Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wilson_6

Danns off to Bristol City on loan

Unfortunately no. He wasn't one of our best players, in the first half of the 2011/2012 season he was woeful. Second half of the season he improved, and had a good run of impressive games, but still like Drinkwater was when we brought him in January, they were both very inconsistent in their performances. One week they would be up, a game or a couple of games later they would offer nothing and put in a bad performance.

In my opinion I think Pearson prefers Drinkwater, King and James over Danns because of age and quality.

Many fans have said they would like him back, and given another chance, including yourself, why should quotations matter.

Because you're claiming people have said he's the answer. So prove it?

Saying he's the answer and wanting him back for another chance/being worthy of a squad place are completely different things.

Because you're claiming people have said he's the answer. So prove it?

Saying he's the answer and wanting him back for another chance/being worthy of a squad place are completely different things.

Roam the threads Bert, quite a few think he is the answer and some would like to see him be given another chance.

People who think he is the answer clearly want him in the side.

And people who think he is worthy of another chance clearly want him in the side.

Unfortunately no. He wasn't one of our best players, in the first half of the 2011/2012 season he was woeful. Second half of the season he improved, and had a good run of impressive games, but still like Drinkwater was when we brought him in January, they were both very inconsistent in their performances. One week they would be up, a game or a couple of games later they would offer nothing and put in a bad performance.

In my opinion I think Pearson prefers Drinkwater, King and James over Danns because of age and quality.

Many fans have said they would like him back, and given another chance, including yourself, why should quotations matter.

No shit thats why Danns is out on loan, I'd like to see him get a chance again and imo James should never get the nod over Danns.

Roam the threads Bert, quite a few think he is the answer and some would like to see him be given another chance.

People who think he is the answer clearly want him in the side.

And people who think he is worthy of another chance clearly want him in the side.

You're good at stating the obvious.

No shit thats why Danns is out on loan, I'd like to see him get a chance again and imo James should never get the nod over Danns.

Why highlight that bit, when I added more on the end of the sentence?

What has James done wrong, is he a new scapegoat or something, James is a tidy midfielder who does a lot of the boring things you expect from a midfielder very well. He get's stuck in, he can pass, he can link well, and he can break and start attacks. Something a midfielder like him should do, and I have found all his appearances at home really impressive, it's away from home where he struggles but to say he offers nothing is ludicrous.

James > Danns, any day, anytime, any week.

Bring back Danny Tiatto and lets have some proper tackling! It's blood and guts we're missing. Winter wonderlands behind the Kop? Forget em. We need an ampitheatre with gladiators fighting tigers with tridents plus hangings and stonings on Saturday mornings to bring the crowds back!

Watching City - especially Knockaert - is like watching a novice excuse-me quickstep at the old dance hall in Silver Street back in the 60s. We glide this way and that down blind alleys then fall over ourselves.

We got no goals and no encouragement of any sort from Millwall. I just hope Pearson's cancelled the Christmas party and focused once again on our reason for being. Which is scoring goals and winning football matches - in that order - because you can't win anything with "nil".

lol

James is a tidy midfielder who does a lot of the boring things you expect from a midfielder very well. He get's stuck in, he can pass, he can link well, and he can break and start attacks. .

So in other words he does exactly the same things that King and Drinkwater already do. He is never going to come on and really change anything. He might prove useful if we played with 3 in the middle to outnumber some teams but that of course would mean ditching 442 which Pearson stubbornly refuses to do.

Need to get it off my chest, but what the fvck does everyone see in Neil Danns that I don't?

When did Neil Danns ever improve our displays like yesterday? When did he ever contribute as many assists as the likes of Drinkwater?

He's got a lot of energy and has a decent shot on him, but other than that he offers literally nothing, can't tackle (like some believe he can), his passing isn't good enough, he doesn't create chances, he's poor at retaining the ball, I fail to see this 'star' that everyone seems to see and this so called scrappy side that is anything more than the odd rash tackle.

I've seen worse players but the praise he gets from our fans is absolutely ridiculously unjustified IMO, he had about 4/5 decent games before stupidly getting himself sent off against Hull and missing the rest of the season through injury whilst the team remained the inconsistent crock of shite that it was, and he's hailed as a saviour lol

He doesn't seem a bad bloke but I'm sorry, fvcking hell, if people seriously think Neil Danns is the answer to games like yesterday then I despair, he offered no more than King/Drinkwater.

Agreed 100%

So in other words he does exactly the same things that King and Drinkwater already do. He is never going to come on and really change anything. He might prove useful if we played with 3 in the middle to outnumber some teams but that of course would mean ditching 442 which Pearson stubbornly refuses to do.

I personally think he should ditch the 4-4-2 in some games, not all but some.

