Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Who would you prefer to Partner Nugent up front?

Nuge's strike Partner  

220 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you go for?

Vardy is quality. Although hes missed a few chances, his work rate is 2nd to none. Also hes scored big important goals in tough games(Boro and Blackburn away both equalisers in tough away games) Burnley at home got us ahead as well. So he definetly is and has been an important player in our current position as far.

I can't believe some fans still want a loaned in striker. Top of the league and have scored in every game this season. We've got plenty of cover.

How many points have we dropped because our finishing has been woeful.......3 against Blackburn,1 against Wolves,1against Charlton,2 against Birmingham......we could be miles clear at the top..I would give it to January if we are still missing lots of chances we have to be looking to bring some one in.

Just if we still had the yak! But on a serious note if the owners see that where still in the automatic spots come jan then I reckon they will give him more to spend! So I can see Gallagher moving and us signing a winger and a striker so I want Charlie Austin to partner either Vardy or Nugent in January!

How many points have we dropped because our finishing has been woeful.......3 against Blackburn,1 against Wolves,1against Charlton,2 against Birmingham......we could be miles clear at the top..I would give it to January if we are still missing lots of chances we have to be looking to bring some one in.

Yeh but how many points have we gained from bieng clinical/lucky? Boro was a very lucky 3 points, took our chances. Burnley we didnt create much, finished the chances. we could of have 5/6 points less from those 2 games tbh. 1-0 down we could of had a point less vs Birmingham, bailed out with a quality strike. We were lucky to beat Blackpool as well, at least 2 points gained.

It works both ways tbh. if we go threw season heres my opinion:

Peterboro: Win = About right, deserved solid but not spectacular.

Charlton: Loss = We created alot probably could of won but silly defencive errors were the costly errors. Probably 1 point lost.

Blackburn: Loss = We played very well, great chances..should of won or at least drew, Vardy scored a perfectly good goal. 3 Points lost.

Blackpool: Win = Alright against a team doing brilliantly at the time. Lucky to win gifted pen/they created chances, hit post. 2 points gained IMO draw was more fair.

-- International break we had 6 points(IMO we should of been on 8)

Wolves: Loss = Really poor defencivly but always looked dangerous, Konchesky got us back into it and other than waghorns shot we didnt really look like scoring. 1 point lost Id say, we probably should of got a draw.

Burnley: Win = Not great, quite flat tbh. 1-0 down at half time I feared for the season a little but we did just enough to win. A good 3 points and could easily have gone the other way. Maybe 2 points gained.

Hull: Win = First sign IMO that we have a good squad and a good chance of doing something. Could have dropped 2 points with Knocky clearing off the line but would of been unjust.

Boro: Win = The sign that we can win when not dominating a game. Bit lucky could easily of lost, a draw would of been great, even greater at 1-0 down so to win with a lucky Dyer effort, was most certainly 2 points gained!

Huddersfield: Win = Good win, comfertable decent performance, Knocky taking the plaudits.

Bristol: Win = Very convicing display - Outplayed them IMO.

--- 2nd place 21 points. IMO 20 points would of been about right so if anything we were slightly lucky to be 21.

After Brummy could be possible a bit disapointed over the season to not be on 23-25 points but really 22 is pretty fair and top of the league we cant complain! Brighton Home is the type of game we'll then go and lose and people will come out and slate how we are going to be mid table blah blah. I so want to win this 1 because like I said in the other thread its always when a good run finishes, the very next game its rare for then to go and win and start another run. If we do that Id get excited.

Fair comment Deano...... :thumbup:

We have come on fantastically well this season and I am hugely impressed with what NFP has achieved in just 11 games, but any suggestion that it is good enough because we are, at this time, top of the league is sheer nonsense.

There is not one aspect of our game that doen't need improving, every area needs to be worked on, from Schmeichel's distribution to our finishing and pretty much everything in between.

NFP has a fantastic opportunity to build a team that brings all that is good about modern football to the table but to do so his first move has to be dumping the rigidity imposed by playing with two up and forcing our most creative players into wide positions.

This near obsession with two men up and men wide is pointless, Vardy and Nugent are too similar to be really effective and keeping Marshall and sometimes Knockaert on the wing when none of our regular forwards are any good at attacking crosses is just perverse.

I am getting the distinct impression that MD does not favour a 4-4-2.

Agree though in general but for me its all about flexibilty and variation during the game.Got to mix things up.If Knocky goes out to the wing its got to be to pull players about and then switch back inside to link up close to the striker ,let the full back come on.

