Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Father Ted

Charlton pre-match discussion

If there are any doubts about Wood, I hope that we don't rush him back too soon. This game isn't make or break for us, though it is a very important game (like every game is).

Coming up to this with my Charlton mate on Tuesday. We owe them one and I'm positive of a hopeful result!

If there are any doubts about Wood, I hope that we don't rush him back too soon. This game isn't make or break for us, though it is a very important game (like every game is).

Coming up to this with my Charlton mate on Tuesday. We owe them one and I'm positive of a hopeful result!

Lamby?

Wood needs to play this game whether that is off the bench or starting I will be disappointed if he doesn't feature.

Aside for a spell in the last 15 minutes, Charlton showed nothing to be worried about today. We didn't play particularly well, yet they seemed to just resign themselves to their fate. So long as you are organised this should be a formality. Though Powell does like to gamble at the death. They had 3 striker plus Leon Cort pushing up from CB come the end.

I would agree that Nugent is dogshite in most away games. He's a championship player obviously so he's not going to play well in every game. Doesn't help when we lump it up to him when he's not even 6 foot tall though.

kevin pool

simon grayson

julian watts

steve walsh

mike whitlow

gary parker

muzzy izzet

neil lennon

scott taylor

emile heskey

steve claridge

Decent line up. Probably lacking a bit of pace these days though.

kevin pool

simon grayson

julian watts

steve walsh

mike whitlow

gary parker

muzzy izzet

neil lennon

scott taylor

emile heskey

steve claridge

Walsh will need replacing as he is not good enough for the premiership, izzett is overrated that's why Chelsea got rid of him will never be any good at this level. Lennon in the centre of midfield??? We can't rely in players from lower leagues to get us out of this division!!!

I think o'neil needs to get into the loan market or were in real trouble

Walsh will need replacing as he is not good enough for the premiership, izzett is overrated that's why Chelsea got rid of him will never be any good at this level. Lennon in the centre of midfield??? We can't rely in players from lower leagues to get us out of this division!!!

I think o'neil needs to get into the loan market or were in real trouble

Brilliant, I really can't believe people in this thread seriously calling for the likes of Kasper and Nugent to be replaced, madness.

We should have more than enough to beat Charlton at home, but if we don't I think I will be avoiding this place for a while.

Just like Huddersfield and Peterborough?

We need to respect Charlton and play near our best, then we should win.

I was worried about Posh game cooliman, revised my forecast tongue in cheek. Can't remember posting in Huddersfield cup thread and if I did it was bravado because at work I said I thought we'd lose. I will always be positive, it's my nature and I certainly do not disrespect Charlton/Powell I just think we'll be back at it Tuesday night and win comfortably if we are full strength. Irrespective it's a forecast and I'm entitled to be positive as people are negative. It's all opinions whichever way! :chant:

I was worried about Posh game cooliman, revised my forecast tongue in cheek. Can't remember posting in Huddersfield cup thread and if I did it was bravado because at work I said I thought we'd lose. I will always be positive, it's my nature and I certainly do not disrespect Charlton/Powell I just think we'll be back at it Tuesday night and win comfortably if we are full strength. Irrespective it's a forecast and I'm entitled to be positive as people are negative. It's all opinions whichever way! :chant:

Shut up you positive twit...

lol

2-0 City

:trumpet:

kevin pool

simon grayson

julian watts

steve walsh

mike whitlow

gary parker

muzzy izzet

neil lennon

scott taylor

emile heskey

steve claridge

Oh please. You'll be calling for that lad from Oxford next - is it Elliott? - and the old guy Taggart, I believe he's available. Tell ya what, Collymore hasnt got a club, and that pensioner Cottee is out in Malayasia or somewhere, perhaps we should get him back? You muppet, you obviously know nothing about football, Parker and Lennon in midfield - PAH!! ;)

Nugents not only crap on his own! He's a rubbish away player! scored 2 away all season and average about 5/10 every game! Definitely a player i'd replace in the premiership!

Nuge is quality will score goals at any level, if given the right service.

Main striker at the club.

Should be looking to win this, especially with absolutely no results going our way at the moment.

The return of Wood is undoubtedly a boost to our prospects. A 2-1 win for us, Wood and Knockaert to notch for us. No prizes for guessing who gets their goal.

We've had 3 or 4 players whose performances in the last few games haven't been good enough, I hope this last week has been a wake up call for them. Our rock Morgan has looked shaky to me but I expect him to step up in the next few games and lead us to success.

These next 2 games are both very winnable and we need it, it'll relax a lot of our fans and renew our hope and confidence. Wood being fit is a massive boost, he's a player that installs confidence in his team mates. Nugent looked very poor vs Huddersfield and i'm sure he'll be out to make up for that.

I think we'll win 2-0 with Wood and Nugent on target.

For me the next severn days are huge for us.

Severn points out of the next three games will really keep us in the hunt for that second place however IF we slip up and results go against us i fear the worst as far as promotion goes.

Lets get behind the lads and roar them on to that automatic spot.

Archived