Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Attendance For Middlesborough

I only used Monday night as an example, as the Premier League rarely play on Fridays if at all. It was the closest comparison

my point was we will sell out most games if we ever went up. Sold out with the same fans who cant be arsed to turn up for a game with very similar circumstances albeit in a lower leafue. Hiding behind basically crappy excuses, 'its on Friday, i cant go out after' or 'its on tv so whats the point' ? Good job not every fan has that attitude else we wouldn't have the sport we do in its current capacity

I think we'd sell out in the Prem whether its Wigan at home or Man Utd at home

I don't think we'll sell out as much as you'd think. Prices will go up. Our form will be poor at times and we'll be playing clubs like Wigan and Swansea every now and again, I can't see us selling out for them at the prices that I expect we will have to pay. I'd have thought Southampton would sell out almost every game this season but they haven't.

But again, I don't know why you're angry that we'd get higher attendances in the Premiership. That is inevitable no matter which club you are.

I don't think we'll sell out as much as you'd think. Prices will go up. Our form will be poor at times and we'll be playing clubs like Wigan and Swansea every now and again, I can't see us selling out for them at the prices that I expect we will have to pay. I'd have thought Southampton would sell out almost every game this season but they haven't.

But again, I don't know why you're angry that we'd get higher attendances in the Premiership. That is inevitable no matter which club you are.

Im not angry, we have the potential to attract 26k regular fans every game in this league. It just doesn't happen though. If fans are consistent with their grounds for not attending its fair enough, but had the boro game been at 3pm on Saturday more people would predict better attendances. Every other excuse though is its a Friday night! I love 3pm kick offs for being traditional, but there cant be a better ko time than friday night imo

Im not angry, we have the potential to attract 26k regular fans every game in this league. It just doesn't happen though. If fans are consistent with their grounds for not attending its fair enough, but had the boro game been at 3pm on Saturday more people would predict better attendances. Every other excuse though is its a Friday night! I love 3pm kick offs for being traditional, but there cant be a better ko time than friday night imo

But a lot of people go out on the piss on Friday night, not many people do that on a Saturday afternoon.

There was a time where we did have the potential to get those sort of crowds but not now, not with ticket prices as they are, with people having already been put off long term.

Pisses me off though because when we play the likes of man u and man city next season ( :whistle:), you can guarentee that it would be a complete sellout, regardless of the day, cost or tv coverage. Where are these so called "fans" now?

I think we'd sell a serious number of season tickets in the Premiership, people wanting to secure their tickets for the big games and all that, if prices didn't take the piss and/or decent benefits were offered.

I'm not sure we'd sell out every game, but I do think we'd average around 28k in the Premiership.

But a lot of people go out on the piss on Friday night, not many people do that on a Saturday afternoon.

There was a time where we did have the potential to get those sort of crowds but not now, not with ticket prices as they are, with people having already been put off long term.

Exactly its all to do with priorities. you gladly ditch your piss up plans grateful that we have a massive chance of promotion this time.

For people living in leicester, an evening game means they could be on the piss by 1030 anyway.

Though I'd question the loyalty of a fan who'd say the football is too costly yet then blows 100 quid a night on the town

Exactly its all to do with priorities. you gladly ditch your piss up plans grateful that we have a massive chance of promotion this time.

For people living in leicester, an evening game means they could be on the piss by 1030 anyway.

Though I'd question the loyalty of a fan who'd say the football is too costly yet then blows 100 quid a night on the town

That is one pricey night lol

A night out is probably only marginally more expensive than the football. I never spend more than 45 quid and usually only spend around 30.

The thing is though you're missing the point, we haven't got 30,000 loyal fans, a lot of people (I'd say most young people in this city) would rather go out than go to the football. Personally I think both are usually a disappointment these days and would rather keep the little money I have.

It's not like anyone's trying to pull the wool over your eyes, for a lot of people Leicester City are an afterthought. So yes it is all about priorities, it always has been.

That is one pricey night lol

A night out is probably only marginally more expensive than the football. I never spend more than 45 quid and usually only spend around 30.

The thing is though you're missing the point, we haven't got 30,000 loyal fans, a lot of people (I'd say most young people in this city) would rather go out than go to the football. Personally I think both are usually a disappointment these days and would rather keep the little money I have.

It's not like anyone's trying to pull the wool over your eyes, for a lot of people Leicester City are an afterthought. So yes it is all about priorities, it always has been.

100 quid is pretty much the norm isn't it?!

I think the days of us selling out in the Premiership at home to sides like Wigan on weekenights are long gone.

Combination of a lot of things, standard of PL not as good, ticket prices will be ridiculous (You could get a seat for £19 last time we were in the Prem), live streaming everywhere, I think we would still sell out the big games but I think we'd average about 27k.

We've probably got a slightly lower support level to Southampton, they averaged 26,500 in this league last year and they have added 3,000 onto this year so far but arent selling out every game.

I don't think the Bristol City game was on TV. Wasn't it originally moved because of a Tigers game? I'm not 100% on that though, so correct me If I am wrong.

As good as the offer is, to many people (maybe too many), it's not as tempting as watching it for free in the comfort of your own home or at the pub with a good pint in your hand!

I'd just like to draw everyone's attention to what is currently our highest attendance of the season - 25,913 against Huddersfield.

Do people really think we're going to top that on a weekday with Sky prancing around with their cameras? Admittedly, Friday is perhaps the best of the weekdays but it still seems rather unlikely that we'll get close to our highest attendance this season.

I'll go for 23-24k, a little above our average this season.

I'd just like to draw everyone's attention to what is currently our highest attendance of the season - 25,913 against Huddersfield.

Do people really think we're going to top that on a weekday with Sky prancing around with their cameras? Admittedly, Friday is perhaps the best of the weekdays but it still seems rather unlikely that we'll get close to our highest attendance this season.

I'll go for 23-24k, a little above our average this season.

6 points later, 2 places higher, 9 goals better off with 2 games less to go, yeh I think we should be beating the Huddersfield attendance

Archived