Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wilson_6

Danns off to Bristol City on loan

Maybe you need to get your memory sorted because I've not once banged on about Sven.

Sorry for having the complete audacity of having a favourite player, and being disappointed that he's not wanted here. But do tell me when the last time I championed Beckford for a starting place. Few months back now.

If you can find the time to get your head out of your arse, read this thread and it seems like my point (fans loving him) was quite justified. Then if you can manage it, please give me your expert opinion on what's different now.

Maybe you need to get your memory sorted because I've not once banged on about Sven.

Sorry for having the complete audacity of having a favourite player, and being disappointed that he's not wanted here. But do tell me when the last time I championed Beckford for a starting place. Few months back now.

If you can find the time to get your head out of your arse, read this thread http://www.foxestalk...033-neil-danns/ and it seems like my point (fans loving him) was quite justified. Then if you can manage it, please give me your expert opinion on what's different now.

:ph34r:

Need to get it off my chest, but what the fvck does everyone see in Neil Danns that I don't?

When did Neil Danns ever improve our displays like yesterday? When did he ever contribute as many assists as the likes of Drinkwater?

He's got a lot of energy and has a decent shot on him, but other than that he offers literally nothing, can't tackle (like some believe he can), his passing isn't good enough, he doesn't create chances, he's poor at retaining the ball, I fail to see this 'star' that everyone seems to see and this so called scrappy side that is anything more than the odd rash tackle.

I've seen worse players but the praise he gets from our fans is absolutely ridiculously unjustified IMO, he had about 4/5 decent games before stupidly getting himself sent off against Hull and missing the rest of the season through injury whilst the team remained the inconsistent crock of shite that it was, and he's hailed as a saviour lol

He doesn't seem a bad bloke but I'm sorry, fvcking hell, if people seriously think Neil Danns is the answer to games like yesterday then I despair, he offered no more than King/Drinkwater.

If you can find the time to get your head out of your arse, read this thread and it seems like my point (fans loving him) was quite justified. Then if you can manage it, please give me your expert opinion on what's different now.

lol lol

And you say I can be touchy!

Danns is your 'favourite player'?

lol

lol lol

And you say I can be touchy!

Danns is your 'favourite player'?

lol

No, not Danns.

Anyway, seems you can't come up with the goods. Can't say I'm surprised. Keep on trolling.

He aint coming back.

I dont want to get involved in two peeps argument, but Bert, are you saying Danns should be in the first team or just part of the squad? And Col, do you think he's just plain gash and should never return?

Personally, I think if he'd be happy to be a squad boy then i'd have him but he wants first team action I cant see a scenario where i'd move aside DD, King or James for him.

He aint coming back.

I dont want to get involved in two peeps argument, but Bert, are you saying Danns should be in the first team or just part of the squad? And Col, do you think he's just plain gash and should never return?

Personally, I think if he'd be happy to be a squad boy then i'd have him but he wants first team action I cant see a scenario where i'd move aside DD, King or James for him.

I've made it clear mate.. I'd like Danns in the squad, yes, as an option. Not cos I follow him on Twitter though.

lol

He aint coming back.

Not starting, but worthy of a squad place.

Come on Bert get a grip mate and stop bumming Danns. He isn't good enough for Leicester City football club, if he was and we still loaned him out, then someone like Crystal Palace would of came in for him or Leeds; however he has ended up at Bristol City who happen to be on the fringes of the relegation zone level on points with the teams in 22nd and 23rd place. Pearson don't rate him so sell the guy, he is not the answer, same applies to Wellens DO NOT BRING THOSE TWO BACK IN THE MIX. They don't deserve it, we have better and we can buy better.

I agree with everything Dan says about Neil Danns, it may be a bit of a rant, but he is 100% spot on.

Come on Bert get a grip mate and stop bumming Danns. He isn't good enough for Leicester City football club, if he was and we still loaned him out, then someone like Crystal Palace would of came in for him or Leeds; however he has ended up at Bristol City who happen to be on the fringes of the relegation zone level on points with the teams in 22nd and 23rd place. Pearson don't rate him so sell the guy, he is not the answer, same applies to Wellens DO NOT BRING THOSE TWO BACK IN THE MIX. They don't deserve it, we have better and we can buy better.

I agree with everything Dan says about Neil Danns, it may be a bit of a rant, but he is 100% spot on.

Person doesn't rate him yet he constantly tried to sign him for Hull? Seems legit.

The only reason he is loaned out is he's on too much money to be at this club.

Person doesn't rate him yet he constantly tried to sign him for Hull? Seems legit.

The only reason he is loaned out is he's on too much money to be at this club.

