Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
darko2k7

Leicester 1-2 Crystal Palace Post Match Thread

I simply thought we were outmuscled.

They were bigger, stronger, controlled the midfield (including the flanks)... How fookin good is Zaha?

And we were weaker.

King was missing in a physical game...

I don't highlight him though. They were all pretty poor.

However, tis one game.., I'm not worried by it particularly.

They were bigger, stronger, controlled the midfield (including the flanks)... How fookin good is Zaha?

And we were weaker.

Pretty much how I see it too Col, when three of your four outstanding performers this season don't show up it's going to be tough!

And we were weaker.

Spot on Col.

But this is something we talked about at the start of the season, we tend to struggle against the more physical midfields and today was the first time our midfield got well and truly dominated this season, and we ended up losing, just goes to show that Drinkwater and King have flaws.

James and King looked pretty good in my opinion, but Drinkwater had a shocker Jedinak and Dikgacoi were just too good, too powerful for our little midfield.

Spot on Col.

But this is something we talked about at the start of the season, we tend to struggle against the more physical midfields and today was the first time our midfield got well and truly dominated this season, and we ended up losing, just goes to show that Drinkwater and King have flaws.

James and King looked pretty good in my opinion, but Drinkwater had a shocker Jedinak and Dikgacoi were just too good, too powerful for our little midfield.

No point talking about it mate. No ones listening...

Am I the only one who didn't think Zaha was that good?

Yes...he tore Konch a new arsehole in the first half.

Well they should.

It's true that when we get dominated in midfield against physical sides we lose.

And it happened for the first time this season today.

If people can't see it then they are deluded.

He didn't really have to... The damage was done..

Don't be fooled... This guy was playing in second gear. Best player I've seen down here this season.

lol

He wasn't even the best player in their side today. He got no change out of De Laet.

Bolasie impressed me more!

You clearly can't tell a prem player when you see one.

Bolasie was good too I agree.

But Zaha took the piss.

IMO.

He may well be prem player in the future Mr super scout but today he wasn't that special he had a bright opening but not much after that.

No doubt he'll be in the prem sooner rather than later but today he was outperformed by several of his teammates.

Not worried by today myself. Run was bound to come to an end sometime. I still don't think we've had a poor team performance this season (although today was very close)

Palace did their homework - if you stop King and DD run the show you'll stop LCFC.

They attacked and defended better and bossed midfield.

We didn't do ourselves any favours with the defending for the 2nd goal. With the first I dunno - was Kaspar fouled? Did he just misjudge it? Was he impeded by a LCFC player?

I think we never stopped trying. Throughout the entire match we were creating chances. I think it was a mix between us being wasteful and them being lucky. Speroni made some good saves, they cleared it off the line and their second goalkeeper made a great save at one point that was completely missed by the officials!

Keep calm and carry on I'd say - don't think there is much in particular to worry about. Might need to work on a Plan B for when the opposition is able to stop King and DD though.

I think despite how clearly Palace were the better team - no one could have complained or been surprised if it was 2-2 by the end. We were the worst team, but we definitely did enough to get something from it.

Yes...he tore Konch a new arsehole in the first half.

Think it was as much to do with 3/4 of our key players underperforming on the same day Col,time will tell, personally think it was just one of those days!

Was L1 closed today?

I have to agree with this. As you can see, I don't post often, but this has been really grinding me for the last few weeks and I need to let off steam! I don't want to invoke an "Us vs Them" between our fans but the hypocrisy of L1 astounds me. Week after week - sometimes day after day - I read posts slagging off the "Kop" for a lack of noise and how L1 is the "singing block" of the KP. Well, sorry, but if today (and Brighton and Bristol City et al) was the best "singing" you could muster, you should be damned ashamed of yourselves! For the majority of this season, the back 3/4 rows of SK1/SK2 have tried, and in comparison to the numbers who stand in L1 we've done our bit. We're up against it in the "Kop", there is far too much complacency in the vast majority who sit, I admit; but at least we try. But to have a so-called "singing block" be so quiet for the majority of a match is shameful. Forget L1, the back of SK1/SK2 is where the support stands. Fair play and credit to the guys who got the impassioned "LCFC" chant going at the start of the second half today. Top effort.

On the plus side, one defeat does not a season make, and the stats don't lie. Onwards and upwards. Leicester 'til I die!!

Tactical and footballing mess today. And for all the diabolical refereeing - from the man in the middle and another on the side with his flag - that was no excuse.

To start at the beginning we looked like we'd never seen a football all season in the first five minutes. Almost every attempted pass went astray and there's no excuse for us being prepared so badly.

Presumably Dyer was injured or ill because taking off the only genuinely pacey player we had was a forced decision so early on because he (with Vardy) had already made one of our two excellent early chances for Nugent and he was nowhere near the worst performer to be seen in a Leicester shirt.

Kasper, Whitbread, Knockaert and Drinkwater were diabolical, Konch was getting run ragged and Vardy looked about as likely to score as a eunoch on a beach full of nymphomaniacs, missing one glorious close-range chance in the second half.

By the time we'd gifted Palace two goals and slouched out for the second half it was clear that major changes were needed to both our personnel, our ideas and our attitude. But the personnel changes came too late, yet again, and the uninspired thinking continued.

Futacs remained on the sidelines (having looked entirely indifferent going through the motions of keeping warm out on the pitch over half-time) despite the fact we desperately needed an aerial threat and had none. How bad must the bloke be not to have got a game today?

Knockaert, meanwhile, kept running into whichever brick wall in a Palace shirt was in front of him so making his colleagues nervous of running anywhere. Even when Kingy directed a pass to his feet he'd run somewhere else.

