Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wilson_6

Danns off to Bristol City on loan

Don't you think all managers want that? Just because we don't have it doesn't mean it's not wanted.

The fact is it's just not feasible really is it unless money is no object. If you have a £15m budget and and want even ability throughout the squad that realistically means spreading the cash evenly over all players which means you could end up with 22 players of equal value and ability.

The drawback to that is the fact that it could mean a lower quality first 11. So you top load the squad with quality meaning the first 11 are of greater ability and the back up not so much. This is what almost every team in the world does and had to do because money does not grow on trees.

It doesn't grow on trees it grows in Thai duty free shops!!!!

None of us know the answer to this because we're not privvy to the information ..... but either the owners have gone from splashing almost unlimited cash to keeping it quiet tight ..... OR the manager chooses to have a tight squad ..... I think it's the latter - there's money there but he chooses to not spend. You think the opposite .... Who knows who's right!!?

It doesn't grow on trees it grows in Thai duty free shops!!!!

None of us know the answer to this because we're not privvy to the information ..... but either the owners have gone from splashing almost unlimited cash to keeping it quiet tight ..... OR the manager chooses to have a tight squad ..... I think it's the latter - there's money there but he chooses to not spend. You think the opposite .... Who knows who's right!!?

"We still have invested money into the squad. I think we have invested it more wisely. But also the timescale for FFP means clubs have to formulate a workable business plan.

"The owners have been very supportive in how we have constructed the squad but, by the same score, there are areas we have had to look at as well. I am under no illusions about that. The margins are very small."

"The FFP will be something that will affect an awful lot of clubs, It is something that will be introduced to try and make football function in a slightly more responsible manner."

"We have made investments and we have got a decent squad. I know it is smaller but it is decent and there are an awful lot of good players.

There will be a lot of clubs out there who will be thinking about how they manage themselves better. We have a responsibility to do that but also to deliver success."

Nigel Pearson 6 weeks ago.

"We still have invested money into the squad. I think we have invested it more wisely. But also the timescale for FFP means clubs have to formulate a workable business plan.

"The owners have been very supportive in how we have constructed the squad but, by the same score, there are areas we have had to look at as well. I am under no illusions about that. The margins are very small."

"The FFP will be something that will affect an awful lot of clubs, It is something that will be introduced to try and make football function in a slightly more responsible manner."

"We have made investments and we have got a decent squad. I know it is smaller but it is decent and there are an awful lot of good players.

There will be a lot of clubs out there who will be thinking about how they manage themselves better. We have a responsibility to do that but also to deliver success."

Nigel Pearson 6 weeks ago.

Hadn't heard or read that before. So when do the FFP rules actually apply?

FFP shouldn't be an excuse for not spending ,of course spend within your means the prem jackpot is £100m plus the prem tv rights deals so a lot of wonga to be gained, no one is suggesting go manic ala Sven but come January I expect to bring in a striker, plus another player or two to push us onwards to get that elusive automatic promotion spot come the end of the season.

Hadn't heard or read that before. So when do the FFP rules actually apply?

It was in the Mercury, I found the article just by searching for Pearson and FFP. I had mentioned the article a few times previously.

They come into effect at the end of this financial year I believe. I think foxblogger said we are set to fail the first text. Realistically that's no going to have an impact on us, but the club has obviously had to start cutting back. Otherwise if you keep buying expensive players on long contracts come the time transfer bans and fines start happening you'll be screwed.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/150384-neil-danns/

What d'ya reckon ?? £1m ?? £2m ?? A packet of Monster Munch and a can of Um Bongo ?? Don't think that he'd really want to sign permanently for Bristol bleedin' City, would he ?? Oh, how the mighty have fallen lol

He is hardly a big name superstar, he was playing for a relatively poor palace side 18 months ago, Bristol city is probably a good place for him, he can be the big fish in a small pond, playing week in week out.

Good luck to him he he does go.

Win-win really if he's going to play well, reviews from yesterday sound pretty good, I spoke to a mate whos a Boro fan and he also thought Danns played excellently. So either he plays well enough to get back into contention for us, or he plays well and we make a few quid and offload his wages.

Win-win really if he's going to play well, reviews from yesterday sound pretty good, I spoke to a mate whos a Boro fan and he also thought Danns played excellently. So either he plays well enough to get back into contention for us, or he plays well and we make a few quid and offload his wages.

This...

Danns in 'Looks like a very handy championship player' non shocker.

This one still baffles me.

What is baffling you?

Most people on here know that he is a decent championship player, but he is 30 and it is highly unlikely he is going to be anything more than decent at this level, we have ambitions to play in the premiership and we have young players like Drinkwater, King and maybe James that are already 'very handy at this level' and do actually seem capable of making that step up.

