Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Ground Capacity Increase?

Does anybody know if the King Power's capacity would increase if we get promoted under the current owners?

I am sure in Mandaric's era there was plans in place.

Yes they said it would happen and I think they said it would take it up to 41k but they wouldnt be able to complete it in close season.

I'd love to see us play in front of 40,000 at home one day. But for the moment it's unrealistic.

Our priorities should be consolidating and building in the Premiership, lowering ticket prices and trying to get standing areas introduced. If those things work out, then we can move from there.

The shame is even if we did expand the stadium it would still probably look like shit. It needs a huge, huge makeover. We need the Gok Wan of stadium redevelopment.

Not going to happen until the economy improves even at our reasonable ticket prices we still struggle with attendances.

No need to tell most of us there's no money around.

I went to London today and the advertised cheapest price for West Ham v Spurs was £49 Adult £29 Child !!

At anything near those prices attendances would be Low !

The economy iznt the only problem...my step son is 13, all bar maybe 2 of his mate support either Man U, Liverpool, Barcelona or Real Madrid with a smattering of Arsenal n Chelsea...the never see any live professional football and those without sky never see a full game.

Im not blaming sky for showing the games that will get the most viewers (although we've been on loads this year) and lots of kids just like to support a team that wins stuff (why Liverpool then you ask but thats not the point).

Could the club do more to get kids in early so they're hooked on LCFC? Its up to the parents too...i got my step son a season ticket, hes probably come 5 times due to midweek games n bad weather (he didnt fancy walking an hour with me in the snow to get to the boro game)...

I'd love to have a sustainably big ground, the support is going to have to be local. I cant see us as a global phenomenon just yet so you've got to convince people within an hours drive to support the club...

Our ground can reach 40/42k first expansion potentially 50k with a further one but serious ground improvements would be needed for 50k. If England would have been chosen for 2018 and Leicester would of been a host city our ground would of been 50k.

Premiership football would sell out for the big teams at 40,000 it's a shame the Bede Island Stadium never went through would been a much better time for the club and the plans looked much better too

Premiership football would sell out for the big teams at 40,000 it's a shame the Bede Island Stadium never went through would been a much better time for the club and the plans looked much better too

Indeed, Sunderland/Wembley first tear with a second tier. I'm sure that Stadium would have had VIP boxes all away around also?

lcfc_03.jpg

As said the East stand can have an extra tier built on top of the current stand. It does seem unlikely thoughh at the moment, although as said as well, if we become an established premier league team in the next 5-10 years it doesn't seem beyond the realm of thought. Personally though, I would like to see a double decker stand on the Spion Kop where there is a decent chance of building a decent atmosphere

I'd love to see us play in front of 40,000 at home one day. But for the moment it's unrealistic.

Our priorities should be consolidating and building in the Premiership, lowering ticket prices and trying to get standing areas introduced. If those things work out, then we can move from there.

The shame is even if we did expand the stadium it would still probably look like shit. It needs a huge, huge makeover. We need the Gok Wan of stadium redevelopment.

I don't think it'd take as much as you'd think.

• Paint the concourses
  • Replace the weathered seats
  • Reclad the exterior so the concrete and framework isn't so exposed
  • Replace rusted turnstiles

All of those steps would bring it bang up to date in my opinion.

Like a poster above already mentioned. We dont need to build on top of what we have. All we need is safe standing to be pushed through and have an entire area behind a goal like this. Extra 2 or 3 thousand there with cheaper tickets for these standing areas and everyone is happy, 34-35K would be more than enough

Archived