Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Golf

8 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Yeah, he's outrageously good for a 12 year old. Apparently he's 1500/1 to win a major before he's 22 and I reckon that's decent value. 

I know this PNC tourney is just an exhibition really, but there's a good chance Tiger and Charlie will win it as it stands.

I was wondering about these odds

Definitely worth a tenner 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Is anyone a member of a course in Leicestershire

I’m a member of one in Loughborough 

I used to be a member at Ullesthorpe and Lutterworth in South Leics back in the day, but moved down to Bucks 20 years ago. Used to play Kilworth Springs a lot too.

What's your handicap mate?

19 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I used to be a member at Ullesthorpe and Lutterworth in South Leics back in the day, but moved down to Bucks 20 years ago. Used to play Kilworth Springs a lot too.

What's your handicap mate?

I worked on the building site next to Ullesthorpe whos company bought some land from. Looked a decent course 

Oh it’s high! 😂

Was flying round Kilworth Springs the other week. Until I got to the 13th (the one you have to drive over the lake?) Went 5 off the tee and ruined my card

I’m a member at Longcliffe- probably the hardest course in leicestershire. My handicap is based entirely off playing there, so my index is currently 19

Went round Lingdale two weeks ago in 88 gross in the Mizuno Winter Pairs 😂 Absolutely wiped the floor with the opposition 5& 4- my handicap never came into play 

I should really start playing other courses and inputting for handicap purposes- I think it would come down quite a lot. 

Me and my mate have both seen how much playing Longcliffe weekly betters your ability on other courses . Even if I still struggle to break 100 there 

How about you? 

6 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

I worked on the building site next to Ullesthorpe whos company bought some land from. Looked a decent course 

Oh it’s high! 😂

Was flying round Kilworth Springs the other week. Until I got to the 13th (the one you have to drive over the lake?) Went 5 off the tee and ruined my card

I’m a member at Longcliffe- probably the hardest course in leicestershire. My handicap is based entirely off playing there, so my index is currently 19

Went round Lingdale two weeks ago in 88 gross in the Mizuno Winter Pairs 😂 Absolutely wiped the floor with the opposition 5& 4- my handicap never came into play 

I should really start playing other courses and inputting for handicap purposes- I think it would come down quite a lot. 

Me and my mate have both seen how much playing Longcliffe weekly betters your ability on other courses . Even if I still struggle to break 100 there 

How about you? 

Being a member a tough course will definitely help your game mate. Hope you're enjoying it there.

I haven't been a member anywhere for a few years now as I was playing way too much when I should have been working! (I'm self employed). Got down to 6 handicap but I've put golf on pause for a few years to spend more time with the kids.

The plan is to retire in 7 years and hopefully the kids will have left home by then and I'll pick up golf full time again. I really miss it.

• Like 2

I can’t get enough, particularly in the summer.

But I’ve got a bit of tennis elbow which rears its ugly head on a Sunday if I’ve also played Saturday 

Longcliffe is a brilliant course and all the members I’ve met are brilliant too. The greens are incredibly fast but true

Roll on summer 

• Like 1

On 23/12/2021 at 21:11, Spiritwalker said:

I’ve treated myself to a new putter for Xmas. I’m changing from a mallet style to a blade, if my

putting is still shite next year then I’ll just have admit it’s me that’s the problem.lol

What putter did you go for mate? I changed the other way a few years back, I have an two-ball putter now, and it made so much difference to me so I think there is a lot to be said about the club giving you confidence! 

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Shot 91 today which is mad for my standard 

The worst thing about it was I scored 9 on the 17th 😩

Sleepless night ahead of me tonight 

I dream of the day I get 100 or less! Best I've done is 106 :thumbdown:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, deejdeej said:

I dream of the day I get 100 or less! Best I've done is 106 :thumbdown:

Until this autumn I’d only ever broken 100 maybe 6 times. Now it’s pretty consistent 

I’m hardly one to be giving out tips, but what’s sent me consistently lower is swinging much much slower. It’s still pretty fast, but feels ridiculously slower to myself. Will help you be much straighter, even if you lose a few yards

20 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Until this autumn I’d only ever broken 100 maybe 6 times. Now it’s pretty consistent 

I’m hardly one to be giving out tips, but what’s sent me consistently lower is swinging much much slower. It’s still pretty fast, but feels ridiculously slower to myself. Will help you be much straighter, even if you lose a few yards

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated. Had my first lesson last week which altered my grip and stance slightly which has thrown my game off a bit for now but I'm persisting with it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, deejdeej said:

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated. Had my first lesson last week which altered my grip and stance slightly which has thrown my game off a bit for now but I'm persisting with it.

It will do

After every lesson I’ve always got worse before getting better 

Where do you play? Anywhere in Leicestershire?

Edited by The Year Of The Fox

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/01/2022 at 16:41, The Year Of The Fox said:

It will do

After every lesson I’ve always got worse before getting better 

Where do you play? Anywhere in Leicestershire?

Sorry for the late reply, I've played all around Leicestershire. A couple of times a year we'll take a trip to good old Skegness for the weekend and play North Shore and Louth. How about you?

I did start to notice an improvement with consistency the last couple of times I played after my lessons, long may it continue!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deejdeej said:

Sorry for the late reply, I've played all around Leicestershire. A couple of times a year we'll take a trip to good old Skegness for the weekend and play North Shore and Louth. How about you?

I did start to notice an improvement with consistency the last couple of times I played after my lessons, long may it continue!

I’m a member at Longcliffe in Loughborough- great course. 

Playing Forest Hill tomorrow though as there’s a comp on at my place