What NP has done is invest in young players that will get better as the team progresses.

What is baffling you?

Most people on here know that he is a decent championship player, but he is 30 and it is highly unlikely he is going to be anything more than decent at this level, we have ambitions to play in the premiership and we have young players like Drinkwater, King and maybe James that are already 'very handy at this level' and do actually seem capable of making that step up.

What NP has done is invest in young players that will get better as the team progresses.

Bang on mate. Only loaning our players to teams in the bottom half of the table is genius as well as it will hopefully lead to points being taken off some of our rivals. Gally to Peterborough next please!

What is baffling you?

What is baffling me is why he is not at least on the bench for my team... Leicester City.

And I think you need to check the threads on here lately about Danns mate, because a lot of people in here have been saying he is shit, which he isn't.

What is baffling me is why he is not at least on the bench for my team... Leicester City.

And I think you need to check the threads on here lately about Danns mate, because a lot of people in here have been saying he is shit, which he isn't.

Same as Beckford mate. Danns is gone for the meantime.

I must have said this soooooo many times now. Certain players play for certain managers.

I agree with you, I think Danns isn't a bad player. But he'd probably play well elsewhere, return to City and play not so well... Same as Beckford.

The best thing we could probably do is to sell the pair to the highest bidder.

People calling him shit are only doing so in reaction to people calling him great and our best player last season, both are wrong, he is not shit, he is not great, he is an average to decent championship player whose style of play doesn't fit ours this season.

I would much rather have James on the bench for 2 reasons as I think there is a much greater chance of him becoming a premiership player in the next few year than Danns, and he is more of a like for like replacement for King or Drinkwater in case one gets injured.

(He is also supposed to be able to cover at the back but I haven't seen that yet).

Danns' strengths are not something we lack, passion, energy, commitment, drive...

But his weaknesses could really de-rail our game plan, sloppy passing and ball retention, gives away cheap free kicks and gets caught out of position.

James may not be as good as Danns overall, but he is a much better replacement for the midfield in our system, and has the potential to get much better, best thing for all concerned is for Danns to move on, I am sure he will be more of a success at a club like Bristol City than he ever will be here.

People calling him shit are only doing so in reaction to people calling him great and our best player last season, both are wrong, he is not shit, he is not great, he is an average to decent championship player whose style of play doesn't fit ours this season.

I would much rather have James on the bench for 2 reasons as I think there is a much greater chance of him becoming a premiership player in the next few year than Danns, and he is more of a like for like replacement for King or Drinkwater in case one gets injured.

(He is also supposed to be able to cover at the back but I haven't seen that yet).

Danns' strengths are not something we lack, passion, energy, commitment, drive...

But his weaknesses could really de-rail our game plan, sloppy passing and ball retention, gives away cheap free kicks and gets caught out of position.

James may not be as good as Danns overall, but he is a much better replacement for the midfield in our system, and has the potential to get much better, best thing for all concerned is for Danns to move on, I am sure he will be more of a success at a club like Bristol City than he ever will be here.

I disagree, Danns is a very good Championship player.

I also disagree about James, who offers nothing of any significant benefit to the side for me.

I also disagree with the comments that Dann's has played well for others and not for us, i've seen him play outstanding games in a foxes shirt.

Football is a game of opinions and I don't agree with Danns being frozen out.... sent out to pasture... but there we go, and there's no point debating it because my opinion is different to yours / others so it's just a circular argument with no possibility of agreeing.

I disagree, Danns is a very good Championship player.

Is this the career record of a 30 year old very good championship midfielder? I'm not sure about that. His stand out season was the season before he joined us where palace struggled at the bottom of the league... look whats happened after he left.

He's alright, and as I said before I think he can offer something to us. But the reality is this, the league table with and without him.

I appreciate there are far more factors involved that just Neil Danns, but if he's very good then King and Drinkwater must be out of this world.

Don't know if I'm the only one that's noticed this, but when Danns was out of the team, and Stringer was asking Pearson questions regarding why, he often alluded to team ethic, working hard and waiting for your chance. Recently in interviews Pearson has attributed the good results to having a group of players with the right attitude and who want to be at the club.

Reading between the lines, there's something that Pearson saw in Danns that he didn't think fitted into the collective spirit of the group and so he's shipped him out. My guess would be that Danns perhaps thinks he's a bit better than he is and didn't display a good attitude when out of the team (and when in it didn't display the right ability). I don't think we'll see Danns back in a Leicester shirt. It's all very well tweeting the right things and playing the "I don't know what I've done to lose my place but I'll work hard to get it back, thanks for all of your support" card, but if Danns hasn't conducted himself to that end around Pearson then there will be no room for him within Pearson's team.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived