Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Brighton & Hove Albion (h) Pre-Match Thread

Just been reading your forum and you lot aren't confident, is it bizarre management or just one of those spells?

Also noticed the guy who highlighted our best players and ignored Knockaert, ignore him at your peril.

Gus Poyet is one of the most unpredictable men in football!

This league is absolutely mental. At the beginning of January this year we had lost the last 4 games in a row (scoring none) and had 10 players out injured. League leaders Southampton came to town and we smashed them 3-0. Predicting matches is nigh-on impossible, but I still think we'll get smashed this evening.

Can't imagine we can keep winning all our games at home so I'll say draw

And upon what reasons have you based this judgement upon?? That's like saying when you flip a coin for the sixth time after it has flipped 'tails' five times in a row then there is more chance of it flipping 'heads'. Granted, the chances of winning a football match are not 50/50 but the theory and concept remains the same.

Gus Poyet is one of the most unpredictable men in football!

This league is absolutely mental. At the beginning of January this year we had lost the last 4 games in a row (scoring none) and had 10 players out injured. League leaders Southampton came to town and we smashed them 3-0. Predicting matches is nigh-on impossible, but I still think we'll get smashed this evening.

Good omen for you boys then considering its a similar situation at the moment

I feel sorry for Danns and Gally. Must be horrible having to just train on your own when you know the rest are playing a match tonight. Still, that is what comes with success, some people are going to miss out.

neil danns â€@dannzy1

2 hour training session done me and @Gally_7 , #goodsession

Neil Danns is a good footballer, he will get his chance again i'm sure then it's up to him to be consistent

I would replace Dyer with Marshall and bring Dyer on towards the end of the 2nd half. 3-1 Leicester. Nugent, King and Knockaert

I really don't get this persistent anti-Dyer stance. The bloke had a goal disallowed and should have won a penalty quite apart from other good things he did. Marshall's had a shocking run and did one thing right at Birmingham which was to score. I was pleased for him and for us but quite why that negates the massive contribution Dyer's been making to our cause I don't know.

Marshall offers us something with his long-range shooting potential but he's not generally anything like the raw threat that Dyer is. People forget that if it takes two defenders to contain Dyer that makes space for others - as Konchesky demonstrated with emphasis at St Andrews. But it's not just Konch, it's other people too.

None of this is aimed at Marshall personally. The bloke's been good for us. But he's a lot easier to mark than Dyer and even comments from some about his final ball aren't really convincing because if we converted the chances Dyer's "final ball" create in a game we'd be scoring three to five a game instead of twos.

I think he is good too, I'm not sure he will get another chance though. Out on loan soon then gone in Jan would be my guess. Big shame!

I think so too, although IMO it's not really a shame.

His dynamism isn't something we're missing though, King & DD are able to mop things up without fouling and then get forward to support attacks without wasting possession.

I think Danns is a worthy squad player but his constant fouling whilst tackling and awful passing resulting in opponents attacks will keep him out the team at the expense of DD/King/James or a change of formation that sees Knocky/Marshall involved centrally too.

In short, he just doesn't fit any more - Apart from his appearances this season I can't fault his effort for us last year, so good luck to the lad.

These are just basic figures not really taking into account average crowds, but it gives a decent idea of how much of a loss the club makes when they reduce ticket prices:

20,000 fans at a maximum of £15 for a fans fixture = £375,000

20,000 fans at an average price of £25 for a gold fixture = £500,000

To make up the difference in the gate receipts, there would have to be around 34,000 people attending tonight.

Haven't read the whole thread so apologies if the point has already been made. You forgot to take the extra 5000 fans into account so it's only a 50k shortfall not 125k. Still a lot to make up though. Edit sorry, just added it up myself and your final figure is correct but you put it down as 20000 not 25000

Don't teams that have been on a winning run which is ended then usually go crap for a few games? Basically what I'm saying is this. If we tonight we win da league. If anyone sees a large handsome man in the toilets tonight at HT having a wee and saying "weeeeeeeeeee there goes me weeeeeeeeeeee" then that's me. Come say hello

Stupid question, but how long do people normally have to queue to buy tickets at the stadium, normally get them in advance but wasn't sure if I could go to this one until earlier.

I take it they are still fans fixture prices on the night.

Stupid question, but how long do people normally have to queue to buy tickets at the stadium, normally get them in advance but wasn't sure if I could go to this one until earlier.

I take it they are still fans fixture prices on the night.

I queued for about 10 minutes for the Bristol City game. Moves pretty swiftly as they've got twice as many staff as they used to when we had the old ticket office.

I queued for about 10 minutes for the Bristol City game. Moves pretty swiftly as they've got twice as many staff as they used to when we had the old ticket office.

Cheers, just wondering if needed to set off much earlier than usual.

Unchanged team again for me. Happily brng Marshall and Vardy on early in the second half, but honestly think Dyer deserves to keep his place. Bruno, their right back looked terrible and slow when they were on Sky earlier in the season, although could have been a one off performance.

Really is nice to feel confident and fully back whatever eleven Pearson selects atm.

Thinking 2-0 tonight. King & Nugent

Archived