Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
darko2k7

Leicester 1-2 Crystal Palace Post Match Thread

Well that was a waste of about £30.

We played shit today, too many players had off games, Knockaert, Nugent and Drinkwater were absolutely awful, Whitbread very poor as well, King did nothing, Vardy did nothing, De Laet was good going forward but lackadaisical at the back. The biggest problems though - we played crap as a team, lazy, poor movement off the ball, poor passing.

Apart from score.

Just got back myself. Pretty much agree with Kingfox.

They were much the stronger team and that showed in the first half. They didn't allow us time on the ball at all and everytime we did have the ball they closed down in numbers.

Fair play to them. They came with a game plan and it paid off. I'd have given De Laet MOTM too, thought he was good going forward in 2nd half.

Not sure how long they will keep hold of Zaha for, he was quality.

P.S. That ref was a complete cvnt.

As for blaming the referee? I've not heard people moan about the referee for a while - during our good spell, when we were winning and unbeaten...We lose, the referee comes into question, coincidence?

The ref wasn't to blame for the defeat, but he really was dreadful. For both sides. Palace could easily have had a penalty when Konchesky shoved whoever it was over in the box. Knockaert flattening Zaha(?) was funny, but how he didn't give a foul I don't know. The linesmen were no better.

Awful referee.

Clear foul on Kasper for the first goal, his leg got taken from him in mid air. Handball on the line. De Laet shoved off the ball on the byline.

That's three massive incidents he got wrong and which would have turned the game.

However, it shouldn't distract from an average performance. Dyer was awful and offered Konchesky no protection against their wingers in the first 30 mins. Thankfully, James came on and steadied the ship. I think Whitbread is suspect. Too many wayward headers, how long until SSL is back?

I think we should lay off our strikers, Palace defended very well and Vardy needs another game to prove himself. We should also give Futacs some game time before calling for a new striker, whilst Nugent should not be undroppable.

Week off, looking forward to beating Watford.

They were the better team, and deserved 3 points. The fvcking handball was a disgrace though.

Their players are just bigger, stronger and better at moving the ball around. They'll be up there at the end of the season.

The Palace fans brought alot on the day, suprisingly. They were a bit quiet 2nd half though.

Dire performance today but it was due as we're Leicester. Palace were excellent and the ref was poor, but not as bad as the noise suggested. Did anyone see if was actually a handball from their man near the line? It looked it.

Losing faith in Jamie Vardy, if I'm honest. He tries hard but conjures up little, apart from his ball to Nugent which was excellent to be fair to him. Hopefully he turns it around.

But I can handle an off day, no need for panic stations there. But our fans should be fvcking ashamed again - I was stood in J today and was pleasantly surprised at how many were standing, but they were so pathetic vocally. L sounded like they were trying but near where I was it was dogshit. We're sitting top of the league and nobody is putting the effort in to join in with chants and create an atmosphere. They don't deserve to have a team top of the league, they deserve to support a shit relegation-fodder club.

Of course they were all fvcking laying into the ref at any opportunity, and they'd be the first to boo the team if we were midtable - but they aren't interested in being positive and getting behind the team.

You're naive if you think they wouldn't boo the team with us at the top, in fact I'd suggest that many where doing just that. I can, to some extent understand (although I don't condone) fans not getting behind the players when we're not doing well. But when we started the game first in the league to hear the constant moaning, non-stop critisism of players who had their first off game in weeks and booing the side (Which if they didn't do, they certainly would have if they'd not had the ref as a distraction) was just, frankly, embarassing and further adds to the evidence that we have some of the worst 'support' in the Championship. The kid who claimed that we 'Have the best fans in the Championship' while the Palace fans rightly sang 'Your support is ****ing shit' was the most entertaining part of today's match.

He might as well not bothered then I suppose.

You'll need a knee operation like Pearson if you keep this up. Take a deep breath, look at the table and enjoy your Saturday evening.

Don't overreact, I've not.

I've said it was an off day, we've obviously played better than that in most games this season.

But no, he may as well have not bothered, we didn't gain any points for that goal and I have to ask where that kind of desire was in the rest of the game. None of our players attacked the ball like that for the rest of the game, nor did anyone sprint to the by-line and put in a cross like that.

King had a poor game, don't get your knickers in a twist because you like him.

