Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
darko2k7

Leicester 1-2 Crystal Palace Post Match Thread

Palace fans weren't all that, not sure why we have fans celebrating the perceived loudness of away supporters agin. They sang "we love you" loudly and brought numbers as expected but they only broke into song about twice all second half.

this, grossly overrated and that spell in the first half aside they werent any better than us

We're all disappointed, but it was inevitable that we wouldn't win every home game until the end of the season. The important thing is that we are top of the table for a reason, we have an exciting, creative side, and one under-par performance doesn't change that. And this will have given Nigel a good indication of where our weaknesses lie so he can work on them, NO DISASTER! I still think we will finish at least in the top 6.

We didn't get the breaks at the pivotal moments today. Either through our own poor finishing/play or the standard of the officiating.

Fair play to Palace though defended well and looked a threat on the break.

Still can't get my head around sticking Knocky out on the wing. We've looked at our best this year when playing 4-2-3-1, hopefully this result will get Nige to change this thinking.

De laet and Kingy looked like they were the only ones up for today :dry: Another lacklustre performance from the strikers , and drinkwater for the first this season looked dreadful :blink: But for some reason i think we will smash watford by a few goals and continue from there :scarf:

We weren't good enough today. Our central midfielders were out-muscled by their opposite numbers and Palace had two good outlets on either wing which caused us problems due to the frequency with which our full backs like to get forward. We should have started with an extra man in the middle to relieve the pressure on Drinkwater and King, really. They are busy clever midfielders but they won't win many straight physical battles.

I thought Whitbread was very poor along with Drinkwater, Knockaert, and Vardy. Knockaert was particulalry disappointing. For me he is at his best when threading balls through opposition defences and picking out men in space. Today there was too much running into opponents without much answer to players who are willing to simply stand up to him.

I've seen a few posters moaning about a lack of a presence up front and although they are correct (I certainly don't see any of our strikers scoring 20+ this season) the biggest issue with our attacking stuff today was the lack of movement. This, combined with poor passing and appalling defending of set pieces, is what cost us today. We have looked a little tired in most of our games since the international break which is worrying this early in the season.

I don't want to be too negative. We are doing better than I expected and there is nothing to fear in this league as far as I can see. We have as good a shot at promotion as anyone else. We do need to learn to mix it up a bit more though. It's easy to see us becoming predictable so we need to have something else for when that becomes the case.

Been in Scotland since the end of last month, and seen three games up there. Got back Thurs night, and was hoping for another win today.

Having kept a keen eye on the results of City, my stay was made even more enjoyable.

So, today we have lost, but no one should really knock the team after such a fine run, which has more than surprised me.

:o

:appl:

Just hope we're not entering in our losing streak again! :unsure:

Not a great performance, but I would say awful, we had a good go at them but when you are playing 12 men it's difficult. One or two legs looked tired to me Morgan and Drinkwater, give them a rest, bring in Danns and Moore in.

Zaha is a must signing for me, looked world class compared to Dyer.

Not a great performance, but I would say awful, we had a good go at them but when you are playing 12 men it's difficult. One or two legs looked tired to me Morgan and Drinkwater, give them a rest, bring in Danns and Moore in.

Us sign Zaha! lol

I reckon we can beat off the likes of Arsenal for his signature :rolleyes:

The ref was poor but he isn't to blame for us losing. We weren't at our best and Palace did a number on us. Fair play to them. Dust ourselves down and on to the next one. We've nothing to fear in this league.

unfortunately, agree with you on this buddy. Lets say back to League 2 with Fleetwood, to be uncontroversial

Sadly we've paid a million pounds for this lad and we're not going to get that back, to be fair I don't think a loan move will benefit Vardy. Waghorn on Loan I wouldn't rule out!

Not good enough today. No need to start panicking though. We won nothing in the air today in either box. Whitbread and drinkwater were poor today but drinkwater has been excellent this season. Wasn't impressed by Nuge either. Hope we get back to winning ways next game

Archived