Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Father Ted

Situation...

70 members have voted

1. 1. King Power or Welford Road?

• King Power Stadium
    • Welford Road

I was thinking about this the other day when it was announced that the KP was chosen ahead of Tigers' ground to be Leicester's representation possibly for the Rugby World Cup.

So, say if a 'ground swap' was proposed, how would you feel? I know this is 99.9% unlikely to happen but it's an interesting scenario, we could make some noise at Welford Road in a proper old fashioned ground but would it feel like home?

Just a bit of fun... discuss.

KP, Welford Road's a decent little ground, but I couldn't imagine us playing football there.

One of the things I love about Welford Road is staying behind after and having a few beers, and I'm guessing we wouldn't be able to do that if we played there.

The ideal scenario would be we get into the Premier League and have a successful few years there, then we improve the KP with significant changes around the ground, which would also increase the capacity. Of course also in an ideal world ticket prices would be such that we could get 35k+ on a regular basis.

But right now I'd be very happy if we played at Welford Road, it's a much nicer ground and the capacity would be perfect for this level. I'm actually not keen on the proposed redevelopment on it though, looks like they're trying to make it look really modern by joining the roof the whole way around whereas as now it's a great looking old-fashioned ground. The caterpillar stand is gorgeous.

By the time they made it all seater and imposed the same strict match day criteria I doubt there'd be much difference in the atmosphere.

The KP stadium itself is not a problem that's been proved on a few too rare occasions what we needs is:

A sustained period of success

Safe standing area

Unreserved buy ticket on the day section in the safe standing and seating area.

A more equable pricing structure that is inclusive of all age groups

A simpler more equable pricing of sections of the stadium

A decent membership schem that rewards regualar attendee that can't justify a ST

One match one price none of this platinum rubbish

Well that'll do for a start.

King Power.

Welford Road should remain a stadium used for rugby.

King Power should remain a stadium used for football.

Bit unlucky and unfortunate that the stadium of one of the world's best rugby clubs can't host the sport on its biggest stage.

I've never stepped foot in Welford Road and I don't intend to. I'd rather we stayed in the football stadium thanks and I wish they'd stop playing Rugby at the KP.

Why? How does it affect anything in your tiny world?

Why? How does it affect anything in your tiny world?

They've got a perfectly good ground designed for Rugby matches, and when we've played shortly after a Rugby match (Like Leeds in League One for example) they've messed the pitch up. I mean clearly I'm biased in that I don't like rugby at all, but I'd rather they just played at Welford Road and maybe if we didn't let them use the King Power whenever they have a big game they'd make more of an effort to sort their own ground out.

By the time they made it all seater and imposed the same strict match day criteria I doubt there'd be much difference in the atmosphere.

The KP stadium itself is not a problem that's been proved on a few too rare occasions what we needs is:

A sustained period of success

Safe standing area

Unreserved buy ticket on the day section in the safe standing and seating area.

A more equable pricing structure that is inclusive of all age groups

A simpler more equable pricing of sections of the stadium

A decent membership schem that rewards regualar attendee that can't justify a ST

One match one price none of this platinum rubbish

Well that'll do for a start.

This.

Unfortunately at least 4 of these will never happen.

Obviously everyone knows I'm a big rugby fan and I don't have the same degree of Tigers hate that a lot of you do but I still voted KP.

Welford Road is a nice enough ground but it's a rugby ground and feels like a rugby ground, it isn't an "old style stadium" in the sense that Filbert Street was. It's far too open, the two newer stands aren't particularly fantastic and even the terrace is too open air to really hold in any noise.

They've got a perfectly good ground designed for Rugby matches, and when we've played shortly after a Rugby match (Like Leeds in League One for example) they've messed the pitch up. I mean clearly I'm biased in that I don't like rugby at all, but I'd rather they just played at Welford Road and maybe if we didn't let them use the King Power whenever they have a big game they'd make more of an effort to sort their own ground out.

The pitch hasn't been messed up since. They use ours because they can get higher attendances. Nobody loses out. At all. They can't expand their own ground any more because it's not financially viable as they just don't get these attendances for regular league game. It's great that we as a club help our counterparts in another sport, I'd hope that they'd return the favour.

If there was a problem I'm sure Pearson would set it straight in no time. There is absolutely no skin off yours or LCFC's noses here. You're just another clown who for some reason has a vendetta against another sport (can't understand that btw, people don't like it, I get it, but to hate it so pettily is just childish).

Welford Road is an awful location to have any kind of stadium. I thought we should have done a ground share before we built the KP and Tigers started on theirs.

Hopefully we will be in the Premier League by 2015 and the capacity will be hitting 40k, I would welcome the use of the Leicester City Stadium for other sporting events be it Rugby, Boxing ect.

Archived