Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hugo Sanchez

blaming the fans .... again

Lets the ****** blame the fans again. The fans fault we re not winning. PEARSON OUT

That's right up there with the drivel you used to post on here when you first started. Congratulations, you've progressed nowhere.

Our fans don't help things at all though do they? Considering the team are under pressure enough from other sides, why do our 'fans' actually ADD to that by criticising every little thing that goes wrong? Shouting fvcking dross like "FORWARD CITY COME ON FVCK SAKE" when it's blatantly clear that there's no-one in front of the player with the ball, expecting players to do physically impossible things lol But no, honestly, there's absolutely no encouragement at all is there? No-one dares get behind the side unless we're winning.

Honestly, our home support is a fvcking disgrace, it's not even the fact it's painfully quiet, it's just the hideous, arrogant mentality. By all means, give the slating on here when necessary, but what good is pretty much waiting for mistakes? Shouting utter tripe, creating a negative atmosphere around the place if we're not winning.

If I was a player I honestly wouldn't enjoy playing in front of that. It's utterly laughable.

Our fans don't help things at all though do they? Considering the team are under pressure enough from other sides, why do our 'fans' actually ADD to that by criticising every little thing that goes wrong? Shouting fvcking dross like "FORWARD CITY COME ON FVCK SAKE" when it's blatantly clear that there's no-one in front of the player with the ball, expecting players to do physically impossible things lol But no, honestly, there's absolutely no encouragement at all is there? No-one dares get behind the side unless we're winning.

Honestly, our home support is a fvcking disgrace, it's not even the fact it's painfully quiet, it's just the hideous, arrogant mentality. By all means, give the slating on here when necessary, but what good is pretty much waiting for mistakes? Shouting utter tripe, creating a negative atmosphere around the place if we're not winning.

If I was a player I honestly wouldn't enjoy playing in front of that. It's utterly laughable.

SCORE A GOAL!

awwww diddums, the players dont like the booing. I bet the 20k a week helps. Pearson out his depth. What do you expect fans to say ? Unlucky lads, i quite enjoy the championship. Yes paul gallagher, even though hes shite. Lets sing his name. We have lost to a shitty tinclub but lets sing we love you to keep their spirits up.

awwww diddums, the players dont like the booing. I bet the 20k a week helps. Pearson out his depth. What do you expect fans to say ? Unlucky lads, i quite enjoy the championship. Yes paul gallagher, even though hes shite. Lets sing his name. We have lost to a shitty tinclub but lets sing we love you to keep their spirits up.

I have to question why you go then. Yeh, I think footballers are out of touch, but I seriously wonder what you get out of going if you really do think that getting on the backs of the team after about 10 minutes (if they're not winning) is the way forward.

SCORE A GOAL!

It's stupid though. It's frustrating but do people not even understand basic physics? WHY DIDN'T HE SHOOT? Well, maybe because he's 25 yards out and has an opposition player within a yard of him? It's fvcking laughable.

There have always been moaning gits at football matches. The difference is that there's less of a culture of positivity, at least among home fans (if I could afford it, I'd seriously consider doing without a home season ticket next season and going to all the away games instead - much more fun and more positive attitude among the fans).

There's a new stadium culture these days, unfortunately: all-seater stadia and the marketing of football as "family entertainment" encourage passivity (unless you've made the effort to travel to an away match, alien turf); the older fans, who were once the young ones creating the atmosphere, have aged and lost energy; many younger fans have grown up in the culture of football as passive consumer spectacle, constantly on TV. The problem is particularly acute at clubs perceived to be under-achieving on their potential...like Leicester.

It would help if the club provided fans with a real supply of news/info about the club/players, rather than just seeing fans as a money-making opportunity. How often does the club send out an email giving a real insight into the squad, training or whatever? Nearly all LCFC emails I receive are trying to get me to buy something, and the "player events" are in the club shop...."Buy! Buy! Buy!....££££££££££££!!!", not out in the community, promoting support for the football club, as opposed to the business.

I'm not sure match pricing has a lot to do with it (though prices are too high and exclude some who might be more vocal). But a lot of the moaning gits are season-ticket holders, so I don't think the price that they paid nearly a year ago is at the forefront of their minds...it's the lack of a culture of positive support to counter-balance that negativity, and to draw in some of the whingebags.

Anyone remember the old chant that used to be widespread: "We'll support you every more!" (to tune of "Bread of Heaven")? I used to hate it, as it often started up with 10 minutes to go, when the team looked like losing...but I'd welcome it back now, as a sign of positive support regardless of the result...better than silence, whingeing or booing during a match.

There have always been moaning gits at football matches. The difference is that there's less of a culture of positivity, at least among home fans (if I could afford it, I'd seriously consider doing without a home season ticket next season and going to all the away games instead - much more fun and more positive attitude among the fans).