You're naive if you think they wouldn't boo the team with us at the top, in fact I'd suggest that many where doing just that. I can, to some extent understand (although I don't condone) fans not getting behind the players when we're not doing well. But when we started the game first in the league to hear the constant moaning, non-stop critisism of players who had their first off game in weeks and booing the side (Which if they didn't do, they certainly would have if they'd not had the ref as a distraction) was just, frankly, embarassing and further adds to the evidence that we have some of the worst 'support' in the Championship. The kid who claimed that we 'Have the best fans in the Championship' while the Palace fans rightly sang 'Your support is ****ing shit' was the most entertaining part of today's match.

You may be right.

It's just pathetic, they don't care about using their voice unless it's for something negative. I'll admit, I criticise players, occassionally I'll lose my rag and shout 'that's fvcking shit' when we're having a mare. But at least I try to get behind us, sing some chants, show some positivity. And I'm not just saying at 2-0 down, at 0-0 we were just letting ourselves be outsung. There were chants being attempted and people were just not partaking in it at all.

It's just a waste of time - win, lose or draw it's no fun wahtsoever. I don't know why other people would find it enjoyable.

They were the better team, and deserved 3 points. The fvcking handball was a disgrace though.

Their players are just bigger, stronger and better at moving the ball around. They'll be up there at the end of the season.

The Palace fans brought alot on the day, suprisingly. They were a bit quiet 2nd half though.

Not just the handball, the push on Nugent I think it was, should also have been a penalty.

Don't overreact, I've not.

I've said it was an off day, we've obviously played better than that in most games this season.

But no, he may as well have not bothered, we didn't gain any points for that goal and I have to ask where that kind of desire was in the rest of the game. None of our players attacked the ball like that for the rest of the game, nor did anyone sprint to the by-line and put in a cross like that.

King had a poor game, don't get your knickers in a twist because you like him.

I think I've been quite measured in my response to defeat. You've vowed to stay at home. You've got your knickers in that much of a twist that they've disappeared up your arse and given you a second adams apple.

Pretty sensible analysis here for the most part.

Palace were too strong for us, probably the only side we've faced so far who won the midfield battle, and they did so pretty comprehensively.

We never got close enough to them first half, lost count of the amount of times we lost possession in midfield, and one slide rule pass would set Zaha or Bolasie free to cause havoc. Not sure if Kasper was fouled for the first, but this had an impact as thought he should have come for the cross for the 2nd.

2nd half we were all huff and puff but never looked like turning it around really. Knockaert had a dismal 2nd 45 until hauled off and we couldn't make the transition from defence to attack with any pace at all.

Nige summed it up, too many players having off days cost us, Palace were well worth the win.

I think I've been quite measured in my response to defeat. You've vowed to stay at home. You've got your knickers in that much of a twist that they've disappeared up your arse and given you a second adams apple.

You've not been measured at all, I've criticised King and you've thrown your toys out the pram. I didn't know it was such a crime to criticise players' performances when they've had a bad game.

Me staying away has nothing to do with the team, it's to do with the crap atmosphere, and the fact I've had to pay good money to experience it.

We weren't at the standards that had taken us to first place yes the ref and the linesman had a shocker, overall disappointing performance but we are 2nd now and lets hope the players get this performance out of their sytem and push on again in our next 2 away games.

Quick summary.

Nugent should have buried his chance at the start, if he does it's a completely different game. Was Kasper fouled for the first goal? Not sure if it was their player or our own that took him out. The second goal we had to defend better, no-one to blame but ourselves there.

Now onto the ref, they had a handball on the line from what I could see, how he didn't see it I will never know.

Too many of our players had off days, that's why we weren't good enough, its ok having one or two, but when five or six are playing poorly, you are going to struggle to win. Personally feel that we need a striker who is going to score goals and also bring others into play, I know Nugent does it, but I don't feel he scores enough.

Palace fans were also class, as was their team, Zaha is some talent. Fair play to them, best fans and team to come to the KP this season, by a mile.

You've not been measured at all, I've criticised King and you've thrown your toys out the pram. I didn't know it was such a crime to criticise players' performances when they've had a bad game.

Me staying away has nothing to do with the team, it's to do with the crap atmosphere, and the fact I've had to pay good money to experience it.

You said 'he did nothing' I retorted 'he scored' hardly toys out pram, more a passive aggressive response to a tantrum.

Have you thought about running on the pitch and being 'free' to improve your match day experience?

Palace fans weren't all that, not sure why we have fans celebrating the perceived loudness of away supporters agin. They sang "we love you" loudly and brought numbers as expected but they only broke into song about twice all second half.

Archived