Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Sheffield Wednesday Match Thread (A)

Knockaert needs a rest.

He what!! FFS how old is he? I need a rest, Knocky just needs to play football. Needs a rest my arse. When I were a lad, we'd play twice a weekend, usually with a hangover on Sunday mornings! Needs a rest, I've heard it all now.

Hahahahaha.

Knockaert in Sky's team of the week then he gets dropped. Right call though, tbh Col he needs a rest and Marshall deserves a chance to prove himself again, and what better way to do it, than against Sheff Wed the club he was on loan at before us.

Fingers crossed Whitbread can have a solid game, and Schlupp plays a blinder at left-back.

Never do well there, but they are struggling and we should be full of confidence.

Interesting line-up, would love to know Nigel's thinking, Marshall hasn't looked at his best recently, but he is class, may be thinking he is more disciplined for an away match, or he's identified Wednesday's wingers/full backs as their main threat and thinks Marshall would be better at nullifying that threat than Knocky.

Who would've thought people would have been moaning about Marshall being in the team at the start of the season lol

Like as already been said I think he as done it to nullify their wingers, which the Sheff w fans who have come on here have all said to do if we want to stop them scoring .

We will see if person is right by full time, no point moaning about it now and making yourself look silly when Marshall as a Worldie .

He what!! FFS how old is he? I need a rest, Knocky just needs to play football. Needs a rest my arse. When I were a lad, we'd play twice a weekend, usually with a hangover on Sunday mornings! Needs a rest, I've heard it all now.

He hasnt looked his normal self past few games, and I think marshall will be more eager against his old team, and marshall will work harder to help contain wednesdays wingers.

Perhaps he thinks a more traditional 442 will be the best bet to beat Sheff W. and with Knocky the wanderer you don't get that, he might also think that he gets the best from Knocky with Nugent up front.

People complain he hasn't got a plan 2 or is tactically naive yet when he decides to mix it up on the back of his top scorer being out he gets slated.

Perhaps Pearson thinks in the long run, if he can get Dyer, Marshall and Knockaert on top form we stand a great chance of promotion. 2 of the 3 are playing great, and one good performance from Marshall might kick start his form. No better platform for a big performance than against your old club. Bit of a risk maybe but big picture and all that.

Knockaert has been off form for weeks if people are honest. That said Marshall has been all season, but I thought he looked better against Ipswich when he came on.

I know last week on several occasions Knocky had a chance to release someone with an easy ball but tried something much more complicated and to someone in a worse position.

He'll be back!

we have 3 good wingers, they're gonna be rotated. 1 is on fire, 1 is playing his former club... Knocky's not been his absolute best the last couple games and no doubt he'll come on anyway so i'm not particularly distraught

Archived