Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Father Ted

Charlton pre-match discussion

Time to put the cup exit behind us and look towards our next league game.

I'd go with:

Schmeichel

De Laet Morgan Keane Schlupp

Knockaert Drinkwater James Marshall

Nugent Wood

Subs: Logan, Moore, St.Ledger, Dyer, King, Vardy, Waghorn.

Should Marshall be unfit then bring in Dyer and should Wood be unfit then bring in Vardy. Hopefully Schlupp will be recalled from his 'trial' and go straight in for Konchesky. A much more balanced midfield. Morgan's recent form with Keane next to him has been worrying and can't help but think that it's only a matter of time before St.Ledger is fully fit and back into the starting 11 next to Morgan once again. Keane is a promising young lad but his defending has been worrying at times and it cost us at Peterborough... an experienced centre back pairing is the key for me but I wouldn't risk SSL until fully fit.

Schmeichel

De Laet -- Morgan -- Keane -- Konchesky (No other option apart from Schlupp. See my point of getting in a new left back).

Knockaert -- Drinkwater -- James -- Marshall

Nugent -- Wood

Subs: Moore, Schlupp, Wellens, King, Dyer, Vardy, Futacs

What I think Nige will do:

Schmeichel

RDL - Morgan - Keane - Konchesky

Knockaert - King - Drinkwater - Marshall

Wood (if fit) - Nugent

What I'd do after training like buggery over the next 10 days

Schmeichel (desperately need a new keeper IMO, this one only has a name but very few goalkeeping skills)

RDL - Keane - Morgan - Schlupp

Marshall - Drinkwater - King

Knockaert - Wood (if fit) - Nugent

I'd love to see Yann score the first goal, give it the 'big un' and then see us comeback and win by two goals. :scarf:

Watch him score a Panenka next Tues. When he does, I tell you know, I'm invading the pitch and kicking him in the plums.

Archived