Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
K1FOX

Atmosphere today.

Just over 25000 me thinks.

Nice to see we've started getting about 24-25000 again in the last couple of games albeit due to the offers the club have put on. But them again since the crowds have gone up slightly our home forms gone down slightly hmmmmmm

Getting everyone standing is for me, no longer an issue,it's getting those who stand at the back to sing in unison that's the problem.

Yea I agree, our standing numbers are normally good. We have too many pockets of over-excited/pissed groups who just have no clue how or when to start a chant.

It sounds stupid but there is an art to starting a chant that everyone joins in on. We used to have a few old boys who started all the chants with a big bellowing voice and everyone joined in. Now the younger lads seem to start them in little groups and fans over the otherside won't know it's started and start their own.

Yea I agree, our standing numbers are normally good. We have too many pockets of over-excited/pissed groups who just have no clue how or when to start a chant.

It sounds stupid but there is an art to starting a chant that everyone joins in on. We used to have a few old boys who started all the chants with a big bellowing voice and everyone joined in. Now the younger lads seem to start them in little groups and fans over the otherside won't know it's started and start their own.

Thats why we need a few lads to step up and take the responsibility to do this. Theres clearly plenty who want to.

Burnley fans were taking the piss on Twitter? Says it all really. If lads were more fussed about creating an atmosphere rather than checking what the opposition thought to our away following on their iPhones then it might go a long way towards improving the atmosphere in the first place.

Good point, good job I was referring to what I saw post-match and was involved in 90% of all songs. Better luck next time.

Not really sure how Burnley fans can comment, they were pure shit and their away following is awful

It is terrible I agree, which makes them taking the piss of ours all the worse IMO.

Thats why we need a few lads to step up and take the responsibility to do this. Theres clearly plenty who want to.

To be fair, Weasel starts off a silly amount every time he's there.

The majority didn't want to know though, yet again.

Good point, good job I was referring to what I saw post-match and was involved in 90% of all songs. Better luck next time.

It is terrible I agree, which makes them taking the piss of ours all the worse IMO.

Hence why I put 'lads' rather than a direct dig at yourself. Wasn't attempting to mug you off, merely a general comment. You shouldn't take things so personally.

Hence why I put 'lads' rather than a direct dig at yourself. Wasn't attempting to mug you off, merely a general comment. You shouldn't take things so personally.

Apologies then, seemed very much aimed at me though if you read it back but fair play if not.

To be fair, Weasel starts off a silly amount every time he's there.

The majority didn't want to know though, yet again.

Try my best, you lose motivation when only the folk you know around you are joining in. Not there often enough these days though, for me it's about knowing what people are gonna join in with, as much as it'd be great to sing "when you're smiling" on a loop for 10 mins, you've gotta be realistic. Songs like 'Ring of Fire', 'We Love You' will get most people going, not a massive fan of either of these, but if you want people joining in it's what you've gotta sing I guess.

Try my best, you lose motivation when only the folk you know around you are joining in. Not there often enough these days though, for me it's about knowing what people are gonna join in with, as much as it'd be great to sing "when you're smiling" on a loop for 10 mins, you've gotta be realistic. Songs like 'Ring of Fire', 'We Love You' will get most people going, not a massive fan of either of these, but if you want people joining in it's what you've gotta sing I guess.

Yeh fully agreed, well lets just say you're not missing a lot. We're a good side now but atmosphere wise, I keep saying it but I'd honestly say this is the worst season for away support since I've been going.

Yeh fully agreed, well lets just say you're not missing a lot. We're a good side now but atmosphere wise, I keep saying it but I'd honestly say this is the worst season for away support since I've been going.

Don't feel like I am either tbh, not heard any stories that have made me think "fvcking wish i'd made that one", Sheff Weds was great, enjoyed our day there even with two overnight stays and forking out £170 to have a roof over my head on the Saturday night.

Its sad when the yanks and now the aussies atmosphere pisses over anything we have here. I say we need more serbs at games...are there any in england???

#

There's a fair few of us that follow Leicester! At Euro 2000, Gary Lineker commented on a Yugoslavia flag he seen when Yugoslavia played Holland that had 'Leicester City FC' written on it! lol

Oh, and foxile5, we're not all racists like you

I went norwich and that day was emense from start to finish lets get all our scarfs out again n get going.

PASS THE WORD TO ALL FANS BRING YOUR SCARFS AND FLAGS TO ALL GAMES AND LETS STEP UP THE TEMPO AGAIN.

I wanna see us like we were at Carrow road every game

You think the scarves created that atmosphere?

There were just as many proper songs that day as there were THAT chant. Indeed that chant got tedious and overworn to the point where noone could be arsed even singing the words.

Our fans were amazing that day, but it was in spite of this song not because of it

Whilst your admittedly lax use of the word irony is intended to imply I was racist, how is that so? I was pointing out fact. Watch the U21 game between England and Serbia and tell me that they are NOT racists? Racism is ingrained in their sports culture, what should I do, not point that out? Is it racist to point out that a group of supporters from a particular country are racists? Could you explain that to me?

In return, here : http://www.dailywrit...-with-examples/

Ok then...

I'm Serb and you have branded me a 'racist willy puller'. I am not a racist like most of the Serbs that I know. So how can your claim that Serbs are 'racist wankers' be true then? It is a totally unfounded accusation based on the actions of a minority group from the sticks in Serbia (Serbians not Serbs - note that). It's the ignorance of people like yourself making complete stereotypes and accusations that have given Serbs a bad name all because you are too quick to jump to conclusions from watching the BBC instead of forming your own opinion because that requires brain cells to do so.

I'm sure I read recently that Sunderland are thinking of banning a group of fans who persistently stand in what is obviously a seated area of the ground? Health and Safety cited I believe.

Could this have a knock-on effect if it happens?

The likes of Ted and Stu would be gutted I would imagine?

I'm sure I read recently that Sunderland are thinking of banning a group of fans who persistently stand in what is obviously a seated area of the ground? Health and Safety cited I believe.

Could this have a knock-on effect if it happens?

The likes of Ted and Stu would be gutted I would imagine?

Yes they did for the spurs game yesturday, but did u see them all standing behind the goal??? I'm guessing the people who got banned for 1 game, where standing where no one else stood, not there singing section

Don't feel like I am either tbh, not heard any stories that have made me think "fvcking wish i'd made that one", Sheff Weds was great, enjoyed our day there even with two overnight stays and forking out £170 to have a roof over my head on the Saturday night.

Sheff Weds was the away of this season without a doubt. Birmingham/Watford not far behind, Watford was a great day but the atmosphere in the ground from our end was utter shite, the train home was what made it brilliant.

Archived