Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheStig

Kasper picked for Denmark

Kasper has at last and deservedly been picked for the Danish national side. Must be doing something right at City!

Much better than "mouthy" Lindegaard at MUFC !!

Seems that he is not only in the 16 picked for the match against Macedonia but set to get his debut.

Congrats!

Im sure I read somewhere he will start not just be part of the squad

Yup. Morten Olsen has confirmed that he will start against Macedonia :) With Sørensen retiring from the national team, Andersen not playing much at Evian and Lindegaard being a crock, Kasper now has a great opportunity to show he should be at least second choice. It looks like it will be behind a full strength defense too.

I usually find his distribution to be quite smart :dunno:

It has gone off the boil a bit this year but people talk such garbage about it. He can kick it a long way and his throw is pretty accurate. When its on form, its a pretty good weapon to have on the conuter and defensively buys us time.

I usually find his distribution to be quite smart :dunno:

It has gone off the boil a bit this year but people talk such garbage about it. He can kick it a long way and his throw is pretty accurate. When its on form, its a pretty good weapon to have on the conuter and defensively buys us time.

His kicking frustrates me, that's my opinion. He hardly gives the ball to the full backs when they come short, in stead launching it stupidly too high and/or long and the ball comes back if we don't hold it. Also, on Saturday for example, he kicked the ball to Nugent a few times when Wood was playing.

His kicking frustrates me, that's my opinion. He hardly gives the ball to the full backs when they come short, in stead launching it stupidly too high and/or long and the ball comes back if we don't hold it. Also, on Saturday for example, he kicked the ball to Nugent a few times when Wood was playing.

Yeah, what a dumbass, kicking it long to Knockaert....oh wait!

Yeah, what a dumbass, kicking it long to Knockaert....oh wait!

Wow, once in how many times? He generally kicks it out of play most times, and that's my opinion... Gallagher scores a good goal every 15 games, doesn't make him the best player at the club.

Olsen has said that the first goalkeeper spot is wide open, and if Kasper manages to impress, there's no reason that he won't start in the next qualifier. Lindegaard and Andersen are still ahead in the pecking order, provided they play, which looks unlikely in both cases. I'd still expect Andersen to retain his spot, because he's always been dependable whenever he's played, but this is the biggest indication yet that Olsen is looking at a long-term alternative.

Archived