There's a new stadium culture these days, unfortunately: all-seater stadia and the marketing of football as "family entertainment" encourage passivity (unless you've made the effort to travel to an away match, alien turf); the older fans, who were once the young ones creating the atmosphere, have aged and lost energy; many younger fans have grown up in the culture of football as passive consumer spectacle, constantly on TV. The problem is particularly acute at clubs perceived to be under-achieving on their potential...like Leicester.

It would help if the club provided fans with a real supply of news/info about the club/players, rather than just seeing fans as a money-making opportunity. How often does the club send out an email giving a real insight into the squad, training or whatever? Nearly all LCFC emails I receive are trying to get me to buy something, and the "player events" are in the club shop...."Buy! Buy! Buy!....££££££££££££!!!", not out in the community, promoting support for the football club, as opposed to the business.

I'm not sure match pricing has a lot to do with it (though prices are too high and exclude some who might be more vocal). But a lot of the moaning gits are season-ticket holders, so I don't think the price that they paid nearly a year ago is at the forefront of their minds...it's the lack of a culture of positive support to counter-balance that negativity, and to draw in some of the whingebags.

Anyone remember the old chant that used to be widespread: "We'll support you every more!" (to tune of "Bread of Heaven")? I used to hate it, as it often started up with 10 minutes to go, when the team looked like losing...but I'd welcome it back now, as a sign of positive support regardless of the result...better than silence, whingeing or booing during a match.

Good post, in fact one off the things that puts me off going is the likely hood of have being near someone mouthing off and swearing, I know it's not the norm but there is an awful lot of them, even in front of their own kids !!! It's not even abuse aimed at a player, most of the time just a rant. There's nothing wrong with shouting stuff out, that's all part of the game but foul mouthed rants, noway

Good post, in fact one off the things that puts me off going is the likely hood of have being near someone mouthing off and swearing, I know it's not the norm but there is an awful lot of them, even in front of their own kids !!! It's not even abuse aimed at a player, most of the time just a rant. There's nothing wrong with shouting stuff out, that's all part of the game but foul mouthed rants, noway

Not going to a football match because someone possibly says the word "for **** sake" within a few metres from you?

Jesus wept you'd of cried if you was near the smoke bomb at Peterborough away!

Not going to a football match because someone possibly says the word "for **** sake" within a few metres from you?

Jesus wept you'd of cried if you was near the smoke bomb at Peterborough away!

Firstly you have got that wrong, as I said in my post I am not bothered by swearing or fans call things, I am refering to poeple who just rant for the sake of hearing there own voice.

As for letting of smoke bombs in a packed stand, yes I do have issues with that.

On the subject of that smoke bomb it seemed to come from the same area that the AMF flag was. For a group that ultimately wants to engage with the club over improving atmosphere I'm not convinced letting off smoke bombs in packed terraces is a great strategy.

This has been a strange season around the ground. At times we've played some great football, but there's always been a feeling of people waiting for it to go slightly wrong then venting their fury.

I can understand last night, it was dreadful, but I've just had the feeling that not all the fans were enjoying it when we were comfortably winning games.

This has been a strange season around the ground. At times we've played some great football, but there's always been a feeling of people waiting for it to go slightly wrong then venting their fury.

I can understand last night, it was dreadful, but I've just had the feeling that not all the fans were enjoying it when we were comfortably winning games.

There is an expectancy rightly or wrongly from the owners to the fans of automatic promotion when we dwindle in performances which make us capable of getting results then frustration rears its head.

We have 15 games left and we need at least 11 wins to achieve that, tough ask imo but certainly doable.

What's a 'tinclub'?

Our fans are an embarrassment. It gets quieter and quieter.

L block is like a quiet coach on a train. Well done those in the Kop you made some noise last night

That has more to do with the sort of fans this club want. They have driven out the real supporters and replaced them with shitty full blast music and " families" type support. This club is dead, it's true spirit died when they got rid of the old Filbo. You either live with it or do like I'm going to do admit defeat and tell the spivs now running this plastic club to shove it up their corporate arses.

I backed Holloway? lol

You need to pull your head out of your arse and realise there is a vast difference between moaning about a performance, and calling for the managers head when you were (at the time) still sat in second place in the league.

stfu moaning

The owners, management, and local media need to take a share of the blame. They have been building us up as dead cert promotion challengers and spending the money to go with that for a couple of years. If the fans are told that's the expectation of the club then they will buy into it. And the club wants them to buy into it. We must have spent night on £20 million since the owners arrived. Regardless of how much of that has been recouped you've got to be expecting us to challenge for the title at this level off the back of that.

It isn't like that spend was there to convert relegation fodder into hopeful challengers. We were already a top ten side. The owners behave like kids in a sweet shop when they first arrived, chucking money about and appointing the wrong man to manage the football team. And the players aren't putting in performances in line with they hefty pay packets. Whilst I don't like to hear fans moaning for the sake of moaning, being pissed of when an expensively assembled team capitulates against Peterborough and Charlton is to be expected. If that offends the players' sensibilities then they could always, you know, play a bit better.

Archived