Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
darko2k7

Leicester 1-2 Crystal Palace Post Match Thread

The performance was not good enough but we should have had a point. The referee was disgusting like up at Boro he didn't want us to win.

Vardy was poor again today for me he just hasn't got it, still playing non league football in his head. Might try hard but he hasn't got it. Although Nugent was equally poor he should have done much better with a chance early on. Our main concern is that we can't score enough and I don't think we can rely on either of them to score twenty plus goals.

Why does Futacs never get given a chance? We start pumping balls up to small players why not give him a go? Marshalls sub was strange came on and played him far too deep. How both Vardy and Nugent stayed on I don't know.

RDL was best today by far, too many others didn't turn up.

Need a win at Watford now, they are poor on form so a win is a must.

Been in Scotland since the end of last month, and seen three games up there. Got back Thurs night, and was hoping for another win today.

Having kept a keen eye on the results of City, my stay was made even more enjoyable.

So, today we have lost, but no one should really knock the team after such a fine run, which has more than surprised me.

It is, I think, necessary to find another striker, as we don't seem overly impressive up front. Let's hope for a few points in the next two away games.

Also we need to sort ourselves out at defending and attacking corners.

So often the opposition will beat us in the air for their corners and have a chance where they should score, Brighton had a couple they should have buried. Their second was far too easy for them.

Attacking corners are also very poor, we don't ever look like scoring really, they are always so poor.

Just got back.

Referee was shocking, one of the worst I've seen by a country mile, should of had two penalties one of which was a clear handball off the line. Other decisions were awful as well; however we can't blame everything on the referee the performance just wasn't good enough.

I will go back on a thing I discussed on here at the beginning of the season, and that was the midfield getting overpowered and not dominating games, and for the first time this season this was the case. King tried his best, but Drinkwater was absolutely awful, got dominated all game, was pushed off the ball, gave it away far too many times, couldn't handle Dikgacoi and Jedinak's strength. Drinkwater's worst game of the season for me, was just well and truly shocking.

Also the left side was very weak in the first half, Konchesky couldn't handle Zaha and Bolasie got skinned so many times, while Dyer offered nothing when he was on. Whitbread does some things very well, but some things he comes across as a liability, on the floor he just wasn't good enough, got done with pace a few times and didn't read the game at all, some attempted tackles were well and truly awful.

De Laet was MOTM today, don't normally rate him but he did nothing wrong, a great defensive display and his attacking display was very impressive. King, Morgan and James deserve some recognition as well.

Can't win every game, and even though the ref was awful we can't blame him for everything, we just weren't at the races today.

Crystal Palace's defence didn't look the best, but their midfield was too good, they have two powerhouses in central midfield, and two wingers with bags of pace and skill, and a target man who can hold up the ball and score goals, best team to come to the King Power in some time.

Heads up and roll on Watford :)

Fucking awful. A loss was going to happen sooner or later, if i'm honest every game we won I kept thinking the next game we'd lose - Hey, the pessimism comes with being a Leicester fan! lol

Earlier in the season I was complaining when we played well but still lost, Today i'm accepting the loss but not the performance, we were awful, we didn't play well for even 1 second today.

I'm looking for us to bounce back and well against Watford.

As for blaming the referee? I've not heard people moan about the referee for a while - during our good spell, when we were winning and unbeaten...We lose, the referee comes into question, coincidence?

I'm not say the referee had a good game, he did have a very poor one, but people seem to be blaming the referee, slaging the referee off, talking about the referee rather than question our own teams performance, yes the referee made some shocking decisions, however none of there goal came from the referees decisions, that was down to our own teams poor performance.

(I'm pointing that out to most Radio Leicester callers and the odd comment from people on here.)

What did Nige say about it?

Doesn't begrudge Palace winning and said that on the day they were the better team. Said that we had too many players performing below their normal standards to produce a good performance. He also the said the ref was a cvnt in a more softly softly approach :P

Credit to Palace, they had a game plan and they followed it through perfectly. We weren't at the races today like we have been all season. Too many players had off days. But let's not get down, there's a long way to go and we'll be back!