What the hell is he ever doing in central midfield cos he's a collection of mistakes in motion away from the front third and no-one else seemed to have the faintest idea whether he was likely to twist or stick.

Then we seemed to be mesmerised into repeating the same wasteful final ball when going forward - a hopeful cross onto the heads of Palace's giant defenders with poor Vardy and Nugent needing a set of library steps apiece to have more than token chance of competing.

Even early on I saw Vardy plead with DeLaet to feed the ball on the floor but no, nothing changed - the visiting defenders must have headed so many crosses they'll all be needing aspirin in the morning to ease the throbbing.

I know Palace closed us down well but where did our passing go? Kingy, although not competing with his recent new-found vigour - was the only one trying (successfully in the main) to play the ball quickly and simply.

Quite apart from allowing Palace free passage through the centre of our defence for the uncontested header which gave Palace their second goals, I don't specifically remember Whitbread heading the ball to one of our players once. And, yet again he almost gave away his "gift-a-day" goal chance...with Kasper joining him this time - twice.

Drinkwater seemed lost and far more likely to fall over the ball or himself than to give a short, sharp, accurate pass and I've already mentioned Knockaert. He just wore himself out running into countless dead ends with the inevitable results.

He did, to his credit, try to vary our countless corners but he just doesn't deliver the ball with enough power, spin or accuracy to be effective even if we'd showed we'd planned some well-honed manoeuvres on the training ground - which we clearly hadn't. Almost every cross was an easy picking for the Palace defenders so why did we persist in putting the ball in the air at all.

Even Morgan caught the bug. Times he did a Mills and simply threaded a high, hopeless ball forward and to a team so well equipped t o do damage on the counter with their ever-dangerous wingmen.

If I hadn't seen it I wouldn't have believed our passing team could be so easily reduced to the level of being boring and predictable.

Yes, King reduced the arrears and maintained our record of having scored in every game but, while we didn't deserve the injustice the referee heaped onto us, I don't think we deserved to draw either.

Mind you, failing to give the handball on the left post had lots of us questioning the referees honesty or his eyesight and it wasn't the only occasion. There was some seriously blatant pushing in the box which should have brought a spot kick too.

As for one of the linesman - he reminded me of one of the three monkeys. Hear no evil, see no evil and speak no evil ...he just didn't see what was in front of his eyes and didn't seem to have any idea that a ball is only out when all of it crosses the line...either for us or the opposition.

Altogether I was glad to get home!

guy-jumps-out-of-window-suddenly.gif

I liked the look of Jedinak very imposing central midfielder certainly bossed us.

Bit surprised to read some of the comments about him. He's stylish and good on the ball, but has often looked a bit light-weight when playing for the Aussies

It was our first REAL test, three sides I can see us really struggling against are Palace (as seen), Cardiff and it pains me to say but once they click Florrest.

Over the last few weeks we have performed well against Hull and Huddersfield, and gotten away with most of the other games, Bristol were genuinely rubbish but we were lucky to come out in one piece against Brighton.

Palace were just better than us, the damage was done early doors and then they just sat back and defended, we didn't have the playing staff to really hurt them and I would go as far as I think they will be right up there come the seasons end!

I am slightly worried about the next few games, a few players have yet to impress me and I think we need a few extra bodies bringing in, otherwise we ain't staying in the top 6 for long!

It was odds on we would lose the minute Pearson appeared on football focus, absolute kiss of death. Palace were well deserved winners they looked fitter than us and always looked like they could score, by far the best team I have seen down here this season.

What if anything can we take out of this game ? Well I think it is becoming glaringly obvious that Vardy is not going to make it at this level, sure he tries hard can't fault him for effort but he is out of his depth and is too small. We all knew it was a gamble when he was signed but it clearly has not paid off. So it is an absolute must to get in a striker who can play at this level as soon as possible or we are going to continue to be toothless up front.

The atmosphere today was piss poor not just because we lost it's because we are now seeing the results of this clubs determination to ease out the old type of supporter and replace them with nice compliant do as your told family groups.

And finally what the fvck do the club think they are achieving with that constant full blast Dog shit music on the tannoy's ? It even hits you before you even get into the ground. Is it supposed to whip us up into a frenzy before kick off ? I heard two palace fans absolutely wetting themselves at the cheap tacky pointlessness of it all, they said it sounded like a " Gypo's fairground ride " I felt so embarrassed because that's exactly what it sounds like.

I have to agree with this. As you can see, I don't post often, but this has been really grinding me for the last few weeks and I need to let off steam! I don't want to invoke an "Us vs Them" between our fans but the hypocrisy of L1 astounds me. Week after week - sometimes day after day - I read posts slagging off the "Kop" for a lack of noise and how L1 is the "singing block" of the KP. Well, sorry, but if today (and Brighton and Bristol City et al) was the best "singing" you could muster, you should be damned ashamed of yourselves! For the majority of this season, the back 3/4 rows of SK1/SK2 have tried, and in comparison to the numbers who stand in L1 we've done our bit. We're up against it in the "Kop", there is far too much complacency in the vast majority who sit, I admit; but at least we try. But to have a so-called "singing block" be so quiet for the majority of a match is shameful. Forget L1, the back of SK1/SK2 is where the support stands. Fair play and credit to the guys who got the impassioned "LCFC" chant going at the start of the second half today. Top effort.

On the plus side, one defeat does not a season make, and the stats don't lie. Onwards and upwards. Leicester 'til I die!!

Why not join us in l block then

Archived