Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

Sheff Weds Away Scoreline Prediction

2-0 to us if we get a decent ref. 1-1 if we don't.

Pretty ridiculous statement there. Anyway, City 1-0, Waghorn

If your memory lasts longer than one match it isn't. :mellow:

Ironically, you named Waggy as your single goalscorer. :mellow: :mellow:

Dont count your chickens......

Ipswich were one of the worst teams I had seen play..... they made it easy for us....Wednesday were good away at Forest on Saturday... they are 2 points from the Drop Zone, they are at home, they will be fighting.....

2-1 to Wednesday as I think some of you assume to much

I do hope we can continue with the form we've got at the moment, spirits high after the thrashing of Ipswich last week.

Sheffield Wednesday are undoubtedly a good team but have failed to surprise up to this point.

They lost six of their last ten games and only won twice during that span.

Everton have also recalled Ross Barkley from his loan spell with the Owls, and with one of the three best scorers gone, you wonder how threatening the more likeable of the two professional Sheffield outfits can still be.

I would love to get another three points, but I also know that opposition that lingers in the bottom half of the table usually proves to be a different obstacle altogether.

They'll surely love to slow us down.

Anyway, I predict a 3-1 win to us (depending on whether Nugent is fit or not, though).

Then again, I can see a certain Chris Kirkland having the game of his life against his former employer...

Oh, and say all hello to Joe Mattock. :ph34r:

Yes it will.

He's been by far their best player this season.

He is an exceptional talent and he has mostly played well for us but there would be quite a few Wednesday fans that would argue against that statement. We changed our system to accommodate Barkley and ever since then we've struggled. I think it's just a coincidence, I'm not a big believer in formations making a lot of difference at this level of football, but the amount of points we have won since the change has dropped markedly. Quite a few are glad to see the back of him, but I think our midfield will suffer missing a lad of his talent. He is inconsistent but people need to remember he is only 18. I think we will miss him a lot but others are not too bothered. Personally I don't think all of our problems will be solved if we go back to 4-4-2 we just need to be more clinical in front of goal. We have consistently created more chances than just about everyone we have played this season (both home and away) we are just not taking our chances. At times we have been poor and we have a tendency to shoot ourselves in the foot but we are not a bad side. The margins have been very small in most games we have played, and if we had a clinical striker we would probably be top half or at least pushing just now.

Our most improved player for me (and this is now two seasons running) is our right back Lewis Buxton. His work rate is phenomenal, he can play all across the back 4 due to being comfortable with both feet, he likes to take on players, his crossing is decent, and he wins a fair number of free kicks in good positions. I would find it hard to pick out a player that has been by far our best player though. Antonio in stages has been good, he's like a faster and slightly better (in my opinion) version of Lloyd Dyer. Pace to burn, gives defenders a torrid time, but the end product isn't always there. We have pace and height in our team and we are a big threat from set pieces. Bothroyd takes a mean corner/free kick. We just need a striker and maybe a left back too!

He is an exceptional talent and he has mostly played well for us but there would be quite a few Wednesday fans that would argue against that statement. We changed our system to accommodate Barkley and ever since then we've struggled. I think it's just a coincidence, I'm not a big believer in formations making a lot of difference at this level of football, but the amount of points we have won since the change has dropped markedly. Quite a few are glad to see the back of him, but I think our midfield will suffer missing a lad of his talent. He is inconsistent but people need to remember he is only 18. I think we will miss him a lot but others are not too bothered. Personally I don't think all of our problems will be solved if we go back to 4-4-2 we just need to be more clinical in front of goal. We have consistently created more chances than just about everyone we have played this season (both home and away) we are just not taking our chances. At times we have been poor and we have a tendency to shoot ourselves in the foot but we are not a bad side. The margins have been very small in most games we have played, and if we had a clinical striker we would probably be top half or at least pushing just now.

Our most improved player for me (and this is now two seasons running) is our right back Lewis Buxton. His work rate is phenomenal, he can play all across the back 4 due to being comfortable with both feet, he likes to take on players, his crossing is decent, and he wins a fair number of free kicks in good positions. I would find it hard to pick out a player that has been by far our best player though. Antonio in stages has been good, he's like a faster and slightly better (in my opinion) version of Lloyd Dyer. Pace to burn, gives defenders a torrid time, but the end product isn't always there. We have pace and height in our team and we are a big threat from set pieces. Bothroyd takes a mean corner/free kick. We just need a striker and maybe a left back too!

He must be like Usain Bolt? Dyer is one of the quickest players I've seen. I reckon he is in the best form of his life at the minute.

Archived