Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheStig

Kasper picked for Denmark

This is what the Dagbladet wrote (translation courtesy of Google :P ):

0-3: The national team opens 2013 with blamage

A total confused Danish national team closed three goals in 24 minutes and made a terrible effort in Skopje.

Football Year

2012 ended badly for the Danish national team, but 2013 has started even worse.

It is difficult to mobilize believe that Danes will be able to remedy the ailing results in World Cup qualifying after 0-3-øretæven against unsuspected Macedonia in the test match in Skopje on Wednesday evening.

A dismal performance by a Danish team in the near strongest lineup that failed to tilspille of a chance of scoring in the first 80 minutes and did not hang together in chains.

The on paper otherwise interesting experiment with the two technicians Michael Krohn-Dehli and Christian Eriksen front Niki Zimling in central midfield ended in a spectacular failure.

After 30 heartbreaking minutes called off coach Morten Olsen experiment, pulled Nicolai Jørgensen - otherwise there was not the main cause of the trouble - out of the fight and put William Kvist in to stabilize the collapsed midfield.

Agger after 0-3: It is not good enough

This would imply that coach is not the answer to how he replaces quarantined Kvist, when it gets really against the Czech Republic at the end of March.

At most by Olsen Now, what does not, and I wonder if he hopes that Nicolai Stokholm is harmless to the time?

Since Denmark beat Holland at the European Championships last summer, the team has played eight games without winning, but what was shown in the first half hour in Skopje, marked yet another Danish bottom level.

Back Turned Zimling could not find its legs as a bulwark in front of the defense, and Krohn-Dehli and Eriksen filled nothing.

Macedonians, who ranks as number 80 in the world, blew through and was also only minimally disturbed by a confused defense chain, which was not rejected anything.

No matter what Kasper Schmeichel has dreamed of in the past few days, he has probably not imagined a debut, where he was to close three goals in 24 minutes without having had a rescue.

3-0 stood on the scoreboard, and the few thousand spectators thought almost that it was a lie, which it should have been.

William Kvist was, after all, put a plug in the hole, which led the fight fell more down.

It just did not the Danish team that much more dangerous on the offensive when Andreas Cornelius fought well, but never got into scoring position.

10 minutes before the time had Viktor Fischer Denmark's only right end, and the shifted Ajax man was, after all, a little gumption, but in reality, there was nothing positive to the Danish efforts.

Coach can go home and healthy on top of a failed start of 2013, when he neither got answers on who will replace William Kvist or the damaged front striker Nicklas Bendtner when there are points in the game against the Czech Republic next month.

http://www.sn.dk/0-3.../artikel/254549

By the sounds of it, there was nothing Schmeichel could've done to prevent the three goals in the first half. I suppose Denmark played better in the second 45 minutes, so that should be some consolation.

This is what the Dagbladet wrote (translation courtesy of Google :P ):

http://www.sn.dk/0-3.../artikel/254549

By the sounds of it, there was nothing Schmeichel could've done to prevent the three goals in the first half. I suppose Denmark played better in the second 45 minutes, so that should be some consolation.

That is good to hear, would have hated him to have a mere... deserves his call up and sounds like he deserved better in front of him.

I watched the game and Kasper couldn't do anything about any of the goals, so he's not to blame at all. In fact, a lot of people over here have sympathy for him, because he didn't have anything to do other than pick the ball out of the net three times. That sounds bad, but seriously, the entire defence combined were worse than a one-legged Titus Bramble.

Can't really blame him for those.

I did wonder why he was on the six yard line for their second and hadn't dropped back with the defence. He might have had more time to get across before diving. That's pure conjecture though. His positioning just struck me as odd.

Can't really blame him for those. At least none of them were howlers.

Only problem is that Kasper seems like the kind of GK that will not be happy with himself for conceding no matter whether the attempt was stoppable or not. I just hope that the result doesn't knock his confidence.

Archived