Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Hole

Michael Keane and Jesse Lingard Loan Watch

Does anyone know what is happening with this loan deal? The BBC report said it was extended to today, so have they both gone back, will it be extended further, without Keane and Whitbread and SSL injured we look very short of cover at the back.

So anyone know anything or are we all too busy following Jesse's mum on facebook to actually take interest in footballing matters?

Got to disagree a little with you there, cus he had just played against Chelsea in the cup a few days earlier, against their strongest side aswell.

Apologises mate I was only going on League apps, yes he has played 3 times for Utd in the league cup!

Still only 5 senior apps in total, the lad is still finding he way in the game.

Lingard has the potential to be a really good player, but from what I've seen of him, I honestly think that he's not good enough to play in the Championship. Reckon he needs to playing some League One/Two football so that he can develop his talent more efficiently. Keane's definitely a player worth keeping until the end of this season at least. He played well yesterday.

Does anyone know what is happening with this loan deal? The BBC report said it was extended to today, so have they both gone back, will it be extended further, without Keane and Whitbread and SSL injured we look very short of cover at the back.

So anyone know anything or are we all too busy following Jesse's mum on facebook to actually take interest in footballing matters?

It would suggest that we are near to completing a deal for another defender or just Utd aren't playing ball!

Would like to see a replay of their goal, though, which came largely because we got complacent at the back and I suspect it may be Keane who was guilty or losing his man.

Personally thought Morgan got caught too square on marking his man. So once the pass was laid off to Vaughan he had time for a shot.

Nice to see that Lingard was completely written off on his size. He played less than 90 minutes, hardly touched the ball and when he did he hardly gave it away. But to use the cliches 'he's not good enough cos he's lightweight'.....which is an in-joke to myself cos everyone moans this country doesn't make enough technically skilled footballers regardless of size. Random rant apologises.

To the United fan, very diffcult to tell if Lingard will make it or not, simple as.

Nice to see that Lingard was completely written off on his size. He played less than 90 minutes, hardly touched the ball and when he did he hardly gave it away. But to use the cliches 'he's not good enough cos he's lightweight'.....which is an in-joke to myself cos everyone moans this country doesn't make enough technically skilled footballers regardless of size. Random rant apologises.

To the United fan, very diffcult to tell if Lingard will make it or not, simple as.

Being lightweight wasn't the reason for him not being good enough, he's the sort of player you'd expect to be creative or at least look as if he might be creative. I didn't see enough of that when he played.

You point out that he didn't play much. Admittedly, he didn't really get the chance to prove himself on the pitch but does that excuse him? You have to question why he didn't get that much game time, I'd assume it's because Pearson thought we had better players and I fully agree with him.

Personally thought Morgan got caught too square on marking his man. So once the pass was laid off to Vaughan he had time for a shot.

It's may sometimes be a cliche to dismiss a footballer for his size - look at Messi and Maradona for obvious examples of this not being the case - but in Lingaard's case, however, it was partly true. He was just getting hussled and harried, effectively pushed out of the game and when he did get the ball he was too far away from goal, out of reach per se, to have any impact as an attacking midfielder. He reminds me of that Swedish lad we got from Liverpool who played a few games; comfortable, but never looked capable of doing anything. Size wasn't a cliched dismissive; it is merely one of many reasons why Lingard was ineffective. I'm 5'6" btw, I'd be the last to criticise over size!

Archived