Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
K1FOX

Selling Out At Birmingham

Hopefully Cross Country trains will read up on the amount of fans travelling to the game and make the necessary increase of carriages between Birmingham and Leicester.

Can't see it though, going to be overcrowded.

Or do what they did last year and decide to shut the line when we played them. Nothing short of laughable that was, had to go to Leicester then change at Derby.

Birmingham ought to give us 4,500. I often think Leicester should do the same with someone like Leeds.

Or do what they did last year and decide to shut the line when we played them. Nothing short of laughable that was, had to go to Leicester then change at Derby.

Birmingham ought to give us 4,500. I often think Leicester should do the same with someone like Leeds.

When Peterborough visited us in 2008 it was packed, but then a quick glance at forums and official sites would tell you that a large following is expected and that a significant amount of fans would travel by train.

It'll be the same next week, thousands of fans travelling and three carriages put on.

I don't understand why the ticket office can't split the allocation and say to customers'Where would you prefer to sit, front half or back half - please be aware seating towards the back may have limited views due to people standing'

I don't understand why the ticket office can't split the allocation and say to customers'Where would you prefer to sit, front half or back half - please be aware seating towards the back may have limited views due to people standing'

I asked the guy for tickets nearer the back and he was quite happy to sell me seats nearer the top, if you don't ask it's just random when it comes to where you'll be.

I agree that the club should make people aware of standing and try to encourage those who do want to sit to buy tickets towards the front - otherwise you have problems and the people who want to sit will almost always lose out.

lol Football clubs using logic?! I've heard it all now! lol

That wasn't just for that day. They had engineering works on that line every Sunday for quite a while.

Not too bothered about the train there but the train back will be murder.

There are a lot of fans who go to the closer games to improve their priority but they do nothing for the atmosphere, one of them is usually Cov, I hope this isn't the case at Brum as we need to be loud.

Fair point that, Birmingham if anything is easier to get to than Cov as well for non-drivers.

Think we'll have a good end at this, if we don't I really do despair. Been extremely unimpressed with our away support this year (although it's picked up a bit in the last two) but I think this and Watford could be quality. We tend to be good at Watford.

That wasn't just for that day. They had engineering works on that line every Sunday for quite a while.

Not too bothered about the train there but the train back will be murder.

Didn't realise that. Still a joke regardless.

There are a lot of fans who go to the closer games to improve their priority but they do nothing for the atmosphere, one of them is usually Cov, I hope this isn't the case at Brum as we need to be loud.

I just don't get this point surely if the 'regular' awayers are there amongst the extra 'casual' awayers it should have no negative affect on the noise/atmosphere, are you saying that the regulars don't sing because there's more fans there?

Sure they'll be casuals mixed in amongst the regulars but that shouldn't prevent them from making the same noise in fact it should encourage some casuals to join in. I'm a casual awayer and I always join in the singing.

It seems to have become an excuse 'Oh I can't sing with all these casuals here spoiling my fun'.

I just don't get this point surely if the 'regular' awayers are there amongst the extra 'casual' awayers it should have no negative affect on the noise/atmosphere, are you saying that the regulars don't sing because there's more fans there?

Sure they'll be casuals mixed in amongst the regulars but that shouldn't prevent them from making the same noise in fact it should encourage some casuals to join in. I'm a casual awayer and I always join in the singing.

It seems to have become an excuse 'Oh I can't sing with all these casuals here spoiling my fun'.

I do think having fewer fans there means the ones present have to pull their finger out, (Norwich) compared that to the 8k we took to forest, where 1. We're too spread out and 2. Fans expected other fans to lead the songs.

I do think having fewer fans there means the ones present have to pull their finger out, (Norwich) compared that to the 8k we took to forest, where 1. We're too spread out and 2. Fans expected other fans to lead the songs.

I'm sorry but that is the kind of excuse I'm talking about, surely it should have no negative affect on the regulars. If there's less singing blame those regulars rather than the casuals.

Poor excuse or not mate I think thats the reason why though I tend to blame both kinds of fans

"Blame the fans", Christ, yet another way that moden football is crap.

All this 'organised' singing and chanting is rubbish, a feeble attempt by a few hundred fans to generate 'atmosphere' in a half empty stadium.

Real atmosphere was 30k plus in Filbert St, pre segregation, pre 'pens', when everyone was on the terraces (no concourses then) moving about, chatting to mates, having a laugh. Barely any chanting or singing, the Kop would be barely audible for most of the game, unless you were in the middle of it, yet the atmosphere was electric, quite incredible on occasions.

Just a load of fans genuinely excited to be at the game, for a couple of hours nothing else mattered, you simply lived and breathed football, no need to get drunk or abuse the opposition, the game was more than enough!...... :thumbup:

Archived