Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Nugent

Goals in the league are goals.

Goals in the FA Cup are goals.

I know Babylon mentioned JB's goals tally tongue-in-cheek, but for the rest of us, let's not take that too seriously and let's be confident that Nuge can really be that prolific striker we crave for the rest of the season and get more than 20 goals!

9 league goals already for Nugent and we're only in mid November. Could he be that 20 goal striker?

Oh and nine league goals sounds familiar, that's right... It was Mr Beckfords league total from the whole of last season. ;)

Goals in the league are goals.

Goals in the FA Cup are goals.

League goals are league goals, cup goals are not.

I can't be bothered to trawl through my old posts, but I said when we signed him, amidst raised eyebrows all round, that Nuge is our 20-goal man.

He got pretty close last season, and he's well on track this time around. Especially if he takes more penalties... assuming we actually get a call more than once in a blue moon! :ph34r:

I'm sure I remember Nuge saying last season that he never takes penalties? Does anyone else remember him saying that? Or am I imagining it? I was surprised to see him step up yesterday if that was true. Took it well. If he keeps taking them for us there is no reason his aim shouldn't be 20 this season.

I'm sure I remember Nuge saying last season that he never takes penalties? Does anyone else remember him saying that? Or am I imagining it? I was surprised to see him step up yesterday if that was true. Took it well. If he keeps taking them for us there is no reason his aim shouldn't be 20 this season.

No you're not imagining it lol ... But I'm pretty sure I remember him saying he only takes them when he needs to. So, I suppose, with the likes of Gallagher and Marshall not playing it's Nugent's chance to take them.

Some people saying in the championship tread about how most of Glen Murray's goals have been penalties. So as it seems they don't count along with cup goals Nuge is on 8.

Exactly... Any goal scored counts for me, regardless of whether it is a Penalty, a Cup goal or a League goal. Beckford has scored 15 goals for us, most of them are in the cup, so what? They still count.

In fact, didn't Marshall get goal of the season? Or shouldn't that count because it was in the FA Cup against Chelsea?

No you're not imagining it lol ... But I'm pretty sure I remember him saying he only takes them when he needs to. So, I suppose, with the likes of Gallagher and Marshall not playing it's Nugent's chance to take them.

Thanks for confirming. I'm pretty sure he said he had never taken one. I remember being astonished by that fact. If that was true he didn't look at all bothered about taking that one yesterday. Waghorn wanted it as well I think but Nuge overruled him.

Some people saying in the championship tread about how most of Glen Murray's goals have been penalties. So as it seems they don't count along with cup goals Nuge is on 8.

Pens do count, but I don't think it's fair to compare a striker that takes pens with a striker that doesn't. For example if Nuge added Gallagher's pens to his total last season, does that suddenly make him a better player? I don't think it does, but others may disagree.

Archived