Looking forward to tomorrow night,

Yeh but how many points have we gained from bieng clinical/lucky? Boro was a very lucky 3 points, took our chances. Burnley we didnt create much, finished the chances. we could of have 5/6 points less from those 2 games tbh. 1-0 down we could of had a point less vs Birmingham, bailed out with a quality strike. We were lucky to beat Blackpool as well, at least 2 points gained.

It works both ways tbh.

I agree, our bad luck at the start of the season has been cancelled out by good fortune in more recent games. We are where we deserve to be with a points total that fits our level of performance this season.

Am I one of the only ones who, in Vardy's absence, would like to see Schlupp given a real go in the team?

This kid has always impressed me. He's very quick and, given the right chances, may well prove to be a useful striker for the club.

We're top of the league, so I trust Nige, but I do wonder when Schlupp may be given a real go.

Am I one of the only ones who, in Vardy's absence, would like to see Schlupp given a real go in the team?

This kid has always impressed me. He's very quick and, given the right chances, may well prove to be a useful striker for the club.

We're top of the league, so I trust Nige, but I do wonder when Schlupp may be given a real go.

If your going to put that in every single post you make just put it in your signature it'll save you having to type it over and over again.

Fair comment Deano...... :thumbup:

We have come on fantastically well this season and I am hugely impressed with what NFP has achieved in just 11 games, but any suggestion that it is good enough because we are, at this time, top of the league is sheer nonsense.

There is not one aspect of our game that doen't need improving, every area needs to be worked on, from Schmeichel's distribution to our finishing and pretty much everything in between.

NFP has a fantastic opportunity to build a team that brings all that is good about modern football to the table but to do so his first move has to be dumping the rigidity imposed by playing with two up and forcing our most creative players into wide positions.

This near obsession with two men up and men wide is pointless, Vardy and Nugent are too similar to be really effective and keeping Marshall and sometimes Knockaert on the wing when none of our regular forwards are any good at attacking crosses is just perverse.

Which he has shown this season, when Knockaert was at his most effective around the Hull and Huddersfield matches.

What we've done so far is given ourselves the best chance of any team of doing well. It's the start of another period where we need to remain at the top, or as close to it as possible.

I voted loan but i didn't really read the question properly, i thought it was about who should be back up to Vardy, obviously when fit Vardy has done well enough in partnership with Nugent. So to answer my own question i think we could use a loan. Neither Waghorn nor Schlupp, Hopper, Panayiotou and Futacs are clearly going to score lots of goals. They are all prospects but unproven. I would bring in someone who can show composure in front of goal.

I voted loan but i didn't really read the question properly, i thought it was about who should be back up to Vardy, obviously when fit Vardy has done well enough in partnership with Nugent. So to answer my own question i think we could use a loan. Neither Waghorn nor Schlupp, Hopper, Panayiotou and Futacs are clearly going to score lots of goals. They are all prospects but unproven. I would bring in someone who can show composure in front of goal.

Panayiotou won't score goals? He was academy premier league top goals scorer last season , Liverpool not scared to put raheem sterling in so why don't we play our wonder kid every now and again. Fans who don't know anything other than the first team are so annoying

Panayiotou won't score goals? He was academy premier league top goals scorer last season , Liverpool not scared to put raheem sterling in so why don't we play our wonder kid every now and again. Fans who don't know anything other than the first team are so annoying

I still hope that Nugent & Vardy is the No.1 option.

I'm not convinced that Vardy believes that he can score regularly at this level, though I think he can. When he sees the whites of the keeper's eyes, he seems to often pass to a team-mate who is no better positioned than he is. He has contributed greatly as a team player - and he gets in the positions to have those chances....and he's shown, at a lower level, that he can finish.

It worries me less that he misses the odd chance, as all strikers do. Lacking the confidence to have a go seems more the issue. Maybe NP & staff need to build him up mentally somehow?

One of the other good things about Vardy is that, like Nugent, he has sufficient passing ability, reading of the game and work ethic to drop back into midfield when necessary, giving us more flexibility to disrupt opposing defences and allowing the likes of King, Marshall & Knockaert (all capable of contributing a 10-goal season) to make forward runs.....

I'd like to see a bit more of Schlupp &/or Futacs earlier in the 2nd half of games, but maybe NP now sees the former as a reserve left-back? Yet to see the return of the Waggy of a couple of years ago....we live in hope. Don't think Beckford fits with the team ethic at all.

Archived