He does exactly what Drinkwater and King do, but he does it well, it's not like he performs consistently shit. He is a pretty decent player, who I would happily see start more games especially at home.

Explain...

I'm not too bothered about him not being in the squad but there's no doubting that towards the end of the last season when he had a decent run of games he was one of our best players.

No, he had a couple of good games linking the midfield with attack but then got found out by opposing teams and was utterly dire after that, peeps forget just how bad we were the latter part of last season and were pleased when we started to bring in new players.

The last thing we should do now is go backwards and bring in players that could not cut it last season under both Sven and Pearson, the guy is out on loan for a reason.

Explain...

I'm not too bothered about him not being in the squad but there's no doubting that towards the end of the last season when he had a decent run of games he was one of our best players.

If you bet on an outsider at the races 200 times, it might win a race every now and then. That doesnt mean that horse should go out to stud.

No, he had a couple of good games linking the midfield with attack but then got found out by opposing teams and was utterly dire after that, peeps forget just how bad we were the latter part of last season and were pleased when we started to bring in new players.

The last thing we should do now is go backwards and bring in players that could not cut it last season under both Sven and Pearson, the guy is out on loan for a reason.

The last few games when we were painfully bad Danns was injured.

I never said we should bring him back, I think we're getting on fine without him. I just don't understand why some of ours fans our so anti him.

If you bet on an outsider at the races 200 times, it might win a race every now and then. That doesnt mean that horse should go out to stud.

Right, you're twisting my words. I don't care that he's out on loan, I'm not saying he's our best player and I'm not campaigning for him to come back. Some of our fans just love to get on a players back. I bet you were one of the ones slating Waghorn at the start of the season as well.

The last few games when we were painfully bad Danns was injured.

I never said we should bring him back, I think we're getting on fine without him. I just don't understand why some of ours fans our so anti him.

Because the fan swingometer is entering the red part of the negative graph again because we lost, if we beat cardiff it will swing green and peeps will most likely say nothing needs to change and that so n so is better than sliced bread etc., :xmaswink:

Right, you're twisting my words. I don't care that he's out on loan, I'm not saying he's our best player and I'm not campaigning for him to come back. Some of our fans just love to get on a players back. I bet you were one of the ones slating Waghorn at the start of the season as well.

Nope. If you can be bothered to trawl through you''ll see that.

As far as twisting your words, can you tell me what point you were making as i've obviously got you wrong which I apologise for if so.

Guest BlueBrett

Danns is better than James in my opinion. Ever since somebody called him a poor man's Andy King I just can't seem to shake that impression. Can't be arsed to look up the stats but I'm sure our points return in games where he has featured has been really poor. At the very least Danns offers us something different whereas increasingly the Matty James option seems to be 'less of the same'

Agreed 100%

I say again I think it's because we have so few options, such that when we don't win, Danns' name gets thrown into the mix.

I've tried to say this consistently. Pearson's done so much better than Sven IMO. We now have a team, an ethos if you like. Where I have been disappointed is in that lack of signing a couple of players who are just BETTER than what we have.

Drinky, James, Kingy, Danns.... Who's obviously much better than anyone else? I think you can more or less get a fag paper between em.

Vardy, Waggy, Futacs... Who's obviously the best amongst em... Again they are about on a par with each other.

What disappointed me about Pearson is his indifference regarding going out and signing just a couple of players who are that bit better, who can push us on to the next level. Maybe this is about money? I don't really know.

That's why I'd be reluctant to get Chris Wood. Is he markedly better than what we already have? And that's why Danns' name keeps being mentioned. If King don't play well, who else is there who you would OBVIOUSLY replace him with?

Explain...

Because he had about 4 games where he was good, and I say good, not brilliant. The run when we had Norwich, Derby, Coventry & Bristol City if I remember rightly, before getting sent off at Hull a few games after. In that he scored at Derby/Bristol (Derby was his best game for us) and that was it, he looked a lot better then and that was a lot more what I'd hoped for.

Other than then he's been bang average - bear in mind that we're paying wages that you'd expect someone like Whittingham in the team for, Danns simply doesn't represent value for money in the slightest.

The Hull game was the final one he played due to a stupid red card he picked up and an injury, we really didn't miss him IMO, he offered nothing that would've improved the games against Barnsley/Millwall.

Thing is, it is not so easy to sign a player you want if said player has many options, which they will have if they are good but at the same time not getting ripped off by agents and extravagant fees paid with ridiculous wages.

I remember when we signed Lennon it was between us and Cov who were at that time in the Prem, what swung it for us was Lennon was not convinced by Atkinson?? who i think was their manager at that time, if another Prem club would have come in for him i doubt we'd have got him and who knows where we would be.

I'm guessing if we are looking at any players a lot of top of the table Champ teams, bottom of the table Prem teams will also be looking.

Archived