Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Al-aLondon-Foxile

Ghanain forward.

You obviously have never lived In a hot climate!

You are right mate people who have never ventured out of there home town think living abroad is all bees and honey. They are usually the ones who run this country down and think somewhere like Australia will be the answer to all there problems.

They are to thick to think about lack of water or forests on fire and unbearable heat.

You only get to hear about the success stories not the thousands who come back potless with there tails between there legs.

Have you played football in 107 degrees without a cloud in the sky?

i live in the middle east too (Bahrain), and play in an expat league out here. Hottest ive played in 52'c (125.6F), but you'd be amazed how quicly you aclimatise. It also does wonders for your fitness. The other thing thats not been mentioned is its all tax free out here, so every penny of his 200,000 a week goes straight into his bank account without the government taking a penny of it. I agree its not the most prestigious football out here, but it depends on his priorities.

Have you played football in 107 degrees without a cloud in the sky?

Are you implying that it would be a problem for someone like Gyan? And as a retort, how do you think someone used to playing in 40+ degrees (celsius) will like playing in -7 in snow or hail?

My guess is Richmond Boakye. I've not followed the ACON at all as sadly I've found the standard to be complete shite on the few occasions I've seen it, which is a shame, but it appears Ghana have only taken three forwards and one is Gyan (not a chance on earth), one is called Emmanuel Clottey who plays in Switzerland and the other is Boakye who plays for Juventus but is on loan at Sassuolo of the Serie B, the youngest of the three and based in a league I'd fancy our scouts to have a far bigger knowledge on than the Swiss.

Interesting if it is. You've got to have something about you to play for a club like Juventus.

Emmanuel Clottey plays for Espérance de Tunis in... Tunisia.

I wouldn't. I've got far more respect for myself than to play for absolute nothing clubs raking up just a more obscene earning than at a genuine giant. The UAE league is literally nothing but money, give me the likes of playing for Man Utd (on significantly less) living in England than in the UAE on a wage that to be honest, really isn't much of a life changer from £50k a week.

It's hard to phrase what I mean but... sum it up;

a) You live in a more attractive country (subjective but would any of you lot seriously pick UAE over here?), play for one of the worlds biggest clubs on the biggest stage and still absolutely live the dream on £2.5mil a year, ridiculous money.

b) You live in UAE, a country that's developed but, I'm sorry, surely still isn't that attractive? Play in a complete nothing league for a nothing club that you've never heard of, all for an even more ridiculous wage packet.

If you're saving up you'd pick option B and so would a lot of people but, people put far too much emphasis on money in life for me and I genuinely would pick A, and I think Man Utd would offer more than that too.

Ever been to the UAE? Shits on England

the owners dont/wont do that ever . they put neville in, to do that kind of business talk . pearson made it plainly clear quoting the waghorn signing that happened with the owners so called "present" to the fans . hes got an agreement with the thais that HE picks his players . did you think it and thought someone spoke to you ?

Hmmm. 365 days of sunshine, very low crime rate, beaches, flash hotels, petrol at 20p a litre, laid back expat lifestyle - you would take Narborough over that? English people have a ridiculously over-inflated view of how attractive their country is. Compared to a large number of places in the world, it's more expensive, the weather is worse, it is far less welcoming... just ask Balotelli! OK, you can take a lot of what he says with a pinch of salt and choose not to believe him beause he's not giving it the old PR-led "England is wonderful" stuff. Or you can see him as a young guy telling the truth.

Personally I don't measure a countries beauty by whether it is hot or has flash hotels. The UK has incredible landscapes, history and diversity which I think makes it beautiful and unique, but I guess we are all different.

Don't like the sound of the owners buying behind Pearsons back, I'm not convinced that is happening however as the owners have just left Pearson to pick and sign the players. This must be one of the recommendations by Steve Walsh if true and Pearson I'm sure will be the one to say whether this should go ahead.

Archived