Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Father Ted

Charlton pre-match discussion

@StringerSport: Chris Wood has just confirmed that he's hopeful of being back for Tuesday's Championship clash with Charlton.

That fracture is healing pretty quickly eh Albert?

Personally id go for a 4-4-1-1 with knockaert behind nugent because lets face it, waghorn is terrible and vardy..well better not to say anything thats how my mother brought me up anyway, Nugent might work better being fed balls through from knockaert also gives the little frenchman more free space direct to the goal

Shcmeichael

De Laet

Morgan

Keane

Schlupp (If back from MAN UTD)

Marshall

James

Drinkwater

Dyer

Knockaert

Nugent.

Personally id go for a 4-4-1-1 with knockaert behind nugent because lets face it, waghorn is terrible and vardy..well better not to say anything thats how my mother brought me up anyway, Nugent might work better being fed balls through from knockaert also gives the little frenchman more free space direct to the goal

Shcmeichael

De Laet

Morgan

Keane

Schlupp (If back from MAN UTD)

Marshall

James

Drinkwater

Dyer

Knockaert

Nugent.

no no no no no! Do you ever watch our games with Nuge up front on his own?! Useless, he is not one to hold the ball up well and always ends up isolated. He has no effect on the game as a striker on his own up front! I particularly saw this at Hull away. He ends up being nullified when up front on his own

Merc

Leicester City's Chris Wood says he has a chance of being fit to face Charlton Athletic at the King Power Stadium on Tuesday.

The striker's absence because of a knee injury has been felt by City as they have lost their last two games without him.

However, Wood, who has scored seven goals in six games since joining City on New Year's Day from West Brom, said he was hopeful he will be able to return to action against Chris Powell's Addicks.

"The injury is all good," he said at yesterday's fans signing session at the King Power Fanstore, when 2,500 City supporters queued up to meet the players, who stopped for three hours instead of the planned 90 minutes.

"It is coming along nicely and I still have a few days of treatment to get it right. Hopefully, it will be okay for Tuesday.

"That is the plan. If everything goes well during the next few days, there is a chance I can be involved.

"It is always going to be tough when you come back from an injury, but it is just one of those things you have to deal with.

"Every footballer goes through it. It is about dealing with it and making sure we get the right result on Tuesday."

Wood said he hoped to continue his excellent partnership with fellow striker David Nugent on Tuesday.

The pair were in great form until Wood picked up the injury in training before the defeat at Peterborough last weekend.

"I will go back out there and do my job, and link up with whoever is up there with me and, hopefully, that is Nuge," said Wood."

Wood's excellent form in January led to him being named in the three-man short-list for the player of the month award, but he just missed out to Watford striker Matej Vydra.

"To settle so well at this club and then to get nominated for the award is something I will never forget," said Wood. "It is amazing. Vydra is a quality player, a good striker, and he has done so well for Watford.."

Read more: http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/story-18167630-detail/story.html?#ixzz2L3PuDUJY

Follow us: @thisisleics on Twitter | thisisleicestershire on Facebook

no no no no no! Do you ever watch our games with Nuge up front on his own?! Useless, he is not one to hold the ball up well and always ends up isolated. He has no effect on the game as a striker on his own up front! I particularly saw this at Hull away. He ends up being nullified when up front on his own

We went to Hull to just defend and get a point, we also played 4-3-3, we need to try 4-2-3-1 again, just like we did against hull at home

We went to Hull to just defend and get a point, we also played 4-3-3, we need to try 4-2-3-1 again, just like we did against hull at home

We need to try it but I just feel the striker gets isolated too much at times and Nuge's strong point isn't with his back to goal holding the ball up. I'd be happy to do it with Wood on his own should Nuge get injured but with just Nuge on his own I get the feeling he is wasted

Nugents not only crap on his own! He's a rubbish away player! scored 2 away all season and average about 5/10 every game! Definitely a player i'd replace in the premiership!

He wont be replaced he plays really well with Wood. If you think he does need replacing then we need about 8 new players!

Archived