If he rated him, why isn't Pearson playing him?

I bet St Ledger, Kasper and Nuge are on more or nearly the same amount of money as Danns yet they still get played.

To be honest, I only think we ought to bring back Danns because I don't think we have particularly strong other options.

I have tried to say, right from the start of the season, that I didn't think our midfield was going to be as good as it could be.

King can be excellent or rubbish...

Drinky is energetic but not a particularly gifted midfielder..

James... Really don't know....

Marshall... Hasn't exploded onto the scene as I thought he would...

Knocky.... Blows hot and cold

Dyer.... Superb if the team plays well, don't offer much if we don't.

I agree with KingFox... I'd like a midfielder who just concentrates on his defensive duties, breaks up opposition play and let's the creative men get on with it.

I thought it last season, pre-season and still think it.

Especially away from home.

I'm not "bumming" him. Believe it or not, I actually am allowed an opinion. Not said he should be our first choice cm but that he's worthy of a squad place.

Again, last season especially the second half of it, the majority of fans were raving about him, so what's changed since then? He's started once (?) for us, albeit he had a shocker, but if that's what people are basing the fact he's apparently rubbish on, then why aren't they saying the same about everyone else after one bad game?

He's ended up at Bristol City because the club will only let them go to certain championship clubs.

You're right about Pearson not rating him though, what was he thinking when he was trying to sign him for Hull and then making him Captain in games last year?

I'm not "bumming" him. Believe it or not, I actually am allowed an opinion. Not said he should be our first choice cm but that he's worthy of a squad place.

Again, last season especially the second half of it, the majority of fans were raving about him, so what's changed since then? He's started once (?) for us, albeit he had a shocker, but if that's what people are basing the fact he's apparently rubbish on, then why aren't they saying the same about everyone else after one bad game?

He's ended up at Bristol City because the club will only let them go to certain championship clubs.

You're right about Pearson not rating him though, what was he thinking when he was trying to sign him for Hull and then making him Captain in games last year?

Everyone are entitled to opinions but I don't agree.

To me he is not the answer, he is nothing special, he runs around like a headless chicken half the time, you can't fault his energy and his willingness to tackle, but apart from that he does bugger all. He is 30 years old, and Pearson obviously favours his younger players, and to be honest I don't blame him.

I couldn't give a monkeys, if Pearson tried to sign him for Hull or made him captain in some games last season, we are not in the 11/12 season anymore, where is Danns now, oh that's right on loan to Bristol City and not in Pearson's plans.

Regardless if he came back and was given another chance, I would prefer King, Drinkwater and James over him.

Everyone are entitled to opinions but I don't agree.

To me he is not the answer, he is nothing special, he runs around like a headless chicken half the time, you can't fault his energy and his willingness to tackle, but apart from that he does bugger all. He is 30 years old, and Pearson obviously favours his younger players, and to be honest I don't blame him.

I couldn't give a monkeys, if Pearson tried to sign him for Hull or made him captain in some games last season, we are not in the 11/12 season anymore, where is Danns now, oh that's right on loan to Bristol City and not in Pearson's plans.

Regardless if he came back and was given another chance, I would prefer King, Drinkwater and James over him.

Tell me who has said he's the answer? With actual quotations.

Danns is good enough and he was one of our best players when he was in the team every week. The only chance he's had this time is the Burton game which everyone under performed in.

I think it's at least possible he's the answer .... yes he runs around like a headless chicken (I thought everyone loved that (Waggy et al)) but he's also willing to put a foot in ... which is what we seem to lack.

As usual It seems to point to NP's stubbornness - you've questioned me now you're out ..... If option A is going well then fab, but too stubborn for option B.

I cetainly wasn't loving Danns last year. I thought the same then as I do now. He's rash in the tackle and gives the ball away to much. If he's an improvement on what we have now we might as well all agree that we aren't good enough to go up.

Danns is good enough and he was one of our best players when he was in the team every week. The only chance he's had this time is the Burton game which everyone under performed in.

Unfortunately no. He wasn't one of our best players, in the first half of the 2011/2012 season he was woeful. Second half of the season he improved, and had a good run of impressive games, but still like Drinkwater was when we brought him in January, they were both very inconsistent in their performances. One week they would be up, a game or a couple of games later they would offer nothing and put in a bad performance.

In my opinion I think Pearson prefers Drinkwater, King and James over Danns because of age and quality.

Tell me who has said he's the answer? With actual quotations.

Many fans have said they would like him back, and given another chance, including yourself, why should quotations matter.

Yeah one of our best players yet our midfield got dominated game after game last season and we could barely string a pass together. Plus his discipline isn't good enough.

Archived