Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FreddieFox

Disappointment in Chris Wood!

Chris Wood has had such a fantastic start to his career at Leicester, expectation is mounting so high that most will be disappointed now when he doesn't score.....which is an incredible situation to be in!

I was just wondering how a run of games without scoring may affect the lad? Any thoughts?

Chris Wood has had such a fantastic start to his career at Leicester, expectation is mounting so high that most will be disappointed now when he doesn't score.....which is an incredible situation to be in!

I was just wondering how a run of games without scoring may affect the lad? Any thoughts?

He's only played against Huddersfield Burton and Bristol, all of which are poor quality. You can only score against who you're playing, but hopefully expectations won't mount too highly. He's definitely a natural goal scorer though. All of his goals have proven that so far. Well taken ones and goal poachers ones.

Call the moan-in on Monday. You'd fit the bill with so much negativity.

Every striker will go through a patch where they don't score. Nugent is going through it now and it must be hurting, so to speak, to see a new striker banging them in left, right and centre. BUT, we have characters in the team who are driven, motivated, hungry to do well. So if Chris Wood doesn't score for a few games, I'm sure he'll be fine and still work for the team, as all players should.

Now, enjoy the moment that Wood has helped us get in and not worry about any scoring drought he may or may not come across!

Call the moan-in on Monday. You'd fit the bill with so much negativity.

Every striker will go through a patch where they don't score. Nugent is going through it now and it must be hurting, so to speak, to see a new striker banging them in left, right and centre. BUT, we have characters in the team who are driven, motivated, hungry to do well. So if Chris Wood doesn't score for a few games, I'm sure he'll be fine and still work for the team, as all players should.

Now, enjoy the moment that Wood has helped us get in and not worry about any scoring drought he may or may not come across!

In the highlights after wood's 3rd goal, you can tell by nuge's facial expression that hes thinking "He just doesnt stop does he".

Hope nuge gets scoring again as him and wood are brilliant together.

So true Mooseface, boo him unless he scores, it will make him work harder and will let the players know we mean business. If he doesn't score in the next game I think we should sell him back to West Brom for £20m and get Jerome Thomas and Dorrans in exchange. Then we can buy a real target man like Akinfenwa. He has a huge bum and will knock other players out of the way too.

haha i think beckford would have scored 4 in that game :ph34r: . and beckford, didnt disappoint, he was shit when he wasnt and even when he was scoring , :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Whats with all those ninjas?

So true Mooseface, boo him unless he scores, it will make him work harder and will let the players know we mean business. If he doesn't score in the next game I think we should sell him back to West Brom for £20m and get Jerome Thomas and Dorrans in exchange. Then we can buy a real target man like Akinfenwa. He has a huge bum and will knock other players out of the way too.

Mooseface? :thumbup:

I thought this would be taken out of context. I suppose I was asking what might we expect of this guy? Obviously he can't keep this rate of scoring up....nobody can!

He's young and has a multitude of potential, thus far, and I'm just hoping there is a sense of realism about expectation. As for now I'm riding the Wood train like everybody else and I see it as exciting times. The last time I felt like this was under the stewardship of MON (possibly under Adams when we came runners up to Pompey).

All players go through patches without goals like nug at moment lets hope when woodsy hits his low nug is on fire and hopfully teams around us will start to faulter like saturday come on 2pounts off autos beat boro put the presure on

The one thing about Chris Wood is his hold up play and awareness to see opportunities for other players who may be in a better opportunity to score is spot on if he doesn't score you can guarantee he will be creating chances or working hard for the team thank you WBA for giving us a fantastic player with huge potential now secondly give us Dorrans on the cheap. :thumbup:

All players go through patches without goals like nug at moment lets hope when woodsy hits his low nug is on fire and hopfully teams around us will start to faulter like saturday come on 2pounts off autos beat boro put the presure on

• 2 months later...

Could see this happening.

Trouble is we've adopted our whole game around this guy. I can understand bringing Wood in, but just can't get my head around changing the way we were playing (a sexy winning way) when we were so effective!

Archived