Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
K1FOX

Selling Out At Birmingham

Still sounds like an excuse and a reason to blame the 'extra' fans.

There's no blame game here from me, there are fans that want to sing and there are fans that don't. If you've got a high percentage of people who don't want to sing the atmosphere will be worse. That isn't slating anyone that's just how it is.

Sometimes our 'regulars' just aren't up for it, that goes for at home as well.

As for this 'regulars' and 'extras' thing, I don't believe our most hardcore followers are necessarily our hardcore vocal support. We're supported by a lot of older fans and quite a high percentage of those aren't interested in standing up and singing (though I'm aware that is not the case for all of them). On the other hand I'd be considered an extra because in the last few seasons I've only been to about 5 away games a year, but when I do I always want to stand and sing.

There's no blame game here from me, there are fans that want to sing and there are fans that don't. If you've got a high percentage of people who don't want to sing the atmosphere will be worse. That isn't slating anyone that's just how it is.

As for this 'regulars' and 'extras' thing, I don't believe our most hardcore followers are necessarily our hardcore vocal support. We're supported by a lot of older fans and quite a high percentage of those aren't interested in standing up and singing (though I'm aware that is not the case for all of them). On the other hand I'd be considered an extra because in the last few seasons I've only been to about 5 away games a year, but when I do I always want to stand and sing.

The use of regulars extras and other general terms were used to simplify my points hence why they were in "".

The original intimation was that the 'extras' were the reason that the atmosphere was poorer with bigger crowds, but if the regulars as in the singers were all still present then the number singing will be the same. I accept that spread over a larger area the sound might dissipate a little but that is not the fault of the 'extras' and should not result in some people wishing they weren't there or didn't bother to go.

For people to say they don't sing because there's some fans next to them not singing is just an excuse.

Chelsea was bad though, full of people who went for the day out and really just went to sit queit all day and then moan at others for shouting whatever out.

I thought the atmosphere was excellent at Chelsea, maybe that's down to where I was but I thought our fans were sang loud and frequently right from the start. Everyone there would've been a ST holder too as sales didn't get past priority three so I don't agree when you say it was "full of people who went for the day out" as at least half of the following must have been Priority ones and twos. Plus a load more passionate priority threes in there as well.

I thought the atmosphere was excellent at Chelsea, maybe that's down to where I was but I thought our fans were sang loud and frequently right from the start. Everyone there would've been a ST holder too as sales didn't get past priority three so I don't agree when you say it was "full of people who went for the day out" as at least half of the following must have been Priority ones and twos. Plus a load more passionate priority threes in there as well.

Maybe I was in a poor place for atmosphere fairly near the front, but it wasnt great around me.

I know most people who went were season ticket holders but that doesnt mean they go to more than two or three aways a year. There are only about 1500-1800 total of pri 1s and 2s.

Maybe I was in a poor place for atmosphere fairly near the front, but it wasnt great around me.

I know most people who went were season ticket holders but that doesnt mean they go to more than two or three aways a year. There are only about 1500-1800 total of pri 1s and 2s.

I thought it died down a bit as we started letting in goals and I must admit it was rather quiet at 3-0, I was on the far left of the top tier, maybe being nearer to the home fans helped my area out a bit.

The use of regulars extras and other general terms were used to simplify my points hence why they were in "".

The original intimation was that the 'extras' were the reason that the atmosphere was poorer with bigger crowds, but if the regulars as in the singers were all still present then the number singing will be the same. I accept that spread over a larger area the sound might dissipate a little but that is not the fault of the 'extras' and should not result in some people wishing they weren't there or didn't bother to go.

For people to say they don't sing because there's some fans next to them not singing is just an excuse.

But the atmosphere isn't created by a few individuals singing. I'd suggest there aren't many fans who actually start singing songs, a lot want to know that a large amount are going to partake before they start singing. Of course it doesn't physically stop you singing but it's discouraging if people around you aren't doing the same.

My point is the atmosphere will obviously be better if there a number of singers all in one area, just as at home, rather than them being broken up by people who don't want to sing. As you say it might dissipate it but I'd argue a lot, not a little.

I don't think the problem is the non-singers attending, I think it's more the fact that a lot of them decide to sit higher up even when they've got a choice, I've heard this was the case at Huddersfield.

I am an OAP but away followers should realise that the home side gets all the proceeds so if you go and sit quiet all the game you re in fact supporting the home side as the only contribution you have made is paying which does not benfit Leicester at all I often wonder why this point never seems to be made

I don't sing because, literally, if I shout or sing for more than a minute, I lose my voice. Is it alright with you if I clap and mime? I'm very convincing you know. I could also commit to some mindless gesticulation towards the home fans if that'd make a difference too........

You don't sing! GET OUT NOW :@

I wonder when people will fall off the bandwagon..

Meaning what exactly Maybes? There's nothing like a great away support whatever the mix of followers or circumstance IMO, momentum and good results will always encourage that, so I see it as a good thing :chant:

So there is no chance of getting anymore tickets? the max they can allocate is 4200!

I was told today that I can have Saturday off work and wanted to go down but it's all sold out online!

Looking at the tickets section on the Brum website we've had 5 blocks of the Gil Merrick Lower which is the max an away team in the league can have. Brum fans have already have tickets in block 6

So there is no chance of getting anymore tickets? the max they can allocate is 4200!

I was told today that I can have Saturday off work and wanted to go down but it's all sold out online!

So ring up then.

Beggars belief how many people rely on the net only. I wouldn't trust the site one bit either

So ring up then.

Beggars belief how many people rely on the net only. I wouldn't trust the site one bit either

I did, no chance of me getting tickets, unless I sit in home side. though I like doing that just to hear what their fans have to say about our team and to talk football with the opposition fans in general.

I did, no chance of me getting tickets, unless I sit in home side. though I like doing that just to hear what their fans have to say about our team and to talk football with the opposition fans in general.

Well when I got mine this morning they had 400+ left! Can't see them all being gone

Fair enough. Keep trying there are bound to be a return or 3. I won't believe anything until the OS says and even then they usually have spares. Tell em youve been on holiday last week n had no way of getting one. It works trust me

I work saturdays 9-5 and sundays 10:30-4:30 so don't get many chances to go games, but so far this season I have been to 4 league games, I do my best :)

i work shifts, so similar to yourself buddy, i get to games when i can - been to Burton (home), Middlesborough (away), Burnley (home) and Bristol City (home) so far this season but i am working re the Brum game so obviously cant go sadly

Archived