Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
rico

70s Classics

2 minutes ago, Dr Marco said:

Great band ...  seem them live, and nearly ..  very nearly ..  blagged my way backstage to see the little blonde minx in the flesh ...     she was performing in what looked like a black bin liner ...  whooooooo !! ....    :smile:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Tinman said:

Playing The Musician, Leicester, on Friday 19th October - reportedly their last ever tour. 

I've seen them a couple of times in the last decade or so. Still good, though nothing else they did was ever on the level of this song, which blew my mind when it came out (I was 15). One of the great anthems, IMHO.

Barrie Masters (the singer) is the only original member, but the current band have been together for a fair number of years now.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Dr Marco said:

love Neil Young!

After The Goldrush was my introduction to Young when I was a kid, maybe 10 years old or so. That's maybe the reason I still think it's his best album. Harvest seems to be most peoples choice but I prefer Goldrush.

He just goes where the music takes him doesn't he? Maybe he's fortunate that his music has been so loved that he's been able financially to do what he wants but you get the feeling he'd do the same if he was a penniless busker.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Dr Marco said:

I have the album and like a lot of Neil Young's works.  He is one of very few artists that appear to have more than one musical style.  if I didn't know better I wouldn't believe that the singer/songwriter that released classics like Harvest and After the Gold Rush could also produce albums like Weld with Crazy Horse.

• Like 1