Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Attendance For Middlesborough

Was definitely a pie and pint offer.

I remember moaning about season ticket holders not benefiting from it and the bloke behind me offered me his saying that he doesn't drink and he'd just had his dinner :D

I'm not sure it's true but that night someone told me the season ticket holders had to give a voucher out the back of the season ticket to claim the pie and pint. That was our last season of those booklets with the alphabet at the back that we never used.

But seeing as this time we need to cough up a fiver for the offer I'm not sure that was true back then.

I'm amazed to see people's predictions on here when this place is usually the only self congratulatory 'our fans are brilliant' site you find us on!

It's from one extreme to the other!

If we can't muster more than 23k whilst third in the league, on a Friday night (which are decent match days) against a team we're level pegging with, going in to what is becoming the business end part of the season then it's an embarassment!

That's the way times are though. You know attendances do not have the potential they had 2 or 3 seasons ago.

I do think we should be getting 25K, but it is on TV, don't underestimate the difference that makes.

I think we could be looking at a very decent attendance.

Pie and a pint offer. Friday night not as bad as Sunday mid-day kick off imo. Just hammered Bristol City away. Chris Wood :wub: And the opportunity to go 2nd.

Although, the Boro end will be fairly empty I reckon.

It's a Friday night on tv and it'll be fúcking freezing. Say what you like about shit excuses and the like but those three things alone will convince quite a few to watch in the pub for free.

There were a fair few in the hull end. Capacity of 25,400. Attendance of 16,531. Would be embarrassed at that.

What does the capacity have to do with anything if they're not filling it. 16,531 is 16,351 which whilst not a bad attendence, isn't great. I would be very disappointed if we were anywhere near as low as that.

EDIT: Thought you said that you WOULDN'T be embarrassed by that. Sorry. So yeah, I agree that it would be very poor for us.

What does the capacity have to do with anything if they're not filling it. 16,531 is 16,351 which whilst not a bad attendence, isn't great. I would be very disappointed if we were anywhere near as low as that.

Think he was just responding to a previous poster saying the Hull ground was "rammed" or something. 16k in a 25k stadium is anything but rammed.

Don't see anymore than 500 from Boro. .sky, Friday night, cost and defeat today. 22k tops.

Agree. Some of the predictions on here are just mental.

And, if I'm honest, it wouldn't be that bad an attendance in the circumstances. TV is a killer at this level, and Boro fans aren't going to make the long journey.

Bear in mind the economic circumstances, and I don't see why it would be 'embarrasing' to get that kind of number.

Agree. Some of the predictions on here are just mental.

And, if I'm honest, it wouldn't be that bad an attendance in the circumstances. TV is a killer at this level, and Boro fans aren't going to make the long journey.

Bear in mind the economic circumstances, and I don't see why it would be 'embarrasing' to get that kind of number.

It'd be embarassing because i assure you if we ever get to the Premier League, there'll be times we play on a Monday night on tv where we would sell out

It'd be embarassing because i assure you if we ever get to the Premier League, there'll be times we play on a Monday night on tv where we would sell out

One thing about Sky is I look forward to the MNF game, but I hope we wouldn't get many if we went up.

First day back at work and at night I'm usually shagged out, Tuesday night games are starting to be a killer now!

Must be an age thing.

That's the way times are though. You know attendances do not have the potential they had 2 or 3 seasons ago.

I do think we should be getting 25K, but it is on TV, don't underestimate the difference that makes.

I really can't believe football has declined in two years as to the point where there could be 2-3k less than for a similar fixture two years ago

Even if that was the case, our circumstances from our last pie and pint offer, on friday night on tv couldn't be much different to this Friday.

That time, it was further towards the end of the season, but a win that night wouldve kept us in touch with the playoffs, which is what happened.

This friday could see us go second with the best squad we've had in years, putting a bit of breathing space between the rest of the chasing pack. Its also, i think, one of the last of the cirrent top 6 that will come to our ground this season

Boro won't bring many. They never do. But for us. I'm well looking forward to an early finish at work. Few beers and a game of footy. What a way to start the w/e.

I know it wont be a popular statement but if i cant have a sat 3pm ko i reckon fri night is much better than a sunday or monday.

One thing about Sky is I look forward to the MNF game, but I hope we wouldn't get many if we went up.

First day back at work and at night I'm usually shagged out, Tuesday night games are starting to be a killer now!

Must be an age thing.

I only used Monday night as an example, as the Premier League rarely play on Fridays if at all. It was the closest comparison

my point was we will sell out most games if we ever went up. Sold out with the same fans who cant be arsed to turn up for a game with very similar circumstances albeit in a lower leafue. Hiding behind basically crappy excuses, 'its on Friday, i cant go out after' or 'its on tv so whats the point' ? Good job not every fan has that attitude else we wouldn't have the sport we do in its current capacity

If we were playing a really big club maybe, but surely that is just stating the obvious?

I really can't believe football has declined in two years as to the point where there could be 2-3k less than for a similar fixture.

Even if that was the case, our circumstances from our last pie and pint offer, on friday night on tv couldn't be much different to this Friday.

That time, it was further towards the end of the season, but a win that night wouldve kept us in touch with the playoffs, which is what happened.

This friday could see us go second with the best squad we've had in years, putting a bit of breathing space between the rest of the chasing pack. Its also, i think, one of the last of the cirrent top 6 that will come to our ground this season

We'll see. I'd love us to have a big crowd but realistically things aren't what they used to be. 10 years ago we were getting 30K for games against Gillingham and Rotherham. Times change, and with all the different factors and how attendances have been this season I wouldn't be surprised if it was about 23K.

If I'm being hopeful I'd say 25K.

Archived