Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

London Leicester fans

We can middle class the shit out of this thread.

I love yoga. Compliments running very well, although depends on what style you do. I mainly do Ashtanga which is the most athletic form and pretty physically demanding. Definitely prefer that to ones such as Hatha which is at a much slower pace and focusses more on meditation. Ashtanga is a proper workout. Dyanamic is decent as well - whereas in Ashtanga you follow a set pattern of postures every time in Dynamic the teacher will mix it up a bit.

I go here - http://www.yogaplace.co.uk/. It's 10 mins walk from home so makes sense. Try to go at least once a week.

You may want to consider Bikram yoga which is where you do a similar set of postures just in a room set to 40 degrees celcius... It is without doubt the sweatiest thing I have ever done. Some people don't make it through the whole lesson. It's pretty hardcore but you feel nice afterwards. Location wise it's not as convenient so I don't bother any more.

I've been told about Bikram yoga. It sounded terrifying. I was actually looking into Hatha because I liked the more relaxed/meditative side of things. I've been meaning to get down to the local Buddhist centre (where they do the Hatha) since last summer anyway (when I did a mini-course on meditation techniques). I'll look into Ashtanga

We are London poncing this thread UP.

Season ticket is a killer at about £380 a month you're right, but mine and the missus 1/2 monthly rent on our 2-bed flat in Chelmsford costs £380 a month too. So it still works out about £2 or £3 grand a year cheaper than most of my London-based mates who pay £1k+ a month, without counting cost of living (i.e. drinking).

Still, we live in Chelmsford...so I guess every silver lining has a cloud..!

Because I run/cycle to work, I worked out that moving out from zone 2 isn't going to save me any money, but will just increase my commute and reduce the amount I enjoy it. My rent (two bed flat, sharing with someone I've known for years) and travel comes to about the same as yours but it's 20 minutes door to door on the bike :) If I didn't cycle/run though I'd definitely consider moving a bit further out. And I do spend a lot on drinking :(

Anyone in Greenwich? I've been watching a lot of games in Belushis lately.. it's like an acceptable version of walkabout... I live in Woolwich Arsenal and the local there for sport is horrific so I go into Greenwich to watch if i fancy a few drinks. Usually if Leicester are on i'd stay in the flat but making an exception tonight.

Anyone in Greenwich? I've been watching a lot of games in Belushis lately.. it's like an acceptable version of walkabout... I live in Woolwich Arsenal and the local there for sport is horrific so I go into Greenwich to watch if i fancy a few drinks. Usually if Leicester are on i'd stay in the flat but making an exception tonight.

I watched something in Belushis in Camden once. I only know this because I found a keyring with their name on it and a membership number on my keys 3 weeks later.

I lived in Woolwich for 17 years, I live in Bexley now though. I thought I was the only City fan in dirty south!

Edited by Jakemoore

Well I'm in SW18 until October so I'm number 2(well 3 by the looks of the poster above) for the poster above, come to Greenwich! Better than the earl of shitham!!! lol

You're not no.3 because I'm no.1 & my boys are 2 & 3 ;-) We've been down here for 30, 22 & 19 years respectively. You lads can argue the toss over the other numbers. Leslie at The Earl of Chatham is a lovely lady, but SE18 isn't the nicest place. Are you lads going to P'boro next week?

You're not no.3 because I'm no.1 & my boys are 2 & 3 ;-) We've been down here for 30, 22 & 19 years respectively. You lads can argue the toss over the other numbers. Leslie at The Earl of Chatham is a lovely lady, but SE18 isn't the nicest place. Are you lads going to P'boro next week?

Really? the regular clientel have always struck me as alarmingly odd :/ sorry.

No mate, I work weekends unfortunately! Anyway it was great in greenwich this evening an met a couple of london foxes to boot!

Edited by AjcW

• 1 month later...

I've seen someone around that part of town too... Never really said owt to him, but sure I've seen him at 'wall and Palace away.

This guy had a rather fetching LCFC beanie on. I gave him a knowing nod, but I probably just looked like a sexual predator.

This happened vs Derby at home! England were playing New Zealand and Man United were playing Reading! The Stag is the only worthwhile gaff anyway

Can someone tell me address of this pub, The Stag, I need somewhere in London to watch our game - thanks