P.S for anyone who didn't go today, the ref really was that bad. Shocker.

have to say, Palace were the better team today imo, Came with a plan...stuck to it and it worked for them.best team ive seen come to the KP this season...good away support too :)

thought we had a decent 2nd half...if we'd a got the hand ball in the 2nd half i think it would have turned the game in our direction.

but it certainly dont help when you have some god awful officials; probably the worse i've even seen in my 20 odd yrs of going & that certainly takes some.

Lost today due to 3 reasons:

- Too many players had off days

- Terrible referee

- Palace were class first half and defended well all of the second.

+ We were forced out wide and had to cross the ball, didn't suit us at all. I know we scored from a cross in the end but we must've had 30+ crosses (including corners) which amounted to very little.

Palace were definitely the best team we've come up against this season, attacked very well first half and we struggled to deal with their set pieces. I couldn't see too well but was Kasper fouled for the first goal. It looked that was from the opposite end but I'm not too sure.

Palace deserved to win but that ref was a completely useless piece of shit and should be dropped down a few leagues for being such an inept twat.

Palace were definitely the best team we've come up against this season, attacked very well first half and we struggled to deal with their set pieces. I couldn't see too well but was Kasper fouled for the first goal. It looked that was from the opposite end but I'm not too sure.

Palace deserved to win but that ref was a completely useless piece of shit and should be dropped down a few leagues for being such an inept twat.

Yes. But by our own player I think.

Want to see the handball on the line because clearly that would have been a game changer.

Palace deserved the win though, good team.

Sounds like I missed the worst game of the week. Not a good day with results around us.

After the last defeat we won the next five. That is the aim again. We've had a lot of matches this season against teams in and around us, now we should look to take points from the teams others have been doing so, starting next week.

Not really it was a very enjoyable match, both teams were excellent in the first half. The second half was less entertaining they didn't put much effort in and just looked to counter, which they were appaling at they secrewed up a two on two and a 3v2 (in their favour) and we ran out of puff and ideas. Ultimately we paid the price for not taking chances, Nugent missed a sitter at the start of the match after Vardy chased down a lost cause, Knockeart also had a pretty decent chance which Speroni saved well from. Despite them terrorising our defence in the first 30 minutes they scored from badly defended set pieces, and after James was brought on we were much more solid and played some nice football for the rest of the half. Most of the players didn't put in their best performances, but credit should be given to De Laet, he defended solidly all through the match and put in a huge effort attacking in the second half, he was basically playing as a wing back covering the whole of the right flank.

Would love to see the penalty incidents again, the handball on the line looked pretty blatant from where I was sitting and I can't understand how the linesman didn't see it.

Well that was a waste of about £30.

We played shit today, too many players had off games, Knockaert, Nugent and Drinkwater were absolutely awful, Whitbread very poor as well, King did nothing, Vardy did nothing, De Laet was good going forward but lackadaisical at the back. The biggest problems though - we played crap as a team, lazy, poor movement off the ball, poor passing.

But worst of all Palace wanted it more than us. Like for example, how come the first time we attacked the ball in the box was in stopage time? Where was that desire for the previous 90 minutes? We took too long to really throw everything at them, for all our possession.

We started OK, should have been 2-0 up in fact but wasted 2 glorious chances, further adding fuel to the argument that we're not clinical enough up front and will need to dip into the transfer market. But after that, we just didn't show enough desire, we looked complacent and did not work hard enough as a team, whereas Palace did. In fairness, Nigel accepted we had too many players that weren't on it today, he did have a few digs at the ref which were fair but he admitted we got what we warranted today which was nothing.

But I can handle an off day, no need for panic stations there. But our fans should be fvcking ashamed again - I was stood in J today and was pleasantly surprised at how many were standing, but they were so pathetic vocally. L sounded like they were trying but near where I was it was dogshit. We're sitting top of the league and nobody is putting the effort in to join in with chants and create an atmosphere. They don't deserve to have a team top of the league, they deserve to support a shit relegation-fodder club.

Of course they were all fvcking laying into the ref at any opportunity, and they'd be the first to boo the team if we were midtable - but they aren't interested in being positive and getting behind the team.

It's no wonder I have only gone twice, and never in the East Stand since March, and I won't be going again for quite some time whilst we've got so many pathetic wankers supporting us. Palace fans weren't amazing today by any stretch but we made ourselves look really small time.

I'll be watching the Forest game on the TV.

Archived