does he offer? He offered a lovely through ball to Nugent for the first goal on Saturday, good pace to get in behind defences.

And an excellent ability to fall over in the box.

He does miss a lot of chances, and his first touch is quite poor, but he's still learning at this level, and has still scored 3 goals.

Jury's still out.

Vardy still needs to work on his touch and positioning, but his contribution in terms of goals and assists has been reasonable during the first two months of the season.

For the time being, we should give him the benefit of the doubt, as the manager did with Nugent when he was going through tough times a few weeks back.

I don't want people to still be learning.

We need players who can do the business now.

Vardy is 25/26 years old. He should have learnt his trade by now and holding the other strikers hand is not part of that.

He won't get above 10 league goals imo and being subbed 5 mins after half time on Sat had nothing to do with being tired, he's rubbish and Pearson knows it.

Guest MattP

Vardy is 25/26 years old. He should have learnt his trade by now and holding the other strikers hand is not part of that.

He won't get above 10 league goals imo and being subbed 5 mins after half time on Sat had nothing to do with being tired, he's rubbish and Pearson knows it.

He's stepped up three divisions, age has little to do with it, he'll be on a learning curve for a while.

Put it this way, we're second and we have passengers in the side, how good will we be after we have settled down and learnt to play with each other.

Vardy doesnt look brilliant but his workrate is creating chances for others.

Im going to agree on one thing- they do seem to occupy the same space at times.Nug is quite capable if tying up the 2 centre backs on his own.he works really hard and gets into scoring positions.saturday he looked cream crackered.I would reserve judgement till Xmas.

I feel that Vardy is doing pretty well all things considered, the step up is huge but he has a few goals and assists works hard for the team, nothing to criticise really.

The one issue I do have is that he and Nugent play in a very similar manner and often in the same areas.

If we are going to play both then I think they need to play slightly differing roles, Vardy attacking the box from wide left positions for example..... :thumbup:

Alright Micky Adams.

Drinkwater, Marshall, Knockaert, De Laet, Moore, James are all learning should we not use them as well.

Archived