Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
K1FOX

Atmosphere today.

I think Blackburn and Millwall (last 2 seasons) have to be up there with the worst. The only saving aspect of Blackburn was decent celebrations for Vardy's goal(s) (I madly celebrated his 2nd for a good 6/7 seconds before I seen the linesmans flag :ph34r: )

I'm sure I read recently that Sunderland are thinking of banning a group of fans who persistently stand in what is obviously a seated area of the ground? Health and Safety cited I believe.

Could this have a knock-on effect if it happens?

The likes of Ted and Stu would be gutted I would imagine?

My take on that from that FSF link on another thread is that similar to L1 you're not going to be allowed to stand below the steps from the concourse. The affected seats were below the concourse and genuine complaints were raised by season ticket folk who've suddenly had people standing in front of them.

As I understand it there is still standing tolerated in parts of the ground.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, fact of the matter is - for both numbers and noise - we have one of the best fan bases in our division.

Anyone who has been regularly attending matches for 15+ years will know that atmospheres today have been altered by the sterilisation of the game.

I really don't see what's to gain by the constant bashing of our club on this message board.

Of course I'd love to have an atmosphere like Parkhead or Goodison (although, people forget that even grounds such as that fall quiet at times). I attend 50-75% of matches (home and away) have done so since 1994. I stand in L1.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, fact of the matter is - for both numbers and noise - we have one of the best fan bases in our division.

Anyone who has been regularly attending matches for 15+ years will know that atmospheres today have been altered by the sterilisation of the game.

I really don't see what's to gain by the constant bashing of our club on this message board.

Of course I'd love to have an atmosphere like Parkhead or Goodison (although, people forget that even grounds such as that fall quiet at times). I attend 50-75% of matches (home and away) have done so since 1994. I stand in L1.

L1 currently the quietest place to be

:o

Haha, whenever I've seen Everton they've made some noise but I take your point.

My point was coming on to this messageboard and constantly seeing our own fans taking a battering is a bit depressing and entirely unjustified. It's just modern football. It's not nice but unless the safe standing campaign gains some success it won't change.

Haha, whenever I've seen Everton they've made some noise but I take your point.

My point was coming on to this messageboard and constantly seeing our own fans taking a battering is a bit depressing and entirely unjustified. It's just modern football. It's not nice but unless the safe standing campaign gains some success it won't change.

I agree it's depressing. But its justified having a pop at people who have moved to L1 and are then standing in silence, I don't get that at all.

I agree it's depressing. But its justified having a pop at people who have moved to L1 and are then standing in silence, I don't get that at all.

Agree with that. The section certainly seems to have swelled in numbers this year.

I also don't understand people who come to the KP and complain about being the only people singing in, say, the West Stand.

However well L1 does it's comfortably the loudest part of the ground.

If what people are saying is accurate, It is appalling. There have always been the groups of people with their thermos flask and a face like a smacked arse who booed everytime there was a misplaced pass. But literally thousands of fans not giving a shit?

I used to dream of the days of 3-0's and such when i had to endure gary megson's defensive wing back formations. Here we are playing with a bit of flair and scoring freely and people still sit there quiet.

Has anyone actually checked to see if these people actually have a pulse?

Miserable bastards.

Have to agree it was poor today. Is it because of expectation. Or the fact that we can score 6 one week and next week we may lose 1-0 the next. We dont like to get over excited.

5-0 up at filbert st sk1 would have been a party.

The atmosphere was so bad today I took time to scan the crowd on the concourse at half-time carefully and I fear modern football has won. The vast majority of people are not the sort that will sing and make a noise and sing but fall more likely into the flask and blanket brigade regardless of their age.

We came out playing some wonderful football went 1,2 then 3 up and still not loud once the goal celebration finished. It dampened my enjoyment of the game and only ten people joined in any chant started nearby us. Could hear nothing anywhere else in the ground either, I think our fan base is a library now and those of us who want atmosphere ar a very small percentage who may be fighting a losing battle.

But I won't give up, there has to be hope that we can re-ignite some form of passion. Im not sur how but there has to b a way.

The atmosphere wasn't great today in l1 considering the performance. The only thing that will address it is having some sort of fan organisation. It really is a depressing state of affairs the way football has gone in this country.

It was that bad some of the lads behind me were singing " sit down shut up " at our own fans and that's exactly what they did. 6-1 and we could not even get a mexican wave going. I have never seen such a piss poor support for such a brilliant game in all my years of going down the city, If that is how modern football is going you can stuff it. :( :(

Archived