Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Ground Capacity Increase?

Everybody seems to have forgotten that the club doesn't own the stadium, Teachers do, so the first stage would most likely be King Power adding the stadium to their property portfolio.

The issue on expansion is more about losing capacity while the expansion work takes place, as someone has posted it couldn't all be completed over a summer, so would the club really want to cut capacity while being in the Premiership is a relatively new experience.

If work was to take place, then it would be the most logical time to look at a safe standing section as part of the work, however the authorities have to give that the green light first and the clubs current position is they would prefer other clubs to take the lead on safe standing trials while they have a watching brief

Everybody seems to have forgotten that the club doesn't own the stadium, Teachers do, so the first stage would most likely be King Power adding the stadium to their property portfolio.

The issue on expansion is more about losing capacity while the expansion work takes place, as someone has posted it couldn't all be completed over a summer, so would the club really want to cut capacity while being in the Premiership is a relatively new experience.

If work was to take place, then it would be the most logical time to look at a safe standing section as part of the work, however the authorities have to give that the green light first and the clubs current position is they would prefer other clubs to take the lead on safe standing trials while they have a watching brief

No wonder my pension contributions are so high. :P

On a serious note , if we were promoted & lashed 40 million on 4 new signings ,

What gate could be achieved at best ?

40 k ?

or more ??

More.

If the Europa League stays I think we could get into that and go far (look at Fulham, smaller club than us and they got to the final). So if we got to the semi final of that competition then the number of people wanting to attend the home fixture would be ridiculous Genuinely think 50k+ would be possible in extremely high profile matches. FA Cup QFs would also lead to massive demand, probably topping 40k given that 40k would willingly travel to Wembley to watch a SF.

On a regular basis, I think we could get an average of 35k. When we were last in the PL our average was 31k so I think it's possible we might add to that if prices don't go up dramatically and our Asian community start to get more involved in local football.

Look at the area around the stadium. There's so much space for expansion! Especially around the Kop and the East Stand.

We might have to turn the KP into a St James' Park style design as there isn't so much space for the West Stand but it's definitely possible.

We shouldn't expand yet though, it would be disastrous if we were in the Championship with 20k attendances in a 40k capacity stadium.

I don't think it'd take as much as you'd think.

• Paint the concourses
  • Replace the weathered seats
  • Reclad the exterior so the concrete and framework isn't so exposed
  • Replace rusted turnstiles

All of those steps would bring it bang up to date in my opinion.

It would certainly have it looking better, in particular the faded almost purple colour that the seats are now is horrible, change them to our blue and we'd really notice the difference.

I'd still change a lot more if it was up to me though. Even if we ended up adding a tier it'd still have 3 boring stands that would the same, and if the expansion was done poorly it might look like Pride Park, where the one two-tiered stand just blends in with the rest.

What it really needs is four different stands - you could add a smaller tier onto the Kop, do something with the family stand as well, and give all the stands seperate and decent roofs, then build seats forward so they'd be closer to the pitch. I yearn for a proper Kop where the fans are right behind the goal. It's just how it should be. I get so jealous when I watch the highlight shows and other clubs have it :(

It would take a lot of work for it to turn from a boring, unlovable stadium into a ground I'd be proud for us to play at. If only there was someone with the money and desire to do it though, it could be done. But sadly that type of thing is never going to be top of the list for people who own football clubs.

Sorry, I'm just getting caught up in the stadium of my dreams....

Unless it's meaning movement towards safe standing (which I doubt immensely) then it's a waste of time. We've not even come close to filling this place since Real Madrid.

The pricing needs restructuring and we need to actually do something along the lines of get into the Europa League before we'd require more than we currently have.

It would certainly have it looking better, in particular the faded almost purple colour that the seats are now is horrible, change them to our blue and we'd really notice the difference.

I'd still change a lot more if it was up to me though. Even if we ended up adding a tier it'd still have 3 boring stands that would the same, and if the expansion was done poorly it might look like Pride Park, where the one two-tiered stand just blends in with the rest.

What it really needs is four different stands - you could add a smaller tier onto the Kop, do something with the family stand as well, and give all the stands seperate and decent roofs, then build seats forward so they'd be closer to the pitch. I yearn for a proper Kop where the fans are right behind the goal. It's just how it should be. I get so jealous when I watch the highlight shows and other clubs have it :(

It would take a lot of work for it to turn from a boring, unlovable stadium into a ground I'd be proud for us to play at. If only there was someone with the money and desire to do it though, it could be done. But sadly that type of thing is never going to be top of the list for people who own football clubs.

bvb09_1.jpg

Sounds like you want something like this:

leicester_filbert2.jpg

I agree with Bilo. The bare terracing needs to be covered and not by wanky sponsorship sheets. I really hate that,

Sounds like you want something like this:

leicester_filbert2.jpg

I agree with Bilo. The bare terracing needs to be covered and not by wanky sponsorship sheets. I really hate that,

If we had four stands that were the quality of those two we'd be laughing.

Yeah!

Anyone know what the capacity of 2x Kops and 2x Carling stands would be?

Carling was 9,500 I think? Kop was about 7,500-8,000 maybe. So we're looking at like 35Kish, maybe a bit under.

I did a Filbo/KP hybrid a while back. Come on people, dream with me. (Carling on this side)

freemenswharfwithfilbos.jpg

Last time we were in the prem was pre-recession etc and before a lot of people were priced out. If we go up the prices will rise and more people will be priced out. This will be offset by more demand due to the higher standard of football, but by how much, and for how long? Our first season back in the prem would see high attendances due to the novelty factor but after a couple of seasons of mid-table obscurity attendances would drop off. I think we'd do well to average more than 28k long term, unless we made the top-6 which let's face it, is wishful thinking.

Archived