Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
doubledeckerderek

The ref

Stupid auto correct! lol

What I meant was there couldn't have been many complaints if it was a red!

That makes a lot more sense lol

I dunno, it seems a very "modern football" appeal for a red to me. Had it been a game not concerning us I think the majority would view it as extremely soft.

Although the ref had a mare not pulling his yellow card out, bad challenge.

Did he get booked ?

No he got away with it somehow, should of seen yellow for it.

What constitutes a straight red then? High tackle, studs up, at speed, nowhere near the ball...that's a red.

It's a booking! He's gone in high because the balls bouncing not with intent to snap kings leg. It's late, it's a booking.

Sad signs of the way the games going that we are even having this debate slide tackles will be out of the game entirely before long.

In general, I prefer laissez-faire refs, who allow the game to flow, but there are limits....

I didn't get a good enough view of either the potential red card or the potential penalty, but I regularly got a view of Wolves players committing petty obstructions and sly shirt pulls - and pulling our players back when they sprinted through on the break.

The ref either gave nothing or just gave a free-kick for the more serious incidents that prevented an attack. Instead, Wolves should have had a scattering of yellow cards for those attempts to prevent attacks illegitimately. No control!

Having seen the replays of AK going down in the box - he did make rather a meal of it, but it was still a stonewall peno.

Definite red card too - not sure what the ref saw, as everyone else saw it. If King had stayed down it may well have been a different decision I feel.

I wouldn't say he made a meal of it, he was already in the air when he got the shove (going for the bicycle kick) - at that point contact like the one made is always going to send you flying.

Oh, and Henry's tackle - straight red, no question. It's studs first, it's very high, easily arguably excessive force. It's a leg-breaker and Kingy is very lucky he got off lightly from that, there is no way it can't be a red.

Thought at the time that the foul on Andy King was a bad one and I have seen straight red's given many times for far worse, e.g. the Kompany red against Arsenal. Not saw a replay yet but judging by the photo evidence it was just as bad as I thought. Do have to heap praise on Andy King for getting straight back up, if it was an Arsenal player for example, we may have saw a few thousand rolls into the back of the net.

Luckily for once we are blaming the ref after a win, another day he could have cost us!

King did well just to get up and get on with the game.

Other players could learn something from that when they've been clipped and proceed to roll around for 2 minutes.

I'm an ideal world yes. In reality, most refs are so fundamentally weak that making a meal out of bad challenges is the only way to achieve justice.

King did well just to get up and get on with the game.

Other players could learn something from that when they've been clipped and proceed to roll around for 2 minutes.

Aye no doubt about it. I can't stand some of the things you can get reds for nowadays but that was blatant, anyone who tries telling me he went for the ball is a nobhead.

He's been at it all his career anyway, extremely average and dirty player.

Glad it's not cost us but that shouldn't cover up the worst reffing display all season and I include Blackburn & Forest in that.

It's a booking! He's gone in high because the balls bouncing not with intent to snap kings leg. It's late, it's a booking.

Sad signs of the way the games going that we are even having this debate slide tackles will be out of the game entirely before long.

Whether he intended to cause harm to King or not is not the point.

He's is not in control of the tackle and has gone over the top of the ball, this is the sort of tackle that breaks someone leg and he’s has pervious for this ask Bobby Zamora.

There a diffence between a well timed sliding tackle and a mad lunge for a ball....

I don't know if it has been mentioned or not but can the FA take action against Henry for the tackle as the Ref did not produce a yellow card?

Absolute disgusting, cowardly tackle, having seen a close friend break his leg in a 50/50 tackle earlier this season I wince when the cameras do a slow mo of a tackle like Henry's yesterday.

Big respect to Andy King.

I don't know if it has been mentioned or not but can the FA take action against Henry for the tackle as the Ref did not produce a yellow card?

Absolute disgusting, cowardly tackle, having seen a close friend break his leg in a 50/50 tackle earlier this season I wince when the cameras do a slow mo of a tackle like Henry's yesterday.

Big respect to Andy King.

I believe that since he took action the FA can't take action, I think that rule only applies when a referee hasn't 'seen' the incident

The ball IS NOT bouncing about, I just watched the game back and the ball is just rolling across the floor. If that's not a sodding dangerous tackle I don't know what is. King was very lucky to walk away from that, a bit more force and he could have been in real trouble.

I believe that since he took action the FA can't take action, I think that rule only applies when a referee hasn't 'seen' the incident

Yep, which is why Whelan of Stoke can't be retrospectively done for his challenge on Garcia last week.

Archived