Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GingerrrFox

God help us if we ever get back in the Prem!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2260463/Arsenal-fans-protest-extortionate-ticket-prices.html

Imagine forking out that kind of money for a football match? People complain now at away ticket prices. Imagine £62...I mean come on £62?!?!?!?!?!

like i said previously, fans best get used to,it. I mean people moan if tickets are over 20quid here.

Even QPRs are quite bad,i think

Tell me about it my father in law is a bond seat holder at the gunners, his season ticket is 1750 pounds per year, works out to an average 75 pound a game.

What is a 'bond seat' season ticket? Those prices make the man city tickets sound cheap!!

I bet they'll flog that 900 to to tourists etc no problem.

Top flight London Football cant be compared to anything else, as they have an almost endless stream of people who will to pay up and go.

Especially Arsenal and Chelsea.

You cant charge that to see Leicester. Wont happen.

Thank god for sky :-)

-

Yeah, those heroic men of honour, spending our money to secure their monopoly, driving sport off free channels and pumping so much armchair money into football (and cricket, and rugby) that they don't need fans at games any more.

Gawd bless em, the fascist billionaire bastvrds...

just a note about foreign football, i'm currently in holland, and i've been to see the local side who are top of the dutch second division for 12 euros, and seen fortuna dusseldorf who are in the german bundasliga for 16 euros. both of these games i sat in really good seats.

incredibly cheap in comparison. suppose you can argue that the level of football isn't as good, but still

http://www.dailymail...ket-prices.html

Imagine forking out that kind of money for a football match? People complain now at away ticket prices. Imagine £62...I mean come on £62?!?!?!?!?!

As we'd be catagorey C it'd be much less than that. If it's what their prices start at.......which is £25.50, I think that's actually really good.

Although if we do go up prices are obviously going to increase, home and away. It's the nature of sport not just football.

I interesting claim would you like to expand ?

Why ?

You shouldn't need my help to work that one out. If you're wondering why I also blame the customers, everyone who pays a sky sports subscription gave them the money and the power to start creating their sports monopoly. They all have an equal share of blame, albeit unknowingly

You could argue that the Sky money they receive is sufficient to remove the need for charging high prices. The problem with TV exposure was always expected to be a reduction in attendances this doesn't seem to be the case though.

Over paying players in the pursuit of success blindly supported and demanded by so many fans is the main reason for high prices.

You shouldn't need my help to work that one out. If you're wondering why I also blame the customers, everyone who pays a sky sports subscription gave them the money and the power to start creating their sports monopoly. They all have an equal share of blame, albeit unknowingly

No they don't.

I'd like to think that with Pearson's ability to find players with good ability and work ethic without the massive pay demands, if we were to get promoted then the expenses wouldn't increase nearly as much as a club with a big-spender at the helm. Whether or not the board/owners would be kind enough to not double the cost of tickets remains to be seen, but it's pretty well run at the moment, hence the good average attendances we have currently

I'd fully expect tickets to go from £15-£25 up to £25-£40 (maybe for the top fixtures - Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal) but I'd be amazed if overnight we're charging Arsenal prices - they're notorious for overcharging, but their pedigree and large following means they'll still sell. I imagine the owners would realise that charging £60+ for almost any fixture would result in Coventry-like attendances and would make the club look ridiculous

The issues in British Football relating to the financing of the game good long way before sky came on the screen. You have given an opinion, fair enough, some what misguided on my view

Archived