Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Al-aLondon-Foxile

Ghanain forward.

I've heard that 'one of our owners' has placed a bid on a forward playing in the ANC for Ghana. I know no more than this and haven't researched any names. It's news I wanted to share, but make of it what you will.

What is the ANC?

Sorry, African nations cup is what I meant, whatever it's called. It might well prove to be nothing, the source is knowledgable and has a proven pedigree with me. It may come to nothing but I'm not some WUM. Simply putting out what I'm told. Like I said, make of it what you will. No issue with your opinions.

Sorry, African nations cup is what I meant, whatever it's called. It might well prove to be nothing, the source is knowledgable and has a proven pedigree with me. It may come to nothing but I'm not some WUM. Simply putting out what I'm told. Like I said, make of it what you will. No issue with your opinions.

Cheers for the info, but if we bidded for this player it would most likely be a summer addition right, it would seem strange to bring him now unless the club he is at releases him?

Cheers for the info, but if we bidded for this player it would most likely be a summer addition right, it would seem strange to bring him now unless the club he is at releases him?

Could be a "if we go up, will you join" kind of deal...that would mean he's pretty decent, we shall see...

Yeah, that puzzles me too, as does the implication that NP has no knowledge of it. I'm told 'one of our owners' placed a bid. It'll probably amount to nothing, but I heard it from someone who knows stuff, so I've shared it amongst you all.

Surely NP's consent would be needed in the final decision process, but I doubt they would jeopardize the position we are in and I guess if they see an opportunity to bring in a quality player assuming that he is, they are doing it for the benefit of the team but I don't think the owners would be aware of players so it is probably Steve Walsh's recommendation that has led to this? Who knows hey interesting nonetheless.

My guess is Richmond Boakye. I've not followed the ACON at all as sadly I've found the standard to be complete shite on the few occasions I've seen it, which is a shame, but it appears Ghana have only taken three forwards and one is Gyan (not a chance on earth), one is called Emmanuel Clottey who plays in Switzerland and the other is Boakye who plays for Juventus but is on loan at Sassuolo of the Serie B, the youngest of the three and based in a league I'd fancy our scouts to have a far bigger knowledge on than the Swiss.

Interesting if it is. You've got to have something about you to play for a club like Juventus.

Asamoah Gyan is coming back to English Football is he...

Ticks every box for NOT being a Pearson player. Amazing as in the World Cup I thought he struck me as a genuine Ghana icon, a leader and I felt such sympathy when Uruguay knocked them out, yet ever since he transferred to England he's come across as a mercenary bellend and the fact he plays in the UAE says it all. Joke league.

Ticks every box for NOT being a Pearson player. Amazing as in the World Cup I thought he struck me as a genuine Ghana icon, a leader and I felt such sympathy when Uruguay knocked them out, yet ever since he transferred to England he's come across as a mercenary bellend and the fact he plays in the UAE says it all. Joke league.

in fairness if Man U offered me 50 k a week and the UAE offered me 200k a week i'd pick the UAE every day of the week....

in fairness if Man U offered me 50 k a week and the UAE offered me 200k a week i'd pick the UAE every day of the week....

I wouldn't. I've got far more respect for myself than to play for absolute nothing clubs raking up just a more obscene earning than at a genuine giant. The UAE league is literally nothing but money, give me the likes of playing for Man Utd (on significantly less) living in England than in the UAE on a wage that to be honest, really isn't much of a life changer from £50k a week.

It's hard to phrase what I mean but... sum it up;

a) You live in a more attractive country (subjective but would any of you lot seriously pick UAE over here?), play for one of the worlds biggest clubs on the biggest stage and still absolutely live the dream on £2.5mil a year, ridiculous money.

b) You live in UAE, a country that's developed but, I'm sorry, surely still isn't that attractive? Play in a complete nothing league for a nothing club that you've never heard of, all for an even more ridiculous wage packet.

If you're saving up you'd pick option B and so would a lot of people but, people put far too much emphasis on money in life for me and I genuinely would pick A, and I think Man Utd would offer more than that too.

It's hard to phrase what I mean but... sum it up;

a) You live in a more attractive country (subjective but would any of you lot seriously pick UAE over here?), play for one of the worlds biggest clubs on the biggest stage and still absolutely live the dream on £2.5mil a year, ridiculous money.

b) You live in UAE, a country that's developed but, I'm sorry, surely still isn't that attractive? Play in a complete nothing league for a nothing club that you've never heard of, all for an even more ridiculous wage packet.

Hmmm. 365 days of sunshine, very low crime rate, beaches, flash hotels, petrol at 20p a litre, laid back expat lifestyle - you would take Narborough over that? English people have a ridiculously over-inflated view of how attractive their country is. Compared to a large number of places in the world, it's more expensive, the weather is worse, it is far less welcoming... just ask Balotelli! OK, you can take a lot of what he says with a pinch of salt and choose not to believe him beause he's not giving it the old PR-led "England is wonderful" stuff. Or you can see him as a young guy telling the truth.

Hmmm. 365 days of sunshine, very low crime rate, beaches, flash hotels, petrol at 20p a litre, laid back expat lifestyle - you would take Narborough over that? English people have a ridiculously over-inflated view of how attractive their country is. Compared to a large number of places in the world, it's more expensive, the weather is worse, it is far less welcoming... just ask Balotelli! OK, you can take a lot of what he says with a pinch of salt and choose not to believe him beause he's not giving it the old PR-led "England is wonderful" stuff. Or you can see him as a young guy telling the truth.

I don't care if the UAE us Utopia, I'd take United.

1. There's nowhere in the UAE where you'd find yourself playing in front of 76000 fans and a TV audience of millions.
  2. .The endorsements you'd get playing for United would close the gap in wages considerably.
  3. There'd be absolutely no chance of an international career over there (unless you'd already established yourself somewhere else).

Yeah, that puzzles me too, as does the implication that NP has no knowledge of it. I'm told 'one of our owners' placed a bid. It'll probably amount to nothing, but I heard it from someone who knows stuff, so I've shared it amongst you all.

If you look at QPR , Harry didnt know himself that they had placed a bid for samba and was only told by the owner when it was done, but I cant see it being the case here.

As a footballer surely you would want to play at the highest level, in the most prestigious leagues and cup competitions with the crowds and atmosphere that you had grown up watching and dreaming about. Even at an average of 10k a week over your career, unless you're a complete fool, you should be set up for life upon retirement. So for myself I'd take this country over an empty money league without any doubts whatsoever. As for these obscene and ridiculous wages its about time eufa got serious and capped wages at a sensible level. Those players to whomever money is god can **** off and play in such joke leagues and rid our game of them.

Archived