Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Vardy

Love the reactions of some people on here. If we are winning or playing quite well then everyone is immune to any criticisms or suggestions for improvements and if we are playing bad everyone is shit..

I think Collymore has a valid point, the lad seems to be missing some fairly easy chances. Personally I just hope its an adjustment phase and he starts banging them in but what if it isn't and some of these misses do end up costing us?

He has scored 3 goals already this season, I mean come on some people were still claiming Beckford would get us 20 goals a season a couple of months ago. Vardy is on course to beat his tally easily.

Is he? Can't see Vardy getting 15 personally.

sadly I agree, I don't think he's good enough for us. (although since Im feeling optimistic tonight at least he tries hard, and to be fair he might come good - it has to take time to adapt to the quick closing down and quicker pace to the games in the champo.... )

Is he? Can't see Vardy getting 15 personally.

Really don't think you can make an objective comparison by including cup games. After all, we could play against a PL team and get knocked out first round, whereas JB got 5 goals against a lower league team and a Forest side in disarray.

As much as you won't agree, league goals will be the only fair way to make a comparison.

He is still learning the requirements of this division if he gets 10 league goals that would be a good return for the lad, if we want to push the boat in the January transfer market than Charlie Austin would be well worth ago.

He's got a decent first touch for a player that came from non league and his movement is very good. It takes some skill to get in the right positions and other players might not be able to get there to miss in the first place.

However, it does look like he always needs an that extra second at the moment that he won't get at this level.

The jury is out and it is early days, but he's done enough to ensure that Beckford still does not look like a stand out candidate to replace him.

Vardy's far more valuable teamwise than Matty Fryatt will ever be...and for a whole stack of reasons. Every striker misses "easy" chances. He's scoring some, making some and doing a whole lot of other work in a team that's doing us proud. Give the bloke some slack.

Archived